Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

40 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We call him Al!

We call him Al!

His name's Alireza Jahanbaksh,

But we call him Al!

:scarf:

(If he signs

3 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Al-eh I think! LOL 

Has a weird running style that I kind of like (check out 1:18 into the vid).  Kind of reminds me of this...

71874D09-7123-4A58-85D1-04715AAE6211.gif

Yes, it’s different and I can agree with that. But different is good, that’s why I love how him. Nobody runs like Ronaldo either so :)

Edited by Sebastian
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DannyN83 said:

I'm interested to see who the better player out of Elyounoussi and Jahanbakhsh. Haven't seen either of them play, has anyone have an option who has?

I really like Elyounoussi as well. I think they are quite similar players, maybe Jahanbakhsh has a bit more of a wow factor, but elyounossi is pacier.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DannyN83 said:

I'm interested to see who the better player out of Elyounoussi and Jahanbakhsh. Haven't seen either of them play, has anyone have an option who has?

Elynoussi is probably the more likely to make an instant impact (Champions League experience), but Alireza has more potential (can use both feet, can head, good passer).

That said the team you play for has a massive bearing on how you perform. Saints struggled badly last season, but have been active in the market so far. Depends what they are like with Hughes in charge and a new team core. Likewise a lot depends on us, we had a lot of the ball last year but lacked creative players. This year we have invested in lots more ball playing players, but we don't know if they will all gel yet, and lost our best creative player to boot.

The player is definitely a gamble, but with those stats and that highlight reel it looks worth taking. We need to replace 13 goals and 10 assists from Mahrez last year. The hope is that in Maddison, Ricardo and Alireza (if we get him) we can do that. Who knows... we might make a lot more chances this season if the core gel and Puel gets us playing faster.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Still baffled why we didn't pursue Elyonoussi for less than we're paying for this chap. 

tbf, the difference is about 5 mil, same age, but playing for a dutch team outside the traditional big three, and racking up his stats, is more impressive than playing for the best (this season for first time in god knows how many years second best), team in switzerland. Again they are quite comparable. while elyounoussi has Champions League experience, ARJ has Europa League experience and World Cup experience.

Edited by Inarsenewerust

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Still baffled why we didn't pursue Elyonoussi for less than we're paying for this chap. 

There's many factors coming into play - I wouldn't dismiss the player's own decision-making in this process. Maybe Elyounoussi thought Leicester was a bit too step a start in the Premier League or it too big of a task having been under pressure to be Mahrez' "successor" - also, LCFC may regard Jahanbakhsh the bigger prospect for the future, potentially being worth more than Elyounoussi as time progresses (re-sale value).

5 minutes ago, Inarsenewerust said:

tbf, the difference is about 5 mil, same age, but playing for a dutch team outside the traditional big three, and racking up his stats, is more impressive than playing for the best (this season for first time in god knows how many years second best), team in switzerland. Again they are quite comparable. while elyounoussi has Champions League experience, ARJ has Europa League experience and World Cup experience.

I'm not querying it in the sense that I believe Elyounoussi to be the superior player, I have too little information on either for me to build an opinion. It's just we heavily scouted Elyounoussi for 2 seasons and it seemed we were lining him up as either Mahrez's replacement or as competition. He finally was ready to be sold, as was Mahrez and we didn't go for him. 

42 minutes ago, Everygamefox said:

Looks like it’s happening but he looks a bit slow for the PL.

if it was 500k great but not sure for 20 million 

I think he looks slower than he actually is because of the way he runs, if you look more at the distance covered rather than him directly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aliparvin said:

Hello everyone! I'm an Iranian-American who becomes a fan of a team only because it has Iranians in it. I know, it's stupid and shallow, but then again so is any allegiance to a team. We have personal connections to them and we cheer the team on when they win, and feel the pain when they lose. Humans are strange things. Anyway, as of this day, i'm now officially a LCFC fan and will be and watch every match and cheer with you guys, until ARJB is there. After that, I won't probably watch every game, but LCFC will always be in my heart, just like Fulham and Bolton and I will always have your jersey and learn your songs.

