Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Riyad finally gone

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Makes for a rather awkward viewing:

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/interviews/2018/july/man-city-sign-riyad-mahrez-citytv-interview

Joy and enthusiasm look different to me, but maybe that's just my own subjective perception.

He always looks like that in interviews. Perhaps a little happier than the one after signing his contract renewal with us lol

Just now, brucey said:

He always looks like that in interviews. Perhaps a little happier than the one after signing his contract renewal with us lol

I just noticed the incredible amount of times he had to touch his face, beard, nose and shirt. Signs of him feeling very uncomfortable.

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

I just noticed the incredible amount of times he had to touch his face, beard, nose and shirt. Signs of him feeling very uncomfortable.

Nah he's just awkward and fidgety like that. Been doing that for years with us. Pep does it too I think.

26 minutes ago, FoxOfMelton said:

Got to say, his latest tweet irked me a little bit. "Everything comes to who knows how to wait" - I'm not really sure that refusing to train or play for weeks after not getting your way is exactly "knowing how to wait".

Yeah It did me too just read that on his Instagram post, what also got me was our current players were saying congratulations to him 

I could understand them saying “all the best” but not congratulations 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Whatever happens, some will not be satisfied and he'll be criticised. 

Personally, it wouldn't bother me if it isn't the next few days but we all have different opinions. I can't see how his time with us won't be special to him and I'd expect him to recognise it at some point. Maybe he won't and I'll end up pissed off with him too but I'd be surprised.

Yeah of course, but thats the nature of this world. Wouldn't annoy me if he didn't, but it would leave a sour taste that he wouldn't write a short message thanking LCFC and the fans for everything over the last few years. We've seen how his advisors have c0cked up before, so nothing would surprise me

Its just about higher wages and playing consistenly for a probable title winner and champs league. Nothing else.

With more games to play across all the cup competitions he will get game time. The crucial thing will be if he is a starter. You've got to think its his to lose. You dont pay 60 mill and leave him on the bench. 

If he doesnt play well he is easily replaced. Will he sulk? How can you when you  are playing for a big club like that and champs league. I dont think he will whine like he did at CITY. That would be big club suicide for him as he would have done it at two clubs in a row.

Absolutely gutted that it had to come to this. Loved having him on our team but he clearly wanted to leave for awhile now and loyalty means a lot to a squad. He had to go.

I think most of us can appreciate what he brought to the foxes in that incredible epl championship winning season and the champions league. The lad has serious talent and should do very well there with the squad they have.

Will enjoy seeing him play at a high  level but i hope the b@stards fail miserably with all those £ notes spent.

Truly hate that it had to end this way but the foxes move on and hope we can get a moral victory in this saga by taking 2, 3 or 6 points against man city next year.....fingers crossed:fc:

Time to get behind our lads and win some freaking games!

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Yeah It did me too just read that on his Instagram post, what also got me was our current players were saying congratulations to him 

I could understand them saying “all the best” but not congratulations 

They'll most likely all be friends and if he has been set on this move then it's only natural for them to congratulate him. 

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Read your post and then read my post. One good season the rest average? ???

One good season, three inconsistent seasons, hardly set the league alight in the last two seasons has he?

Turned up for a few weeks then went walkabouts for a few, he can't afford to do that at Man City.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

One good season, three inconsistent seasons, hardly set the league alight in the last two seasons has he?

Turned up for a few weeks then went walkabouts for a few, he can't afford to do that at Man City.

He was quality last season and in our first season back in the Prem. Ridiculously dropped by Nige for ages and would have had a ton of assists if we'd known how to finish. 

You'd have binned him for £5m though :worship:

1 minute ago, Goober said:

He was quality last season and in our first season back in the Prem.

lol

That statement is as bad as me wanting shut of him for £5 million.

First season in the Prem he showed glimpses but was inconsistent.

Last season he had hot and cold streaks, typical Riyad.

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

lol

That statement is as bad as me wanting shut of him for £5 million.

First season in the Prem he showed glimpses but was inconsistent.

Last season he had hot and cold streaks, typical Riyad.

First season playing in the Prem he did as well as what could be expected of him - if not better - in an under-performing team. Pretty much all of us knew he'd be destined for much bigger things after watching him that season.

Last season he's managed 12 goals and 10 assists. He's not going to score every game. That's a great season for any winger, especially at a mid-table club. 

33 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Not sure I can even be arsed to support us now he's gone. What's the point 

The club is always bigger than any player. 

I've moved on fast as there isnt shite we can do about it now (and its been coming for some time)  other than find another player or two and move onwards.

As a relative newcomer to the Foxes bandwagon I can only empathize with all of you.  He's a big reason why the club hit the heights that it did and whenever he was going to leave - if he was still near the top of his game, it was going to suck.  I guess it was inevitable after the antics of last season but it still sucks.

I do think the club can overcome his loss and at least challenge for a top 7 finish. He only showed up about half the time last season (granted when he did he was a difference-maker) but if Claude is up to the task (questionable I know) they can hopefully be more consistent and at least take care of business against the clubs they should beat. 

I think he'll be great for City for one season because he'll be motivated - but his time there will probably end with a 'be careful what you wished for' type situation for both sides.  He's probably my favorite player to watch right now and I only wish him the best, but here's hoping they put the transfer money to good use and go out build another club that can challenge for a Champions League spot.

• Like 2