Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Danny Ward - 12 Million

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

wasn't me who said that, I am very critical of Kasper but he's by far and a way the best we had in my time as a fan, he just pisses me off when he doesn't learn some pretty simple positioning mistakes

Oh I know!

8 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

hudders fan in work said he was laughing at the price when he thought it was 1 mill, let alone 10 mill. nice. 

to be fair he's from Yorkshire, he probably thinks 70p is too much for a can of coke

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

hudders fan in work said he was laughing at the price when he thought it was 1 mill, let alone 10 mill. nice. 

Well, he may not be laughing as much when they need to call on Hamer......

Edited by coolhandfox
Typo's
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

You no doubt know loads of stuff that I don’t, but much as I loved Waller & Kasey, IMO Schmeichel’s better than both. By a distance!

I’m perfectly relaxed about people disagreeing with me!

Actually, it's you that's disagreeing with me....but what the heck we're all entitled to our opinions, no matter how correct/incorrect we are :thumbup:

11 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Don’t think there is enough out there about this guy for us to really form an accurate opinion. So in the true spirit of Foxestalk - WTF, this guy is sh!t. 

A year a go he was playing regular for Huddersfield in the Championship and if you look on their forum they say he's a bang average Championship GK almost to a man. One was worried that their recent free signing Hamer might not be as good as him. It sickens me as the Liverpool fans are laughing at us and the Huddersfield fans think we're crazy. We've bought a Ben Hamer equivalent for £10m, we're absolute mugs. Here's some snippets of the Huddersfield fans opinions on us signing their ex loan player.  Read the whole thread here, it's not comfortable reading. http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/106786/danny-ward-happy

great bit of business by Klopp. he's got rid of some deadwood (probably harsh, but true nevertheless!) and it's paid for the Shaqiri transfer.

£10mill for a Goalie who's had one decent season at Championship level. Ok.

I wouldn't even say a decent season. Yes he absolutely shone in the Play-offs and in the build up to them, but for the majority of the season up to that point he was bang average.

Rarely came for crosses even in the 6 yard box, backed out of 50 50 challenges with opponents clear on goal, mis-judged when and when not to leave his line.

He did however make a few absolutely outstanding reflex saves and will always be remembered for his contribution especially in the penalties.10 million? nah

I read that as £12 million. Another season on the bench, nowhere near Kaspers level

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

A year a go he was playing regular for Huddersfield in the Championship and if you look on their forum they say he's a bang average Championship GK almost to a man. One was worried that their recent free signing Hamer might not be as good as him. It sickens me as the Liverpool fans are laughing at us and the Huddersfield fans think we're crazy. We've bought a Ben Hamer equivalent for £10m, we're absolute mugs. Here's some snippets of the Huddersfield fans opinions on us signing their ex loan player.  Read the whole thread here, it's not comfortable reading. http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/106786/danny-ward-happy

great bit of business by Klopp. he's got rid of some deadwood (probably harsh, but true nevertheless!) and it's paid for the Shaqiri transfer.

£10mill for a Goalie who's had one decent season at Championship level. Ok.

I wouldn't even say a decent season. Yes he absolutely shone in the Play-offs and in the build up to them, but for the majority of the season up to that point he was bang average.

Rarely came for crosses even in the 6 yard box, backed out of 50 50 challenges with opponents clear on goal, mis-judged when and when not to leave his line.

He did however make a few absolutely outstanding reflex saves and will always be remembered for his contribution especially in the penalties.10 million? nah

I read that as £12 million. Another season on the bench, nowhere near Kaspers level

Not good reading. 

I'm surprised that we couldn't have agreed a loan with view to permanent. There doesn't seem to be loads of club's beating down Liverpool's door for him.

Bit by bit that Mahrez transfer fee will be spent.  There goes £10m

I predict that we'll look at Mahrez and then look at what we have done with the money and weep.

This doesn't seem like a very good start.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

I find it amusing that our scouting team obviously rate him highly but a couple of knuckle draggers from Huddersfield say he is shite & we believe them. 

Those 'knuckle draggers' watched him every week.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

Not good reading. 

I'm surprised that we couldn't have agreed a loan with view to permanent. There doesn't seem to be loads of club's beating down Liverpool's door for him.

I'd love to hear our explanation for spending this kind of money on crap.

This looks like the Benalouane €8m transfer three years a go when there was just no logic to it. A player who at 27 had been transferred to Atalanta for €1m and was voted one of the worst players in Serie A for his one season (330th IIRC) and then outrageously sold to us for an 800% profit. 

I called the Benalouane one at the time but was told to give him a chance and this has exactly the same feel to it.

Maybe I underestimate us and we're doing this to get a better price on Kasper before moving on to Butland. It could be a case of Chelsea wanting to pay buttons and we're saying to them look at what £10m buys us. I doubt it though and heads should roll if this turns out exactly as expected.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I find it amusing that our scouting team obviously rate him highly but a couple of knuckle draggers from Huddersfield say he is shite & we believe them. 

What he s being scouted on reserve under. 23 games?

its not like they are disgruntled fans he was just on loan there, I don’t see why they would offer bias opinions 

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

I'd love to hear our explanation for spending this kind of money on crap.

This looks like the Benalouane €8m transfer three years a go when there was just no logic to it. A player who at 27 had been transferred to Atalanta for €1m and was voted one of the worst players in Serie A for his one season (330th IIRC) and then outrageously sold to us for an 800% profit. 

I called the Benalouane one at the time but was told to give him a chance and this has exactly the same feel to it.

Maybe I underestimate us and we're doing this to get a better price on Kasper before moving on to Butland. It could be a case of Chelsea wanting to pay buttons and we're saying to them look at what £10m buys us. I doubt it though and heads should roll if this turns out exactly as expected.

Hopefully we have lined up a buyer for our other turd keeper benchovic.

8m 

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

Those 'knuckle draggers' watched him every week.

Those "knuckle draggers" are bewildered by our valuation of him almost to a man as well.

Who gets this right? My money is squarely on the "knuckle draggers", we've seen enough players collectively between us lot to know bang average when we see it. I'm not a butcher but I know the difference between a chicken leg and a leg of lamb.