Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Miquel The Work Geordie

The Best Song You've Ever Seen Live

Self explanatory, really. I know people won't just have one - just keen to know if anyone has any particular moments where they've gone OH YES. I've got a handful

Arctics - A Certain Romance - Don Valley, Sheff, 2011:

Still their last live performance of this if I remember right, a genuinely ridiculous gig not long after they released Suck It and See. Easily my top because no one expected it. 

The Strokes - Under Cover of Darkness - Benicassim, July 2011:

They've got better songs but this was ridiculous at Beni

Jamie T - Back in the Game - Nottingham November 2014:

A joke after he'd disappeared for five years

Swim Deep - Honey - Leadmill Sheffield - October 2015

Underrated band and this is an absolute banger

Spector - All the Sad Young Men - Leicester May 2016:

These were a tenner the day before Kasabian and they were better than Kasabian

The xx - Angels - Nottingham - March 2017:

Had me going

Friendly Fires - Paris - Leeds - March 2018:

See above

Off the top of my head where I've nearly thought fucjing hell I'm ready to crawl into a ball and weep

• Like 2

Greenday 2017 - King For A Day - Billy Jo is an amazing performer and they just throw everything at this song, pure simple rocknroll.

McCartney/Wings 1993(?) - Live and Let Die  - Was about 10 rows back and the heat and shock wave from the explosions after a night of seeing a true genius will never be forgotten.

Kiss 1979(?) - Rock and Roll Allnight. As a 16 year old the Kiss live show was unforgettable,  One of my first concerts and i even got some of Gene's spat "blood" on my arm :)

Beseme Mucho - Dan Sartain - before a Kooks gig in Nottingham. Outstanding cover

American Idiot - Green Day - secret Reading set in 2012. I ran 2 miles in wellies to be there just as they started closing the entrances. Made it to the front of the tent somehow. Unreal.

Everybody Get Up - 5ive - Graft of my life at this gig. Paid off royally. Took the missus home afterwards been together for nearly 4 years now.

One - U2 - didn't mean as much to me at the time as it does now in hindsight.

genesis - justice @ leeds 2011 

bloody joint this. about 5 minutes of silence as an intro then bang. couldn’t feel my legs. 

spanish sahara - foals 2013 

sunday afternoon, main stage, sun was setting, spanish sahara is one of the best songs of all time. could’ve cried my eyes out from start to finish. 

humble - kendrick lamar @ amsterdam 2018

whole gig was superb, first song of his encore and he played it about 12 times in a row and i bloody loved it. 

could well be something bare obvious that i’ve forgotten. 

15 minutes ago, General Smuts said:

American Idiot - Green Day - secret Reading set in 2012. I ran 2 miles in wellies to be there just as they started closing the entrances. Made it to the front of the tent somehow. Unreal.

Scenes! I had heard the rumour they were playing the day before and dragged my hungover carcass to that tent first thing. Welcome to Paradise at 10:30am :D 

• Like 1

Libertines - Time for Heroes - Bennicassim. An otherwise pretty dreadful set from one of my favourite bands of all time, but a fantastic song.  

Morrissey - How Soon is Now - Alexandra Palace. The man is a prized moron nowadays, but to hear his vocals on one of my favourite tracks of all time was incredible. Similar circumstances, I went to watch the Happy Mondays in Camden a couple of years ago and the entire venue started singing This Charming Man when it was played pre-gig. 

• Like 2

Linkin Park - Numb - part of my first gig I went to, Projekt Revolution, at MK Bowl in 2008. 60,000+ singing in unison one of their best songs.

30 Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens - getting up on stage with the band at O2 Arena with about 40 other people, singing the end of the song with them and the band; never thought I'd ever do that.

Twin Atlantic - Free - Much smaller gig, still great atmosphere at Roundhouse in London.

Muse - pretty much their whole set at Wembley in 2009. Ridiculous show as well as their songs. Plug In Baby stands out though.

So many but off the top of my head.

Pearl Jam - Wembley 2008 - Long Road - been a shit year and it was finally over by the time I saw PJ and just the first few notes of their first song was emotional

Bruce Springsteen - o2 2007 - Racing In The street - Great version of one of my favourites.

Prince - Birmingham 2014- Purple rain - enough said

Paul Simon - Nottingham 2016 - The Boxer - Truly amazing songwriter singing a classic

Morrissey - How soon is Now - Brum 2018 - just a classic from my youth

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Scenes! I had heard the rumour they were playing the day before and dragged my hungover carcass to that tent first thing. Welcome to Paradise at 10:30am :D 

There's a photo of me afterwards in pieces. Drenched in sweat and booze so early in the morning. Sunburnt and shattered. Bruised and broken and so ****ing happy it should've been illegal. And I'd just broken up with my missus of 6 years and had to share a tent with her the night before. Beyond scenes.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

2006 - Jose Gonzalez, Heartbeats - On an overcast day at Summer Sundae. 

This was almost on my list in fairness. Jim Beam and coke in both hands, pretty girl sat next to me who's sister I'd already smashed. This was special.

Jamie T's acoustic Sheila at this same festival was cruelly left off my list. Unreal.

