Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

Post Match - England 1 - Croatia 2 (AET)

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

Sorry but they were right. That game was England’s for the taking at half time. But we sat back and the goal inevitably followed.

They were not right.

Yes we had our chances, but Croatia were much the better side after half time.

Not terrible, not weak, nothing like the pundits were saying.

This kind of pundit shitegobbery gives the people around me up here who want to have a dig ample ammunition.

I will always rail against ill informed pundits.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kendal Fox said:

Well done Croatia.

Just to digress but I got told to fvck off by several posters for saying it, but Vardy should have been subbed on whilst there was still time for him to make a difference.

Hes' bound to be gutted, not just because England are out, but on a personal level that he wasn't given a chance...

Very disappointed but also puzzled to say the least...

I thought you were told to fvck off for making a post with “ad hominem” in it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Its sad to say after he missed that chance, Kane went missing, the time he was needed he didn't step up

The most meaningless golden boot winner. And I'm not gloating, but 4 of his goals would'nt have happened had it not been for VAR.

Lineker and Shearer still the more meaningful scorers for England.

Croatia did their homework on us, and our refusal to change things up and adapt to the opponent put us at a disadvantage. 

Fair play to Croatia, they were class after the break and really targeted our weaknesses. 

Overall the lads have had a great tournament and can hold their heads high. 

Edited by ian_marshall

We had no midfield. Asking Dele Alli/Lingard to rotate slotting into that second CM role alongside Henderson was going to get found out eventually. Henderson has done superb to hold the midfield together this tournament, but when Dier came on we lost the midfield battle. 

Neville got it spot on, we’re probably only short of a CM next to Henderson who can create from the middle and pick out a defence splitting pass. 

Just now, Col city fan said:

It wasn’t there for the taking at half time. 

It should have been OVER by half time.

We didn’t have the conviction to finish them off and that’s such a shame.

That's what Raheem contributes.

Loads of pace but not a ****ing ounce of a football brain.

He's footballs Forrest Gump running with the flailing arms of a T.Rex.

RUN RAHEEM RUN.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Well played Croatia.

Great tournament England.

Never let ITV show another England game again.

And those pundits, saying Croatia were shite at half time, you know nothing wazzocks.

How annoying was that, it just makes me think that Croatia were going to win it, we have an amazing ability to put our foot firmly in our mouths. 

Totally deserved by Croatia.

We still look void of real intelligence and unable to keep the ball in crucial times, it all seems like the same old problems.

But its great to finally get further in a major competition...thanks mainly to a great draw lets be honest but hey I'll take an easy draw every time.

Hope Croatia win the final but I can't see that happening.

I'm absolutely gutted. But so proud. Should've been out of sight by halftime. Gave them a chance to get back into it. Both goals very easily avoidable too. At least we can finally be proud of our team again. Don't see how people are waxing lyrical over Croatia. They weren't as good as people were making out. 

Alli, Lingard, Kane, all undroppable for some reason and it hurt us. Alli in particular has been rubbish all tournament. Kane should have passed to sterling and we'd be 2 up.

Have wasted Vardy at the world cup and that chance has gone.

Little decisions went against us often. Croatia showed their experience, but i think  they were poor through most of the game

This was a chance missed. Should be pleased with semis, but doesnt feel good atm. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

A point I've made about Kane a million times on here. That chance he misses in the first half followed by the follow up he misses. If he squares it to Sterling, even Raheem isn't missing that, 2-0, game over. The follow up, instead of trying to score from an impossible angle, look up, pick out a team mate with a clearer shot. It's small margins that decide games, It's a team game, use them. Selfishness doesn't win trophies.

His shot to goal ratio is pretty poor. If I recall correctly, Vardy’s the best in the league. Like you say those moments are the difference.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

A point I've made about Kane a million times on here. That chance he misses in the first half followed by the follow up he misses. If he squares it to Sterling, even Raheem isn't missing that, 2-0, game over. The follow up, instead of trying to score from an impossible angle, look up, pick out a team mate with a clearer shot. It's small margins that decide games, It's a team game, use them. Selfishness doesn't win trophies.

Kane is notoriously selfish in the Prem, 

Same deal tonight.

• Like 1

Kane should have scored. If he’s supposedly going to be better than Lineker then he should be scoring that. It’s a semi final ffs.

The three centre backs switch off for their winner. Poor defending.

Rakatic and Modric are class.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

I'm absolutely gutted. But so proud. Should've been out of sight by halftime. Gave them a chance to get back into it. Both goals very easily avoidable too. At least we can finally be proud of our team again. Don't see how people are waxing lyrical over Croatia. They weren't as good as people were making out. 

But good enough to easily beat us - is that what's making you proud?

• Like 1