Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Riyad finally gone

36 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Best of luck to him ( he will need it ) I see Josep using him as a wing back or maybe reserve goal keeper or even water boy ?

But really, thanks for the memories but thats all they are now.

I've already moved on. Remember when we lost The Little French Guy along came Wilf.

Ndidi is a prospect.. But didn't replace Kante.. Who could!! 

• Like 1

Thanks for the memories Riyad but for me this is a good move for both parties.

Riyad gets his "dream move" (although looking back I'd suspect going anywhere but Leicester would have been that)

Leicester get a decent amount of money and rid of a player who doesn't want to be here.

Just need to invest the money wisely.

27 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Ndidi is a prospect.. But didn't replace Kante.. Who could!! 

And Chelsea now value their player at over £100mn, he is clearly three times the player he was 2 years ago. That Chelsea coaching team are good.

5 minutes ago, Bazly said:

And Chelsea now value their player at over £100mn, he is clearly three times the player he was 2 years ago. That Chelsea coaching team are good.

He was worth £80m when we sold him. We just had that release clause which lowered his value massively. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joefox said:

Thanks for the memories Riyad. Though I’m glad it’s done now and don’t have to endure anymore strops.

This is the problem though. We unearth these brilliant players and they all want to move on eventually. I’ve a feeling Maguire will next. So frustrating but that’s the reality...

That's why we need the world-class training ground and stadium expansion/improvements. Man City and Chelsea weren't much bigger than we are now when they got their rich owners, and now most players want to play for them.

We'll never get to that level, but we can grow and ensure that better quality players want to join/stay with us over other PL sides.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

But his lacklustre spells weren't 75% of the time, it's ridiculous. Everyone will be yearning for him and his supposed failures next season. 

It's not ridiculous bit extreme maybe but it's a fair point.

Last two seasons Riyad has had some fantastic moments and some incredibly shit moments, last season he would play well for 2-3 weeks then put in a couple of stinkers for 2-3 weeks.

Even in the title winning season, was he the most consistent? No, Kante was.

N'Golo Kante despite being here for one season was the most consistent player I've seen at Leicester, he'd be the one to stand out as our best player even in our average games that season. 

There's many players in the Prem who blow hot and cold and Riyad is one of them, Man City won't have any of that or he'll be on the bench for the majority of the time.

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's disappointing that he hasn't put out a statement / Twitter / Instagram thanking Leicester and our fans. Or is this something I haven't seen yet?

I thought this as well. Given we provided him with the stage and game time to showcase his talents and be the player he is, plus he won the effing league with us!!!!!! The least he could have done is thank the club and the supporters who have made him what he is today. Sure he's talented and I'm sure we all want him to do well at Man City but c'mon Riyad SHOW SOME CLASS!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Squirrel said:

I thought this as well. Given we provided him with the stage and game time to showcase his talents and be the player he is, plus he won the effing league with us!!!!!! The least he could have done is thank the club and the supporters who have made him what he is today. Sure he's talented and I'm sure we all want him to do well at Man City but c'mon Riyad SHOW SOME CLASS!

More likely to show you his ass....

Amidst all the excitement of the World Cup, today is tinged with a little sadness with Riyad's inevitable departure to Manchester City.  To me, he was the most skilful player ever to don a Leicester City shirt - certainly in my lifetime.  Good luck Riyad and thank you for all the memories.  There certainly have been plenty!

Now time to move on the the next chapter.

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's disappointing that he hasn't put out a statement / Twitter / Instagram thanking Leicester and our fans. Or is this something I haven't seen yet?

According to his Social Media profiles, he's still a (quote) Leiscester City player. His Twitter account still features himself in an LCFC shirt. His Instagram profile pic is the one of him lifting the Premier League trophy.

For a footballer of his posture, his handling of Social Media (or whomever's taking care of it) is rather poor.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Red Squirrel said:

This won't go down well with fans, can see him getting booed.

Following Riyad's social media over time he isn't that fully active on it compared to other players. If you check, most of his bio is still Leicester related information even though he posted/retweeted some Man City pictures.

I think he will post something over the next few days. Well, I hope so... :cry:

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

According to his Social Media profiles, he's still a (quote) Leiscester City player. His Twitter account still features himself in an LCFC shirt. His Instagram profile pic is the one of him lifting the Premier League trophy.

For a footballer of his posture, his handling of Social Media (or whomever's taking care of it) is rather poor.

It's only been half a day... Slimani's Sporting bio stayed up for months and Pereira's stayed up for weeks until someone tweeted him to change it. I'm sure they have better things to do than remember to change their social media profiles instantly. Almost all players manage their own accounts, with only the occasional promotional tweet sent to them to copy and paste.

There's no doubting he's been a big player for us. But it's time to move on. He's not the first to think the grass was greener elsewhere. He'll find that although Man city may be a big club financially.

They don't command the respect we do for winning the league.

We're starting a new chapter in our history anyway with Puel and the new players.

So it's onwards and upwards we go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Ha Ha, Leicester fans begging a former player to thank them for supporting him. "Please riyad, acknowledge us."

Hardly begging ... just saying that it is a mark of a mature individual, and a decent human to acknowledge what and who has enabled him to progress. Without supporters there would be no football.