• Like 1

Watch The Throne - N*****s In Paris (London O2, they repeated this around 10 times and each time was a madness)

Nas - The World Is Yours

Jay Electronica - Exhibit C (this was on the Deviation stage at Outlook festival and I ended up on stage with him with my arm around him along with half of the crowd, they tried to shut the performance down at this point but he carries on acapella) 

Mo's Def also at Outlook festival. The sun was setting at it was on the stage next to the harbour, unreal being off my tits on MDMA being in this kind of setting 

Also saw The Wailers in Pula Ampitheatre which was once in a lifetime stuff 

Rock Music - Pixies at DMH 1990 with Joey Santiago really extending the guitar riff, thrashing his guitar, but with a strobe behind him making it look like he was moving really slow. Jaw dropping.

Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives twice. The whole band just stops stock still as the bass riff continues for what seems like ages and all come back in together in perfect synchronization. Simple, but it looks and sounds great.

The Pit - Public Service Broadcasting a couple of months ago at DMH. Drumbeat in perfect timing to the visuals of miners hammering at the coal face. Mind blown!

Meadowlarks - Fleet Foxes at Rock City. Simply beautiful.

Dropkick Murphys - The State of Massachusetts

Best opening song to any gig I've ever been to. Crowd went absolutely crazy

Foo Fighters - My Hero

Not usually a fan of audience participation during songs -i go to hear the band's, not thousands of drunk fans thinking they can sing, but being one of 80,000 fans belting out this song is pretty special

Also pretty much any song Madness play live!

12 hours ago, Line-X said:

I was at the 02 last Tuesday which was rescheduled from June. I never understood why people watch concerts through their phones, but I made an exception for Even Flow to record McCready's solo and I'm captured on the multi-cam. Taken - high on the left of the arena from an audience perspective. 

So - to answer the OP.

1/ The Smiths: "I Know it's Over" GMex Manchester (1986)

2/ Pink Floyd "Comfortably Numb" Earls Court (1981)

3/ RHCP "Sir Psycho Sexy" Brixton Academy (1990)

4/ The Dead Kennedys "Let's Lynch the Landlord" Leicester Uni (1982) 

5/ Pearl Jam "Black" Milton Keynes (2014)

6/ Jeff Buckley "Grace" Queen Elizabeth Hall London (1995)

7/ The Who "5.15" Hyde Park (1996_

8/ Japan "Ghosts" Japan London Drury Lane Theatre (1981)

9/ The Clash "Complete Control" Leicester DeMontfort Hall (1982)

10/ Stiff Little Fingers "Wasted Life" Leicester DeMontfort Hall (1979)

11/ The Stranglers "No More Heroes" Reading Festival (1987)

12 The Cure "From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea" Finsbury Park London (1993)

13/ AC/DC "Highway to Hell" Donington Monsters of Rock (1981)

14/ Rush "La Villa Strangiato" Bingley Hall, Stafford (1981)  

15/ David Bowie "Changes" Milton Keynes Bowl (1990)

16/ Sigur Rós "Popplagio" Manchester Apollo (2013)

17/ U2 "A Sort of Homecoming" Milton Keynes Bowl (1985)

18/ The Pogues "Dirty Old Town" London, Battersea Park (1985)

19/ Faith No More "From Out of Nowhere" Brixton Academy (1990)

20/ The Smiths "The Queen is Dead" London, Brixton Academy (1986)

what a ****ing band.

And what a great list you made.

Saw a similar solo when I saw them at the M.E.N, 2nd row right near the stage a solo behind his head...what a guitar player.

Edited by purpleronnie

Brian Wilson - Catch a wave Paris 2007

Blur - The Universal London Hyde Park 2009

The Shins - New Slang Paris 2007

The Libertines -Don't look back into the sun London Hyde Park 2014

Peter Doherty - Time For Heroes Paris 2009

Gorillaz - On melancholy hill Paris 2017

Teenage Fanclub - don't look back Bordeaux 2017

Jamie T - Shelia Benicassim 2007

Arctic Monkeys - A certain romance Nantes 2006

Daniel Darc - Environ Paris 2008

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Max Wall said:

AC/DC - Hells Bells - Donnington  1981

Slade - Come on feel the Noise - Donnington 1981

Eric Clapton - Bad Love - Royal Albert Hall 1990

Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - Wembley 1996?

The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again - SECC Glasgow 2002

David Bowie - Queen Bitch - Ingliston, Edinburgh 1990

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird - Glasgow 1990

Bob Dylan - Positively 4th Street - Glasgow SECC,  1996

U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday - Cardiff Millennium 2005?

Oasis - Cigarettes & Alcohol - Earls court 1996ish

Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing, Aberdeen Capitol - 1979

INXS _ Never Tear Us Apart - Aberdeen , AECC 90's sometime

Scorpions - Rock You like a Hurricane - Knebworth 1985 I think.

Rush - Spirit of the Radio - Madison Square Gardens, New York 1991

Robert Plant - Whole Lotta Love - Ashton Court Festival, Bristol 2003

Tracy Chapman - Talkin' about a revolution - Colston Hall, Bristol 2005

Radiohead - The bends - Aberdeen Capitol, 1998

Wow, some list that! I'd love to see 'Whole Lotta Love' live - what a guitar riff that is!

• Like 1