Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Danny Ward - 12 Million

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/danny-ward-kasper-schmeichel-transfer-1803358

Very good explanation I feel on the Ward / Schmeichel situation. We offered Hamer a new contract, so very clear that we want to have 3 first team keepers. Ward is coming in to put it back up to having 3.

If Schmeichel was to end up leaving, it would be very probable we would end up going for another keeper again to get back up to the 3, but this time it would be for a more suitable replacement for Schmeichel, someone with top level experience unlike Ward, so probably along the lines of Butland or trying to get one of Pope/Heaton.

Also need to remember that it is highly unlikely it will be £10/£12 million straight up. More likely to be between £5 - £7 Million with add ons, which for a backup player, can be seen as a pretty normal fee.

Klopp very much considered this new season giving Ward a really good chance to showcase himself and fight for 1st choice, before they moved for Allisson, so they definitely at least saw something in him that impressed them.

56 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

I would say Kasper is comfortably better than both Karius and Mignolet. 

if he got the MOTD or Sky Sports focus the 2 Liverpool keepers get people would very quickly change their mind, people forget now how well thought of Mignolet was at Sunderland

15 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

I beg to differ, Kasper has been responsible for some of the most horrific goalkeeping I’ve witnessed at the KP. He’s an average keeper who occasionally pulls off a decent save. 

I’d agree only there’s no actual evidence to support you. These are the stats for the last  four seasons showing errors leading to goals

9FC66343-7959-4A5F-A467-6E93E57BD9D0.thumb.png.80f27c0de88f36a2dead9a767f412eed.png96BE67EC-FA41-42C6-942F-C935D58EB187.thumb.png.caad15e8ce95623d48f2a2362a5352e5.png55CF1DBA-EE53-499F-981D-38DE1D68FE19.thumb.png.e2c5467f16b408248be1a49676a84515.pngE66D2993-4B31-41F9-9BC0-781F3314D222.thumb.png.d0805d1db484afbb0bd8c369d5b19c9c.png886DBC6E-055A-46BE-AA65-F6797AC1FE4B.thumb.png.28d48cf661e8ffc8ef0be41345270e15.png57A257CB-A912-4DEC-959D-23AEC393C549.thumb.png.f9a570756b63d3a93354b39992914ca4.png1E41B887-7F83-4984-83F4-565D0359D82C.thumb.png.f82d2dd37a031360e6996e4dabecf416.png

Edited by fleckneymike

13 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

I beg to differ, Kasper has been responsible for some of the most horrific goalkeeping I’ve witnessed at the KP. He’s an average keeper who occasionally pulls off a decent save. 

How many keepers have we actually had play at the KP?

12 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

I’m sorry but how old are you? Eight? Ten?

He’s by a distance the best goalkeeper we’ve had since Shilton. And yes, I berate his wall set up/positioning from direct free kicks and acknowledge we’ve had better at defending crosses and corners. He’s not perfect, but nor was Shilton.

• Like 2

Just now, MPH said:

since 2003? plenty, the likes of Rab the Brickie, Pieman Pressman & Paul Henderson to name but 3 truly poor keepers

Just now, Jimmy said:

since 2003? plenty, the likes of Rab the Brickie, Pieman Pressman & Paul Henderson to name but 3 truly poor keepers

And kasper is ranked as as bad as some of those? Haha lol

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Huddersfield did want to sign him, Liverpool turned them down. Also, you've said he did ok for them to suit your annoyance at this. Do you have evidence he was only ok? They got promoted and he was a wall in their two semi final games and the final. They had a weird goal difference that season but the general consensus was that he was superb for them and they wanted him to sign permanently.

I've just read the Huddersfield forum's reaction to our bid for Danny Ward. This post was quite worrying that we might think Ward is better than Hamer who they've just signed on a free. lol

I haven't seen much of Hamer but is he seriously not as good as Ward ?

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/106786/danny-ward-happy?page=5

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

There's a quiz question.

Schmeichel

Hamer

Jakupovic

Henderson

Weale

Ikeme

Nielsen

Fulop

Alnwick

Schwarzer
Walker

Pressman?

Douglas

There's a start.

Edited by Bryn

4 minutes ago, Bryn said:

There's a quiz question.

Schmeichel

Hamer

Jakupovic

Henderson

Weale

Ikeme

Nielsen

Fulop

Alnwick

Schwarzer
Walker

Pressman?

Douglas

There's a start.

Logan.

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

And kasper is ranked as as bad as some of those? Haha lol

wasn't me who said that, I am very critical of Kasper but he's by far and a way the best we had in my time as a fan, he just pisses me off when he doesn't learn some pretty simple positioning mistakes

1 minute ago, Bryn said:

There's a quiz question.

Schmeichel

Hamer

Jakupovic

Henderson

Weale

Ikeme

Nielsen

Fulop

Alnwick

Schwarzer
Walker

Pressman?

Douglas

There's a start.

Didn’t we have something like 6 play the season we were in division 1?

oh and the Arsenal reserve keeper that one season when it emerged we were paying his wages only it turned out the figure Arsenal quoted was intact at least 2k more a week than he earned. 

5 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

oh and the Arsenal reserve keeper that one season when it emerged we were paying his wages only it turned out the figure Arsenal quoted was intact at least 2k more a week than he earned. 

Taylor, think he's still about somewhere having played about twenty games during his career.

David Martin would've got a game in League One in all. And Tony Warner.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie