Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Belgium vs. England - The race for 3rd spot (14th of July)

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I think anyone being honest would agree there was only one team ever going to win that game.

On our part, it was slow, turgid rubbish if truth be told.

I didn't watch it but who cares really we went out. Get on the plane and go home.

Would anyone want a 3rd place game in the FA cup. Would anyone even go.

Total joke game like most of the friendlies. Just more chance of players getting injured. And let's be honest no one wants to play it. Have we ever seen a great 3rd place game. Yes if we played Germany France or Scotland I may be up for it. The players maybe to.

3 hours ago, FIF said:

Sadly this is exactly how I see Southgate. We could and should have qualified for the final and had a chance to win it all if Southgate had replaced the players who were tired/out of form/shit during the competition.

I think we all are - or nearly all - I'm very happy we made the last 4. I didn't expect it and it was great for the country. As it is we should have made the final and we shouldn't just ignore that and our shortcomings because we exceeded expectations in how long we lasted. In the end we only beat Tunisia, Panama and Sweden in 90 minutes and Colombia on penalties. Is that really a great roll call?

Well he's better than Alli and Dier and they're regularly in the starting 11.

Not necessarily. It proves that there are good players in the the Spurs team (there best are undoubtedly playing for Denmark, Belgium and France imo) and a good manager and coaching. The fact they keep bottling good positions as a team though must be worrying.

Having said that Kane was great against the minnows in this world cup. Trippier was outstanding. Walker was good. Alli and Dire were dire and Rose was probably not fit. 

Ian?

But doesn't that kind of mirror Spurs pattern of the last 3 years in the league? They look great beating the crap sides 5 nil all the time, but when it comes to the matches that really matter against their top 6 rivals, they always come unstuck.

Perhaps the Spurs influence on England is not that great after all.

4 hours ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Got to break into Man City's team first which probably isn't going to happen

Unfortunately true! He'd need a loan move as I doubt they'll sell him under any circumstances. 

10 hours ago, sylofox said:

I didn't watch it but who cares really we went out. Get on the plane and go home.

Would anyone want a 3rd place game in the FA cup. Would anyone even go.

Total joke game like most of the friendlies. Just more chance of players getting injured. And let's be honest no one wants to play it. Have we ever seen a great 3rd place game. Yes if we played Germany France or Scotland I may be up for it. The players maybe to.

Last couple have been pretty good - Netherlands 3-0 Brazil in 2014, Germany 3-2 Uruguay in 2010.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Last couple have been pretty good - Netherlands 3-0 Brazil in 2014, Germany 3-2 Uruguay in 2010.

The scores suggest good games. But where the players on both sides going for it 100%. I don't tend to watch this game as like I said it's pointless. Imagine if Mags had broke his leg in it.

I would rather the players had got home and on holiday.