Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Riyad finally gone

7 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Mahrez is a class above Sterling...

18 goals, 11 assists last season, tore teams apart constantly. Riyad doesn't show enough consistency to be classed as World Class, Sterling and Sane were brilliant last season, if he doesn't show consistency then I can't see him pushing one of them out.

9 minutes ago, davelcfc100 said:

One of them already is incredibly shit.

Just because he doesn't show up for England? Bit like Riyad for Algeria.

I'm my opinion he will be a legend for the title win as a collective squad, however, as a player his legendary status has been reduced down to his off field antics and sometimes half hearted performances, in my eyes vardy is more of a legend. It will be interesting to see how he reacts with not being the star man

As a club in the capricious waters of the PL, I think it’s a bit like learning to swim. There comes a point when you have to let go of the wall. Mahrez was part of our wall. Whilst he was on the pitch, safety always seemed within reach. Now we really have to learn how to manage without the creative genius that he brought to our game. We’ll find players who work harder; defend better. We won’t find anyone with that ability to conjure up magic. We will have to adapt. And quickly. 

£60m no add-ons? 

Strange considering the normally reliable Percy was stating £67million only hours ago.

Hope it is with generous add-ons at least or maybe includes Roberts as part of the deal (yet to be announced... etc) 

Gutted he has left, but at least it draws a line under the whole saga.

An absolute legend for us and undoubtedly the most skillful players I have seen play for us, since Josh Low. 

I can't help thinking that the abysmal signings are a reason for him wanting to leave.

If half the cash we have spent in the last 2 years had been value for money then we'd have a hell of a team, and most probably a happy Mahrez.

Questions still need to be asked on this score.

Edited by Vestan Pance

The most wonderfully gifted player that we ever had. You were a major part of us winning the Premier League which is something I never dreamt of happening to the club I love. Thanks Riyad and wishing you all the best at Man City. 

It's time for our club to be the aggressors and break some hearts, we need to march into Crytal Palace Tomorrow and offer 80% of the Mahrez fee for Zaha. Or fax the offer. Yeah fax would be more orthodox (so long as we don't miss any deadlines).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

It's time for our club to be the aggressors and break some hearts, we need to march into Crytal Palace Tomorrow and offer 80% of the Mahrez fee for Zaha. Or fax the offer. Yeah fax would be more orthodox (so long as we don't miss any deadlines).

Zaha would be quite tidy to be honest. Let’s go for it. Time to rustle other clubs this season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Expecting something from him thanking LCFC for the past few years. Given we've already released a #ThankYouRiyad and he's done nothing as of yet

It will come I'm sure. I wouldn't be surprised if he has deliberately said nothing as it's about his new club today and, whatever he could have said about us today, lots would still have criticised it as not being enough or being insincere..

I don't see that as disrespectful tbh. I'll be amazed if no statement is forthcoming about his time here in the not too distant future.

Maybe I'm wrong but I'd be surprised. I reckon he'll look back on his time with us with as much fondness as we do.

8 minutes ago, adamkhalifa said:

Amazing player with the best first touch I have seen.

I expected this to go through, and we have had long enough to digest the event.

How Leicester only got £60 mil is baffling. Leicester did buy cheap, but now sells cheaper..

Agree with this

Farewell sweet Prince. Slightly disappointing end to his time here but he helped end our decade without top flight football which was all we ever asked for!

Oh and that whole great escape, 5,000/1, and champions league quarter final thingy.

Farewell sweet Prince...

image.png.b962a93d00a893b3727dcaa5dfb25096.png

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Redouane said:

Got another season out of him, and 20 millions more than the club would've gotten 1 year ago.. Good deal overall. 

This is a really good point. No one was getting near £50 million last summer.

Yes it’s less than he’s worth, but more than we could have been mugged off for. 

Edited by Nickfosse

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

Farewell sweet Prince. Sightly disappointing end to his time here but he helped end our decade without top flight football which was all we ever asked for!

Oh and that whole great escape, 5,000/1, and champions league quarter final thingy.

Farewell sweet Prince...

image.png.b962a93d00a893b3727dcaa5dfb25096.png

Even a blind man could see that.

• Haha 1