Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Riyad finally gone

There is an ominous parallel with Drinkwater who got a thigh injury right before transferring to Chelsea. I always thought this injury kept him from fighting his way into the squad. That's how it works at "big clubs": once you're on the outs it's almost impossible to fight your way back in. Competition at Man City is fierce, and they dump a lot of players without them ever seeing daylight. The beginning of the season is the crucial time for Mahrez, and now he is hobbled. Don't be surprised if they just dump him on the market next summer.

Here's a question: If Mahrez tanks at Man City, would you buy him back?

I think I would. How about £15M?

[ Note added in proof: Chelsea are selling Drinkwater: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/danny-drinkwater-heading-chelsea-exit-12995133 . So much for his "big club" move. ]

Edited by Pete from the USA

4 hours ago, Pete from the USA said:

There is an ominous parallel with Drinkwater who got a thigh injury right before transferring to Chelsea. I always thought this injury kept him from fighting his way into the squad. That's how it works at "big clubs": once you're on the outs it's almost impossible to fight your way back in. Competition at Man City is fierce, and they dump a lot of players without them ever seeing daylight. The beginning of the season is the crucial time for Mahrez, and now he is hobbled. Don't be surprised if they just dump him on the market next summer.

Here's a question: If Mahrez tanks at Man City, would you buy him back?

I think I would. How about £15M?

[ Note added in proof: Chelsea are selling Drinkwater: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/danny-drinkwater-heading-chelsea-exit-12995133 . So much for his "big club" move. ]

Pep gets the best out of his players. There is no reason for mahrez not to do well in City.

5 hours ago, Pete from the USA said:

Isn't that how it's worked here too? 

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

If you consider MC to be ‘a balanced, clever poster’ you’ve not been on here long enough mi old son...

I agree with you. Mahrez has been one of City’s best ever players (some would say THE best) and, like Kante, he has propelled our club to the best days that many of us will ever see.

I read with dismay, on this very fickle bloody forum, how Kante was being slagged off for leaving us. He then, of course, went on to win the Prem title all over again and now the World Cup.

I have no ill feeling toward Mahrez nor have I any inclination to take the piss out of him. He has done wonders for this football club and no little berk on here is going to tell me otherwise.

;)

I don't understand. Yes, Kanté was for me our best player to ever wear the shirt and I was happy for him to see him succeed at Chelsea as well as lifting the WC.

Knowing that this kind of players wore the shirt should make us proud, yet people bash them and some sad fvcks are even happy to see him on crutches.

I thought we were better than that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, That_Dude said:

I don't understand. Yes, Kanté was for me our best player to ever wear the shirt and I was happy for him to see him succeed at Chelsea as well as lifting the WC.

Knowing that this kind of players wore the shirt should make us proud, yet people bash them and some sad fvcks are even happy to see him on crutches.

You can praise the footballer, and still "bash" the person and the people surrounding him.

I don't see nothing wrong with that. These two points aren't mutually exclusive. No player is excempt from criticism.

Edited by MC Prussian

9 hours ago, KingsX said:

When the Guv speaks, you will listen.

sox.JPG.d5ed013147fb4544861f4bed083e7a0a.JPG

38 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Bollox, I thought I'd deleted those photos. lol

Assuming they are you (well one of them anyway) ...      you actually posted it ??!! ...      :o

Nah ..  it’s a wind up ...   surely ....   

37 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

You can praise the footballer, and still "bash" the person and the people surrounding him.

I don't see nothing wrong with that. These two points aren't mutually exclusive. No player is excempt from criticism.

That's your absolute right. 

However spitting bullcrap like "karma" because the bloke got injured is for me the lowest of the low (obviously not directed at you).

With or without his tantrums he's been a key player for us and gave me personally many moments of sheer joy. What really happened behind the doors, none of us will really know and he still was essential last season.

So I'll remember the player since I don't exactly know the person.

13 hours ago, KingsX said:

When the Guv speaks, you will listen.

sox.JPG.d5ed013147fb4544861f4bed083e7a0a.JPG

4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Assuming they are you (well one of them anyway) ...      you actually posted it ??!! ...      :o

Nah ..  it’s a wind up ...   surely ....   

Ha ha, nearly choked on my cornflakes. Your post is funnier than the original.

9 hours ago, That_Dude said:

Don’t try to understand it. You’d go doolally!

The longer you’re around on here, the more you’ll realise there are some strange peeps.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, That_Dude said:

I for one am appalled at the schadenfreude we're seeing about poor Riyad's hurty ankle. 

There are some small minded individuals that might feel the slightest hint of amusement but oh no, not me.  No sir...

ryan-gosling-laughing-gif.gif.4f867e506def31564efa55e8513dc5ce.gif