Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Danny Ward - 12 Million

God knows what I make of this.  Would hate to see Kasper leave but if I was forced to lose one of our first team players he would not be the worst option to move on, in the sense that he is replaceable.  Don't know much about Ward other than he was pretty OK for Huddersfield but 25 is young for a 'keeper and I suppose 12m is the new 4m?  Lord knows.  As a second keeper pushing for a start he certainly seems a good option and might keep Kasper on his toes.  I suppose we are heading towards being MASSIVE so let's spunk 12m on a back up 'keeper and move on.  X

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

To be fair to Kasper, that's about the only serious one he's ever made. Also it was my last away game, I gave up because I was sure I was cursed as I'd not seen us win away for about 7 sodding years.

I rate Kasper but he went on bloody holiday for Pedro's goal in the FA Cup.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, AjcW said:

lol There's that ****ing ego again. I knew I was right about him.

I'll leave it as thanks for the effort but if you don't like working under someone who doesn't want player in charge then **** off. 

Kasper does have a massive ego, but I'm sure half the senior Southampton players publicly said the same thing about Puel last season... in which case, part of this 'unrest' has to come down to Puel

10 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Puel thought he was unfit towards the end of last season. Simpson would've been out too but there were no real alternatives there.

Well he was right about both lol

Both developed a bit of tire by the end of May.

£12m for Liverpool's fourth-choice goalkeeper is a hefty amount of money (not that we have to dish it out as fans, but still...).

All I remember is him helping Huddersfield gain promotion thanks to that penalty shootout win against Sheffield Wednesday.

At age 25, just the right age to push for No.1 spot - still don't know what to make of it with regards to Kasper's future. Will he want to stay? Or is this a sign of him somewhat being forced out of the club due to personal frictions between him and Puel?

If the right offer came in, I can see the owners selling.

Still, it'd make for a bit depressing reading, realizing that our title-winning squad is slowly, but steadily being dismantled/evaporating...

Kasper had his worst season for us last year and the keeper is nearly always the most replaceable player in the squad unless you've got someone genuinely world class. 

Whoever we have between the sticks is going to have Stowell tell them to flap at any ball in the air and never come off his line to get the ball mind. 

We seem to be spending big money on inexperienced players.  It's one thing spending 5m on a potentially decent player or big money on a potential superstar, but 10-12m on Ward and 20m on Maddison, both players with only one good season on their cv.

It puts a floor under valuations when we're looking to negotiate with other clubs for future transfers.

Take a look around the league on August 10th and tell me how many (excluding free) transfers were below £10m

Stop ****ing worrying about transfer fees, jesus! This is 2018 going into 2019... this is how it is now. End of. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

We seem to be spending big money on inexperienced players.  It's one thing spending 5m on a potentially decent player or big money on a potential superstar, but 10-12m on Ward and 20m on Maddison, both players with only one good season on their cv.

It puts a floor under valuations when we're looking to negotiate with other clubs for future transfers.

Maddison is highly rated by everyone that has seen him play.

8 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Maddison is highly rated by everyone that has seen him play.

I appreciate this, and I'm being a bit harsh on him, but he does only have one good season on his CV (although it was a very very good season).

I'm just concerned that we seem to be over paying at the moment for a lot of our signings. Last season as well with 12m on Iborra and 24m on Silva