Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Riyad finally gone

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I worry that we are fast becoming the new Southampton. This is the 3rd summer running we've lost a key player to a Big 6 team and the chances are that we will face bids for Maguire and possibly Ndidi and Kasper over the next few weeks. Okay, we've not lost 4 or 5 players in one summer to one club like Southampton have in the past but the continued loss of quality players is a real concern, especially as we've failed to replace quality with the same level of quality thus far (even Ndidi, as good as he is, is not Kanté). My fear is that this can only result in our gradual slide down the table.:(

Again, it's time to move away from that notion that we are forced to replace players 1:1. A change of system is all that it needs, or very similar players, more input from other areas on the pitch (central midfield, Gray, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Chilwell, Pereira, for instance).

We're arguably in a rather promising situation, the squad is big enough so that a few players will still (have to) leave, we can trim it down to a suitable number, we have options in almost all areas, a couple of promising youngsters at hand, bought sensibly so far this summer in Maddison, Pereira and Evans and now have £60m more at our disposal to add talent to the team and are on the verge of building new training facilities plus expanding the stadium.

Should we slide down the table next season, I'd be willing to give the management more time, because with a new system, it may take a while for it to come to full fruition. What I don't want to see - regardless of that development - is a team that doesn't want to play football, results like the two losses against bloody Crystal Palace or the home loss against West Ham, winning just five out of 21, bowing out in the cup competitions with a really good chance of progressing further... Basically, I'd do anything to get away from the kind of dross on the pitch served under Puel during the second half of last season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Again, it's time to move away from that notion that we are forced to replace players 1:1. A change of system is all that it needs, or very similar players, more input from other areas on the pitch (central midfield, Gray, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Chilwell, Pereira, for instance).

We're arguably in a rather promising situation, the squad is big enough so that a few players will still (have to) leave, we can trim it down to a suitable number, we have options in almost all areas, a couple of promising youngsters at hand, bought sensibly so far this summer in Maddison, Pereira and Evans and now have £60m more at our disposal to add talent to the team and are on the verge of building new training facilities plus expanding the stadium.

Should we slide down the table next season, I'd be willing to give the management more time, because with a new system, it may take a while for it to come to full fruition. What I don't want to see - regardless of that development - is a team that doesn't want to play football, results like the two losses against bloody Crystal Palace or the home loss against West Ham, winning just five out of 21, bowing out in the cup competitions with a really good chance of progressing further... Basically, I'd do anything to get away from the kind of dross on the pitch served under Puel during the second half of last season.

If anything , puels football has been an improvement on what we've produced since 15/16 lol

I appreciate what he did for us and what a player he turned into while he was here, when he first signed for us he had raw potential and no one, not him or anyone else had any idea what a player he would turn out to be for us but the way he has been for the last few seasons you could tell he just wanted out . we just need to spend the money wisely. there is very little loyalty in football nowadays and every player is ambitious and eager to get as much money as they can.

Mahrez has been a delight for us with his football skills but he obviously has wanted away for some time. I believe the club have done the right thing & cashed him in for some serious profit allowing us to invest in some younger prospects.

I don't think we are becoming the new Southampton just yet but it's hard to keep top notch players when we are not in Europe.

22 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

It's hard to argue it's not pretty poor to be honest. 

It's poor if it never comes. Give the bloke some time. I can bet he has someone that does all his media for him. 

2 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

lots of people catching feels because they get hurt by footballers leaving like they would if a girlfriend upped and left.

mahrez will say thank you in good time

untwist knickers for now and try not to let it bother you too much eh

Feels thread /b/ 

Edited by SecretPro

4 hours ago, weller54 said:

Yep! 

The only real 'world class ' player ever to play for us.. With the exception of Cambiasso perhaps? 

I beg to differ:

Gordon Banks

Peter Shilton

Harry Maguire

Arthur Rowley

Gary Lineker

I also really liked Graham Cross but that was personal. TBH in recent times you nailed it.

Ps: Always keep reminding myself of my first favourite period, Jimmy Bloomfield's lot who in my world, were all world class :geek:  :worship:

Edited by Chico1958
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chico1958 said:

I beg to differ:

Gordon Banks

Peter Shilton

Harry Maguire

Arthur Rowley

Gary Lineker

I also really liked Graham Cross but that was personal. TBH in recent times you nailed it.

Ps: Always keep reminding myself of my first favourite period, Jimmy Bloomfield's lot who in my world, were all world class :geek:  :worship:

Frank Worthington and Keith Weller need to be on that list.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1