Anyway, I hope I can be less annoying than my other Persian compatriots, but hey, I can only control myself.  I came here to share with you this video. It's all of ARJB's goals and assists last year. Hope you enjoy. also just in case you wanna know how to pronounce his name, you'll hear the dutch commentators say it a bunch of times in the youtube video (which is dumb Persian music free!)  all you have to do is replace the YA with Ja.  Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXnTLV_PMcg

Don’t feel bad or stupid

we are used to it with the majority of Algerian followers 

1 hour ago, Inarsenewerust said:

what do you guys think of Musa and Slimani ? Personally I thought both were very high quality players, but it seems after they moved from smaller leagues to leicester they struggled. The only reason that some iranians arent totally excited about this move is that they fear the possibility that something like this happens to alireza. Obviously, flopping is a possibility anywhere. But, english clubs kind of have a bad reputation of discarding players that dont immediately perform/fans jumping on them/scapegoating them. As a long time arsenal fan, I have witnessed similar unfair treatment of the likes of lucas perez, joel campbell, and even at times mesut ozil. Now ozil is a world class player that is able to handle such pressure and continue to perform, but the other two drifted away from arsenal and back to other leagues.

Would you guys say this attitude is also prevalent at leiecester or not as much? I personally think Puel is a very coach and guy and thats why I am fine with the signing. Ideally I would have liked to see ARJ in a more development oriented league, like Bundesliga, for one of the top 6-7 teams, but I feel like he can develop similarly at leiecester with good young players around him, as well as the Puel who is known for player development since his time in france. I think the fact that ARJ's playing style really suits the PL, more than most iranian players for sure, also makes this not that big of a concern.

Would you have liked to see Ali at the gooners?

3 minutes ago, danny2997 said:

I think he looks slower than he actually is because of the way he runs, if you look more at the distance covered rather than him directly. 

That is a very good observation, he really is fast. Against Portugal he was the 3rd fastest player of the game and the fastest Iranian. I wish I had the stats!

Thanks inarsenewerust and sebastian for your great contributions. I'm excited at this signing, if it comes off. It's a risk, sure, but i particularly like the reputation of his good decision-making on the pitch, and his character looks spot on - v professional. I get the feeling he will be willing to learn and to apply himself

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Would you have liked to see Ali at the gooners?

Firstly, our formation and personnel is a bit weird. We are likely going to play a strong midfield base this season of torreira, Xhaka, and Ramsey, meaning that Ozil and Mkhi will be used in wider areas, but really just float around as they please behind Lacazette or Aubameyang. Alternatively we could play one of xhaka orRamsey in the middle along with torreira, have ozil and mkhi as attacking mids, behind both Lacazette and Aubameyang. I prefer this. 

In both cases, Ali is not going to start over Ozil or Mkhi lol. But he could be a good wide option, real winger, off the bench. As an iranian, I dont want to see any of our players on the bench. He wouldnt get the playing time he needs to develop (at 24 he needs to play games), and thus I would rather see him at a leicester. Also with my knowledge of arsenal fan base as I said before, attacking our best players like Ozil on a regular basis, I would rather he stay away from such an environment for now.

As I said before, I really liked the idea of him going to napoli (champions league football, decent chance of starting, lot of games because of multiple competitions), and was pretty pissed when that fell through. Something like Schalke, Dortmund, Hoffenheim would have really matched his style of play as well, but those clubs arent really willing to spend that much money, max they typically pay for attacking players is 15-20 million, and the player is usually between 19-21, such as ousmane dembele, breel embolo,etc. So those clubs were out of the picture. Europa League level bundesliga teams cant afford him, nor can europa league level italian teams or spanish teams. So the only option left is england, where all clubs have money to spend. From these teams leicester is a very good fit, everton would also be a similar option. I really just want him to go to a more competitive league where he will be challenged, but also given a fair chance and room to grow and develop without constant fear of being benched.

Edited by Inarsenewerust

20 minutes ago, aliparvin said:

Hello everyone! I'm an Iranian-American who becomes a fan of a team only because it has Iranians in it. I know, it's stupid and shallow, but then again so is any allegiance to a team. We have personal connections to them and we cheer the team on when they win, and feel the pain when they lose. Humans are strange things. Anyway, as of this day, i'm now officially a LCFC fan and will be and watch every match and cheer with you guys, until ARJB is there. After that, I won't probably watch every game, but LCFC will always be in my heart, just like Fulham and Bolton and I will always have your jersey and learn your songs.

Anyway, I hope I can be less annoying than my other Persian compatriots, but hey, I can only control myself.  I came here to share with you this video. It's all of ARJB's goals and assists last year. Hope you enjoy. also just in case you wanna know how to pronounce his name, you'll hear the dutch commentators say it a bunch of times in the youtube video (which is dumb Persian music free!)  all you have to do is replace the YA with Ja.  Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_381ZoJYf0

What the bloody hell is that at 1:11?