Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Riyad finally gone

7 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Ha Ha, Leicester fans begging a former player to thank them for supporting him. "Please riyad, acknowledge us."

Don't think anyone is begging for him to do it?

People are just saying it's surprising is all, especially given that he has put out statements in the past where he's specifically called out the fans and club and thanked them.

3 minutes ago, Christoph said:

How much has he gone for? Can't seem to find a figure and don't want to sift through 13 pages of this thread. 

a six pack of beer and a pack of crisps.  oh and 60 million

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

He has all the talent to be a success there, not sure he has the professionalism and dedication to quite reach the likes of Messi and Ronaldo’s levels

Bit harsh comparing him to the two greatest players of all time?  He'll do well and I think to be a professional footballer at any level these days you need a level of dedication none of use losers has got. :)  X

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Bit harsh comparing him to the two greatest players of all time?  He'll do well and I think to be a professional footballer at any level these days you need a level of dedication none of use losers has got. :)  X

Yeah maybe but my point was that he probably has the natural talent of those type of players but doesn’t have the same fire in his stomach to demand perfection from himself. Maybe Guardiola will drill that into him. If he does then he’ll be a superstar 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah maybe but my point was that he probably has the natural talent of those type of players but doesn’t have the same fire in his stomach to demand perfection from himself. Maybe Guardiola will drill that into him. If he does then he’ll be a superstar 

I think he is at one of the best clubs in the world and has the potential to be one of the top players in the world and will probably become so.  He already is by many metrics.  He will never be as good as Messi and Ronaldo but no one in the history of the game ever has been really.  I think I know where you are coming from but seems a little churlish.  Guardiola would not have been so keen on him if he felt he had a bad attitude or was not dedicated.  I am sad he has gone and we need to move on as a team but i wish him nothing but the very best because anything else makes me feel spiteful and I don;t like to see myself like that.  X

12 hours ago, kingfox said:

18 goals, 11 assists last season, tore teams apart constantly. Riyad doesn't show enough consistency to be classed as World Class, Sterling and Sane were brilliant last season, if he doesn't show consistency then I can't see him pushing one of them out.

Just because he doesn't show up for England? Bit like Riyad for Algeria.

Mahrez has composure in abundance, something Sterling severely lacks.

Sterling fortunate to benefit from all the assists that KDB, Silva and Sane serve up. Sterling was playing with the best Midfieider on the planet.

Mahrez shines in an average side..

If Sterling was at LCFC, could he do what Mahrez has ? Not a chance.

• Like 1

Just let's wish Mahrez well. Whatever has happened over this protracted move he has done well for Leicester City not only on the pitch with all the glorious displays but also from a financial point of view. It's what the Club do with these finances that's important now.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nod.E said:

What does irritate me, however, is his thanking God on Instagram.

No mention of the fans.

No mention of the cleaners.

No mention of the physios.

No mention of the coaches.

No mention of the managers.

No mention of the memories.

No mention of the teammates. 

But God? Thanks to God. Come on, mate.

Yeah, flippin' ingrate.

Doesn't he know it was the cleaners that made him who he is today?

I worry that we are fast becoming the new Southampton. This is the 3rd summer running we've lost a key player to a Big 6 team and the chances are that we will face bids for Maguire and possibly Ndidi and Kasper over the next few weeks. Okay, we've not lost 4 or 5 players in one summer to one club like Southampton have in the past but the continued loss of quality players is a real concern, especially as we've failed to replace quality with the same level of quality thus far (even Ndidi, as good as he is, is not Kanté). My fear is that this can only result in our gradual slide down the table.:(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

Ndidi is a prospect.. But didn't replace Kante.. Who could!! 

Agreed.................. However I didn't say he replaced The Little French Guy I think I said along came Wilf,

Kante would could never be replaced that's why it hurts every time I see him playing for Chelsea   :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

15 minutes ago, murphy said:

Yeah, flippin' ingrate.

They did always have to take his plastic cup of Ribena out of the showers after every game.

18 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Agreed.................. However I didn't say he replaced The Little French Guy I think I said along came Wilf,

Kante would could never be replaced that's why it hurts every time I see him playing for Chelsea   :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Yep! 

The only real 'world class ' player ever to play for us.. With the exception of Cambiasso perhaps? 

35 minutes ago, murphy said:

Yeah, flippin' ingrate.

My point being that even the cleaners contributed more than a mythical being.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I worry that we are fast becoming the new Southampton. This is the 3rd summer running we've lost a key player to a Big 6 team and the chances are that we will face bids for Maguire and possibly Ndidi and Kasper over the next few weeks. Okay, we've not lost 4 or 5 players in one summer to one club like Southampton have in the past but the continued loss of quality players is a real concern, especially as we've failed to replace quality with the same level of quality thus far (even Ndidi, as good as he is, is not Kanté). My fear is that this can only result in our gradual slide down the table.:(

Fairly sure our owners will not let a mass exodus happen, we've seen it held up for 2 years with 1 quality player, and I severely doubt there are many release clauses (Vardy maybe?)....;) I still think N'Golo Kanté was a bigger loss to us than Riyad Mahrez