Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dorsetboy

KANTE,DRINKY AND MAHREZ

14 hours ago, lgfualol said:

We committed daylight robbery with that Drinkwater deal

I dont know why the bought him.

I dont know why he went

Maybe he has been unjured???.

I just watched an england team fail to make any chances coz no one in midfield could pick a pass.  Drinky can do this and he is english....he would have been in the squad but for his purdah with chelski. 

All players should be careful what they wish for

32 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

We got ripped off for both Kante and Mahrez personally. Kante was at least worth £45m at that current time in the market and Mahrez is worth £80m, considering, Coutinho, with inferior stats went for £130m.

Kanté had a release clause and Mahrez wanted to leave since forever. What do you suggest we should have done?

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

We got ripped off for both Kante and Mahrez personally. Kante was at least worth £45m at that current time in the market and Mahrez is worth £80m, considering, Coutinho, with inferior stats went for £130m.

So Mahrez was such a steel at what we got for him not one single other club had shown any interest. So I’m intrigued to know how would you have a managed to get it done at 80 m ?

20 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Leicester should of offered more weekly for Kante than Chelsea and kept him for one more season And gone for quality over quantity in signings that summer! 

He didn't just leave for money, he left to win trophies. He would never have stayed here and with him having a release clause our hands were tied and we couldn't keep hold of him like we did with Mahrez. Like others have said, we got caught out with Kante and i doubt the club will allow that to happen again. Hopefully release clauses will be a thing of the past, which may mean we miss out on a few signings going forward, but pointless signing a player to end up selling them a year later if they turn out to be a worldy like Kante.

Great business you might think but look at the woeful purchases. Any Club if it wants to remain solvent needs those sorts of sales to offset the expenditures of Slimani and the likes. Had Leicester City been able to remain in the top 4 after 2016 it's highly unlikely that the 3 named would have moved on.

52 minutes ago, Koke said:

Slim £29m

Musa £16m

Mendy £12m

That's nearly £60m wasted there. Hopefully our new additions this summer have more success.

I was going to say.  This thread patting the club on the back is incomplete without referencing the above and provisionally adding the following players to the list.

Iborra £12m

Silva £24m

Iheanacho £25m

6 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

I was going to say.  This thread patting the club on the back is incomplete without referencing the above and provisionally adding the following players to the list.

Iborra £12m

Silva £24m

Iheanacho £25m

When Iborra replaced King our form changed massivly tbf, we'd have lost pretty much every midfield battle if King was starting and been near the bottom of the table come January. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, That_Dude said:

Kanté had a release clause and Mahrez wanted to leave since forever. What do you suggest we should have done?

7 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

So Mahrez was such a steel at what we got for him not one single other club had shown any interest. So I’m intrigued to know how would you have a managed to get it done at 80 m ?

I'm not saying the club could've done much more but put it this way, Man City and more so Chelsea got the better end of the stick when it comes to Mahrez and Kanté.

20 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Without the release clause, Kante might not have signed and we wouldn't have won the ieague. Just need to forget about that one. 

Also Mahrez is only worth what people want to pay. Nobody wanted to pay £80m, so that means you can't sell him for that fee.