Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Riyad finally gone

I've  not seen any comments from him regarding thanking LCFC for dragging him from obscurity to helping him become world renown.

Most players in his position usually give thanks to the club they are leaving especially after achieving so much with them.

Or have I just missed it.

• Thanks 1

Almost impossible to replace. I really hope we now go for a player who plays in a similar way to Riyad and get the deal done ASAP rather than letting it drag on until deadline day. 

I think at Man City he'll move to the next level. He'll get double the assists and double the goals. 

20 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

It will come I'm sure. I wouldn't be surprised if he has deliberately said nothing as it's about his new club today and, whatever he could have said about us today, lots would still have criticised it as not being enough or being insincere..

I don't see that as disrespectful tbh. I'll be amazed if no statement is forthcoming about his time here in the not too distant future.

Maybe I'm wrong but I'd be surprised. I reckon he'll look back on his time with us with as much fondness as we do.

I hope you're right and it comes in the next few days.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

I've  not seen any comments from him regarding thanking LCFC for dragging him from obscurity to helping him become world renown.

Most players in his position usually give thanks to the club they are leaving especially after achieving so much with them.

Or have I just missed it.

Not updated his Twitter Bio yet so maybe a lots happening for him in the last few hours

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Not updated his Twitter Bio yet so maybe a lots happening for him in the last few hours

It's usually included in any statements about the new club. 

Disappointed but probably shows he was still upset about us trying to maximise his departure but shows a massive lack of respect towards LCFC and it's fans.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I hope you're right and it comes in the next few days.

Whatever happens, some will not be satisfied and he'll be criticised. 

Personally, it wouldn't bother me if it isn't the next few days but we all have different opinions. I can't see how his time with us won't be special to him and I'd expect him to recognise it at some point. Maybe he won't and I'll end up pissed off with him too but I'd be surprised.

Edited by Max Wall

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Disappointed but probably shows he was still upset about us trying to maximise his departure but shows a massive lack of respect towards LCFC and it's fans.

Wouldn't be hugely surprised if he didnt, after what happened in Jan

1 minute ago, davieG said:

I suspect there'll be something tomorrow.

Standard stuff to eulogise about your new club when you sign to keep fans 'on message'

Tomorrow we'll most likely get a mention.

Hands down the most skilful and exciting player I've seen in a Leicester team (and to be honest in nearly any Prem team)

1 minute ago, Pete from the USA said:

I am really impressed with all the classy well wishes and thanking of Mahrez for the great years.

Personally, I think he's a self-absorbed, narcissistic jerk. I hope he warms the bench at Man City for a season and gets traded to a club in Mexico. 

We're all entitled to our opinion.

Do you have a therapist though?

Just now, Pete from the USA said:

I am really impressed with all the classy well wishes and thanking of Mahrez for the great years.

Personally, I think he's a self-absorbed, narcissistic jerk. I hope he warms the bench at Man City for a season and gets traded to a club in Mexico. 

He is a self absorbed, narcissistic jerk who happened to be a protagonist in the greatest achievement ever likely to happen to our club. And we were the lucky ones to witness it.

Wish him good luck at Man City except against us.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

I suspect there'll be something tomorrow.

Standard stuff to eulogise about your new club when you sign to keep fans 'on message'

Tomorrow we'll most likely get a mention.

Like when your Mum used to force you to write a half-arsed thank you letter to your Gran for the £15 cheque she sent for your birthday.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

24 minutes ago, Pete from the USA said:

He will take Sterling’s place with ease! I hate the way he treated us but you can’t deny he’s an amazing player who will only get better under Pep and not having to track back lol 

Edited by chapero82
  • Like 1