Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Danny Ward - 12 Million

We very much seem to like having 3 senior goalies in the squad, but recently the other 2 just haven’t been good enough to put much pressure on Kasper.

With Hamer gone and Jakupovic not really being favoured over Hamer for the bench etc. I see Ward as Kaspers understudy, with the view to him taking over possibly next season.

If Kasper does leave, I definitely think we will go in for another Keeper.

Feels like a good bit of business. Forget the price, it’s about value to the squad not a comparable figure with other players. I work in Liverpool and he has many plaudits, him and Kasper as our options are now beginning to demonstrate that we are building a great squad of depth, age, experience and talent.

17 minutes ago, Adam. said:

Percy is always on the money but I find it hard to believe that Kasper isn't off to Chelsea.

The Alisson move is the first trigger in the chain and there will be a lot of GK activity across the board now.

Wouldn't be financially prudent if Schmeichel is definitely staying, why not just keep Hamer as back-up in this case and invest elsewhere? We have enough players on the books as it is.

We tried but he left ........

• Like 1

When I heard this just now it seemed like another Preki moment! What the hell are we spending £12m on a keeper who was 3rd choice behind 2 of the worst keepers in the PL last season? Talk Sport  speculating that he might even be the replacement for Kasper?! Surely that can't be true? Massively underwhelmed with this one. 

13 minutes ago, FIF said:

The GK is a massive upgrade on Beardy who he is replacing.

As for Mahrez, I'd say anyone who wanted to play is an upgrade. Mahrez wasn't sold, he forced himself out. move on fella.

Yeah, no. Otherwise Andy King would already be an upgrade.

Just now, Jones2406 said:

if i a big club comes sniffing and are playing in europe can see him leaving butland would be perfect fit for us in my opinion

dont get me wrong if KS was leaving id say go for Butland too, since hes an established number 1 and has been for a number of years at this level unlike Ward, the signing of Ward seems more of a number 2 with hopefully in time him becoming number 1, since imo i dont see him as a ready made replacement for KS in the short term, long term certainly maybe

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

If that is true, it is a miracle, nothing short of. That doesn't however mean you treat it as such and start paying over the odds because you can. Only teams who can do that and make it work are those right at the top who can attract anyone.

I believe this has been widely reported wrong as £40m for Musa. 

40m Saudi Riyal = £8m which is far more likely. Logically why on earth would anyone pay £40m for Musa when the football world knows we've been trying to shift him for ages with no success. It's not like Real and Barca are butting heads for his signature. 

30 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

by the looks of majority of people on here I actually think their thought process is that! Who cares how much players cost? You don't get to where these people are by throwing money around for no reason.

I bet Leeds and Portsmouth fans would have a different attitude to this

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

I fear Puel is going to ruin our club. Really do.

Puel is personally responsible for the targetting, negotiating and signing of second choice keepers imo, right down to the last penny

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'd take him, definitely. Kasper will want out if Chelsea's interest is real.

You'd take a guy who's hardly, if ever, played in the PL, and who was 3rd choice behind 2 very poor keepers, as a replacement for an experienced, league winning, international keeper?? If that's what's happening then I'm seriously worried about our chances next season. 

I don't know if this has been said yet but maybe Napoleon, sorry Puel has foreseen mutiny and treachery and decided to "get rid of some dead wood", at a profit might I add.

This could be another coup, as someone already said he is very well regarded in the Liverpool fans eyes.

Well done Leicester