Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Danny Ward - 12 Million

5 minutes ago, Shane said:

If you’d never seen Schmeichel play and looked on our forum you’d think he was league one standard. 

Four years ago if you looked on Villa’s forum they thought Albrighton wasn’t great. If you looked on Inter’s forum they said Cambiasso was past it.

Two years ago Hannover fans said Zieler could take Kaspers spot. Sporting fans said we’ve got ourselves a bargain in Slimani and he’d complement Vardy perfectly. 

Get where I’m going with this? Opinions on fan forums mean f***kall, we should all know that seeing some of the drivel that gets posted on here daily! 

Have some faith in the scouts and recruitment staff, hopefully the lad Ward turns out good for us.

Referencing Zieler and Slimani, whilst asking us to have faith in the talent spotting skills of our scouts. Hmmmm :blink:

Edited by breadandcheese
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

Referencing two bad signings for us in Zieler and Slimani, whilst asking us to have faith in the scouts. Hmmmm :blink:

Tell me what club has a 100% success rate in scouting/recruiting. We’ve recently made some good signings in Ndidi, Maguire, Iborra, Evans, Maddison, Pereira and there’s still a chance Silva/Iheanacho will come good. They’ve shown they can get it right (Not all the time as you say), and i’d Rather have hope Ward is a success not a failure.  

We’re slating  this Ward lad without seeing him ever kick a ball, because of a few posts on Huddersfield forums lol. It’s silly.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

Where the hell has this £12m talk come from? All reputable source say £10m and most of them say it includes any possible bonuses 

Good signing if you ask me and good competition for Kasper. Also most Liverpool fans expected him to push for the first team before Allison signed 

Edited by Staffs Fox

6 minutes ago, Shane said:

Tell me what club has a 100% success rate in scouting/recruiting. We’ve recently made some good signings in Ndidi, Maguire, Iborra, Evans, Maddison, Pereira and there’s still a chance Silva/Iheanacho will come good. They’ve shown they can get it right (Not all the time as you say), and i’d Rather have hope Ward is a success not a failure.  

We’re slating  this Ward lad without seeing him ever kick a ball, because of a few posts on Huddersfield forums lol. It’s silly.

I can't disagree with what you've said. I'm just a bit fearful with the quality of our squad at this moment of time and think we may have a difficult season ahead. There's a lot of pressure on Maddison to perform because if he doesn't, then we're struggling to create in the final third.

The question to ask is if Kasper goes, do you have confidence in Ward as no 1? I'm not sure I do and I think there's better value for money out there.

Edit: I'm hoping and will be delighted to look a mug and be completely wrong.

Edited by breadandcheese

12 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Did he mention what he was like with the ball at his feet?

Just spoken to father in law and he said he likes to play the ball short to the centre backs because that's how Wagner likes to play.

14 minutes ago, Shane said:

If you’d never seen Schmeichel play and looked on our forum you’d think he was league one standard. 

Four years ago if you looked on Villa’s forum they thought Albrighton wasn’t great. If you looked on Inter’s forum they said Cambiasso was past it.

Two years ago Hannover fans said Zieler could take Kaspers spot. Sporting fans said we’ve got ourselves a bargain in Slimani and he’d complement Vardy perfectly. 

Get where I’m going with this? Opinions on fan forums mean f***kall, we should all know that seeing some of the drivel that gets posted on here daily! 

Have some faith in the scouts and recruitment staff, hopefully the lad Ward turns out good for us.

Another Ostrich, if it's bad reviews ignore it and if it's good reviews happy days.

I'm assessing him with the information I have at hand. The Liverpool fans are beaming at the price and the Huddersfield fans who seen him play 43 games think he is bang average for the Championship. The Wales boss has him behind Wayne Hennessey who is regarded as the worst GK in the PL. Klopp also had him as third choice behind Karius and Mingolet and took the first offer we made.

It appears the only club who value him at £10m is ours but we should just trust our scouts and recruitment team because it's not like they don't make many mistakes. I'll form my own opinion on the evidence in the paragraph above and I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that by the end of his time here the assessment will be we grossly overpaid for him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dpjfox said:

if Kasper goes id much prefer Butland (certain to leave Stoke), and destined for Prem

This is the logic I can't fathom.

£10m is far too much to pay on a reserve GK for a club like ours unless it's some teenage wonderkid who is being groomed for the No1 jersey.

If Kasper is being sold why wouldn't we be going in for Butland? He'll only be twice the price of Ward, is the same age and has a far higher pedigree. It looks like Butland will struggle to get his move this summer and his career could stagnate in the Championship so he would jump at the chance to come here.