Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

France v Croatia - World Cup Final

Modric, Vrsljaiko and Lovren have all been crying about our media. Lovren even said he's one of the best defenders in the world lol

France to take Croatia to extra time again so they're all bleary eyed then a shithouse 120' minute winner so the ugly bastards all cry.

Why are people being salty about Croatia? Is it just bitterness? 

Other than Modric quite rightly pointing out that the English press are dicks and had been assuming England would get to the final since you lost to Belgium, I've not heard anything all that controversial. 

Even then, Modric is right and he's not attacking the English team or people, just your journalists which most England fans would agree are twats anyway. 

Your media basically gave Croatia their team talk for them in exactly the same way the swedes did to you. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Other than Modric quite rightly pointing out that the English press are dicks and had been assuming England would get to the final since you lost to Belgium, I've not heard anything all that controversial. 

Even then, Modric is right and he's not attacking the English team or people, just your journalists which most England fans would agree are twats anyway. 

Your media basically gave Croatia their team talk for them in exactly the same way the swedes did to you. 

Was thinking the exact same thing re: your last paragraph.

Vrsalijko said this:

‘The all-round perception was that this is a new-look England who have changed their ways of punting long balls upfield but when we pressed them it turned out that they haven’t,’ said Vrsaljko.

Which isn't true at all, you press any team in the world and they'll play more directly.

Modric:

"English journalists, pundits from television, they underestimated Croatia and that was a huge mistake," Real Madrid's Modric told ITV. "They should be more humble and respect more opponents.

"All these words from them we take, we were reading and we were saying, 'OK, today we will see who will be tired'."

Pundits getting ahead of themselves in sport, shocker.

Lovren:

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Bore off mate go lose the intertoto cup to Uruguay again you Wally 

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

All that is true but Lovren is a **** and a shit footballer. Plus France have more players that I like (Kante, Pogba, Umtiti & Griezmann) so I'd prefer them to win. Had the final been Croatia v Brazil or Argentina I'd definitely want Croatia to win.

I don't know a single Frenchman in real life so their gloating don't bother me.

3 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Vrsalijko said this:

‘The all-round perception was that this is a new-look England who have changed their ways of punting long balls upfield but when we pressed them it turned out that they haven’t,’ said Vrsaljko.

Which isn't true at all, you press any team in the world and they'll play more directly.

Modric:

"English journalists, pundits from television, they underestimated Croatia and that was a huge mistake," Real Madrid's Modric told ITV. "They should be more humble and respect more opponents.

"All these words from them we take, we were reading and we were saying, 'OK, today we will see who will be tired'."

Pundits getting ahead of themselves in sport, shocker.

Lovren:

Whats so disrespectful about saying they might be tired?  Anyone would hope that would have been a factor in our favour

The first half showed why many said we would win this game.  Wasnt just English people thinking that

Lovren with his smug face.  Ref gives him one of them yellows he deserves in the first half and he has a much more careful and less effective game.  For once he got away with being sub-par

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Arrogant from Lovren yeah but he's not saying anything about England particularly is he? 

No, but their demeanour has been a bit odd considering we've not done anything wrong besides some English pundits saying they might be tired after going to extra time twice, hardly an inflammatory remark.

15 minutes ago, Wookie said:

No, but their demeanour has been a bit odd considering we've not done anything wrong besides some English pundits saying they might be tired after going to extra time twice, hardly an inflammatory remark.

I would imagine the manager used the English press to motivate his squad and get them fired up. I don't think it's all that uncommon in sport. 

Deano and Johnno used to do it with Stuart Barnes quotes etc with the Tigers, we know our lot used Arsenal and their silly selfies as motivation. We talked the other day about how Sweden bigging themselves up and putting England down would backfire. 

Don't really think any of those Croatian lads have any strong feelings about England, just pumped up in the heat of the moment and that's obviously how their gaffer got them going. 

Imagine being N'golo Kante what a story! 2 premier league titles in 3 years and now a world cup final. The man isn't human surely, its a good job he is so level headed or I think his head would be bigger than Harry's! The closest you can get to a world class DM at the minute.

So just for that and wanting to see Lovren cry his eyes out I am backing France!

59 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Modric playing for a reduced/suspended jail sentence with his ongoing court case? No way they'd bang up the inspirational World Cup winning midfielder, if he's not already played his way into freedom already...

Lovren as well on that score. 

15 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Modric playing for a reduced/suspended jail sentence with his ongoing court case? No way they'd bang up the inspirational World Cup winning midfielder, if he's not already played his way into freedom already...

Sounds like a right old mess from what I have read but you are right - he won't get much more than a suspended sentence.

To give some balance the BBC did call Modric the best midfielder in the world so it wasn't all arrogant and cocky stuff from our media.