Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Danny Ward - 12 Million

8 minutes ago, Bryn said:

There's a quiz question.

Schmeichel

Hamer

Jakupovic

Henderson

Weale

Ikeme

Nielsen

Fulop

Alnwick

Schwarzer
Walker

Pressman?

Douglas

There's a start.

Darren Martin league one

Kasper has been a great keeper for us, in my time supporting city post the start of the 90’s, only Flowers and Keller have been anywhere near his level.

However that said I’ve always had a soft spot for the Cat, Kevin Poole.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I've just read the Huddersfield forum's reaction to our bid for Danny Ward. This post was quite worrying that we might think Ward is better than Hamer who they've just signed on a free. lol

I haven't seen much of Hamer but is he seriously not as good as Ward ?

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/106786/danny-ward-happy?page=5

"Rarely came for crosses even in the 6 yard box, backed out of 50 50 challenges with opponents clear on goal, mis-judged when and when not to leave his line.

He did however make a few absolutely outstanding reflex saves and will always be remembered for his contribution especially in the penalties."

Sounds like someone we know :ermm:

He sounds dogshit. Genuinely a little bit terrifying if this is with a view to Schmeichel leaving, and I don't even rate Schmeichel as high as some on here. I mostly just like the fact he's been our keeper for ages now and although he's got some massive flaws he's done a lot of very decent stuff with us.

19 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

Didn’t we have something like 6 play the season we were in division 1?

oh and the Arsenal reserve keeper that one season when it emerged we were paying his wages only it turned out the figure Arsenal quoted was intact at least 2k more a week than he earned. 

Henderson 

Warner 

Bunn

Martin

Stockdale

Logan 

1 minute ago, YesNdidi said:

Liverpool fans seem to rate him quite highly based on what I’ve seen 

Same most would have preferred him to stay and the other two donkeys to leave Karius and Mignolet, there also seem gutted he never got a chance of being no1 over those two clowns.

12 minutes ago, YesNdidi said:

Liverpool fans seem to rate him quite highly based on what I’ve seen 

He played about 2 games for them so it must be that universal syndrome where players get better in fans' eyes the less they play.

37 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I’m sorry but how old are you? Eight? Ten?

He’s by a distance the best goalkeeper we’ve had since Shilton. And yes, I berate his wall set up/positioning from direct free kicks and acknowledge we’ve had better at defending crosses and corners. He’s not perfect, but nor was Shilton.

I would place Mark Wallington and Kasey Keller as better goalies than Schmeichel since the days of Shilton....but wtf do I know.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I would place Mark Wallington and Kasey Keller as better goalies than Schmeichel since the days of Shilton....but wtf do I know.

You no doubt know loads of stuff that I don’t, but much as I loved Waller & Kasey, IMO Schmeichel’s better than both. By a distance!

I’m perfectly relaxed about people disagreeing with me!