Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Less than a month till the transfer window shuts!

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

Musa, Slimani and two of James, King and Mendy's wages need to be cleared. We've got the 7th highest wage bill in the league and there's no way we can sustain that.

Why not? I thought Leicester considered themselves a Top 8 club with very rich owners. Apart from Everton and the top 6, who should have the highest wage bill?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

After a quick start in the transfer window, we've suddenly slipped off the pace.

As others have said, maybe the World Cup has been a little distraction but we need to move ASAP to get a few more deals done.

For me we need the following:

Another keeper that's happy to play second fiddle to Kasper

Centre back as we only have Evans, Maguire and Wes (Not counting benny as think he'll be gone plus not good enough)

Replacement for Riyad, whoever that may be!

Possibly a centre mid for me to compete with Iborra, Silva and Wilf. King, James and Mendy should be sold and Hamza needs a loan

I'd also sell Kaputska, Elder, Slimani, Musa, Ulloa and Amartey

I think we've done excellent business so far.

Everyone has been crying out for a proper No10, right back and centre back and we've moved quickly to replace all three positions with what looks like on paper not just an upgrade but huge upgrades.

Pereira rated 10th best right back in the world by 442 magazine.

Evans was chased by Arsenal and Man City less than a year a go with a £30m price tag.

Maddison a 21 year old Englishman and one of the top three players in the Championship who had been linked to Liverpool, Man City and Tottenham.

I know Chilwell isn't everyone's cup of tea but I'm delighted he's been given the chance to improve and develop as the first choice left back. Our team as it stands looks fantastic on paper and maybe we're one or possibly two players in the attacking three behind Vardy. Looking at the side though were is the weak link in this team so far?

Vardy

?????  Maddison  ?????

Silva Ndidi

Chilwell Maguire Evans Pereira

Schmeichel

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Is your post necessary? :P

rollocks. Who are you dropping for these 3 players?

Depends on formation naturally. Gray isn’t good enough to start, Morgan shouldn’t be on the bench and we’ll need to replace king, James and all the other sub standard players in midfield.

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

I think we've done excellent business so far.

Everyone has been crying out for a proper No10, right back and centre back and we've moved quickly to replace all three positions with what looks like on paper not just an upgrade but huge upgrades.

Pereira rated 10th best right back in the world by 442 magazine.

Evans was chased by Arsenal and Man City less than a year a go with a £30m price tag.

Maddison a 21 year old Englishman and one of the top three players in the Championship who had been linked to Liverpool, Man City and Tottenham.

I know Chilwell isn't everyone's cup of tea but I'm delighted he's been given the chance to improve and develop as the first choice left back. Our team as it stands looks fantastic on paper and maybe we're one or possibly two players in the attacking three behind Vardy. Looking at the side though were is the weak link in this team so far?

Vardy

?????  Maddison  ?????

Silva Ndidi

Schmeichel

Who’s going on the wings?

1 minute ago, Finley Parsons said:

Who’s going on the wings?

We'll probably get one more new signing.

Also we have Albrighton, Gray and Diabate. If we push Maddison out wide we have Iheanacho and Okazaki who can play No10.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Look at it another way, were we only 3 players short last season of a team good enough to challenge for top 6? Baring in mind we've just a player who scored or created 25 goals. Defensively we were dog shit last season and we've brought in 2 new players but one of them may we'll have to sit on the bench if Puel doesn't dare drop Morgan. Maddison is a superb signing, both he and Pereira ought to improve some of our weakness but I'm concerned in central midfield where we have so many mediocre players, we need to ship at least 3 of them out and would love a better player to partner Ndidi. Can't say I'm happy with Gray, Albrighton and Diabate as our only wingers, there's teams in the Championship with a better selection than that.

I understand what you're saying and I agree 100% that our achilles heel was the defense last season. So we've brought in a top CB and a top RB (and we have some great young CBs coming through). We also had problems defensively because the people in front of them didn't help them enough. Ndidi is only getting better and I still believe that Iborra, Silva and Choudhury have the class to help our defence. In fact I like the midfield. Mahrez leaving is a plus defensively and he's being replaced as an attacking threat by Maddison. 

I think playing 2 "wingers" is not the way forward - they don't help defensively so the move to attacking wing backs could mean we push at least one of those midfielders into a more central role, stiffening the team. I know you don't think Gray, Albrighton and Diabaté are up to it but Albrighton always puts the effort in and so bolsters us defensively and Gray and Diabaté are young and sure to improve - Gray is already an England U21 international and Diabaté looked tricky going forward in his first taste of British let alone Prem football. We also have other youngsters on the edge of breaking through.

I really don't see how we can need 3 players for the first 11. one maybe.

2 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Why not? I thought Leicester considered themselves a Top 8 club with very rich owners. Apart from Everton and the top 6, who should have the highest wage bill?

Of course we can support the wages but it would make sense to offload the high earners who are not getting playing time, so Musa, ulloa, King, possibly Slim can go.

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Depends on formation naturally. Gray isn’t good enough to start, Morgan shouldn’t be on the bench and we’ll need to replace king, James and all the other sub standard players in midfield.

Only Morgan of the players that you've mentioned was a starter last season. We've already brought in Evans to replace him - Evans is a top Prem CB. Gray wasn't a starter and I think we've brought Maddison in to replace the departed Mahrez. King and James were not even with the team, let alone on the bench most of the season. they are perhaps 7th and 8th or ower on the midfield list.

So I'm still not sure which 3 players in our potential starting eleven at this moment you would replace.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I understand what you're saying and I agree 100% that our achilles heel was the defense last season. So we've brought in a top CB and a top RB (and we have some great young CBs coming through). We also had problems defensively because the people in front of them didn't help them enough. Ndidi is only getting better and I still believe that Iborra, Silva and Choudhury have the class to help our defence. In fact I like the midfield. Mahrez leaving is a plus defensively and he's being replaced as an attacking threat by Maddison. 

I think playing 2 "wingers" is not the way forward - they don't help defensively so the move to attacking wing backs could mean we push at least one of those midfielders into a more central role, stiffening the team. I know you don't think Gray, Albrighton and Diabaté are up to it but Albrighton always puts the effort in and so bolsters us defensively and Gray and Diabaté are young and sure to improve - Gray is already an England U21 international and Diabaté looked tricky going forward in his first taste of British let alone Prem football. We also have other youngsters on the edge of breaking through.

I really don't see how we can need 3 players for the first 11. one maybe.

Of course we can support the wages but it would make sense to offload the high earners who are not getting playing time, so Musa, ulloa, King, possibly Slim can go.

Only Morgan of the players that you've mentioned was a starter last season. We've already brought in Evans to replace him - Evans is a top Prem CB. Gray wasn't a starter and I think we've brought Maddison in to replace the departed Mahrez. King and James were not even with the team, let alone on the bench most of the season. they are perhaps 7th and 8th or ower on the midfield list.

So I'm still not sure which 3 players in our potential starting eleven at this moment you would replace.

Maddison isn’t a right winger is he? 

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

We'll probably get one more new signing.

Also we have Albrighton, Gray and Diabate. If we push Maddison out wide we have Iheanacho and Okazaki who can play No10.

Pushing Maddison out wide is my greatest fear. He can do a job but surely we need him in a central role.

• Like 1

I'm worried we'll line up like this to include Maddison and Nacho if we don't sign another starting right sided winger.

.....................Vardy

..........Gray  Nacho  Maddison  

...............Silva Ndidi

..............Schmeichel

5 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Pushing Maddison out wide is my greatest fear. He can do a job but surely we need him in a central role.

I don't think he'll be a right winger hugging the touchline. At some points though especially when we're chasing a goal we'll probably bring in Iheanacho to play No10 and put Maddison on the right. Even then he won't be that wide as he'll still be narrow with Pereira expected to provide a lot of the width.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

I don't think he'll be a right winger hugging the touchline. At some points though especially when we're chasing a goal we'll probably bring in Iheanacho to play No10 and put Maddison on the right. Even then he won't be that wide as he'll still be narrow with Pereira expected to provide a lot of the width.

Hmm I get it, but round pegs and square holes and all that... The Hull fans all said he was wasted in a wider position.

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Hmm I get it, but round pegs and square holes and all that... The Hull fans all said he was wasted in a wider position.

I don't really care about the Hull fans opinion of Maddison, I'd be more concerned what the Norwich fans thought. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Why do you think that?

Aspiring to be and considering ourselves to be are two different things.  

what is annoying me at present is that every other day we seem to be after a different center half, if by this time in the window they dont know who they want, chances are we will get MR NOBODY. we really need 3-4 more class players, but since we dont seem to be off loading the deadwood how the hell can we sign more players.

1 hour ago, bpfox said:

what is annoying me at present is that every other day we seem to be after a different center half, if by this time in the window they dont know who they want, chances are we will get MR NOBODY. we really need 3-4 more class players, but since we dont seem to be off loading the deadwood how the hell can we sign more players.

We need another Centre back, creative centre mid (No.8), Left back, a replacement for & potentially a new striker imo.