Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Snik-Snok

Stadium Expansion Plan Meeting

Did anyone on here that submitted an application to attend next week's meeting get a successful response?

The deadline for informing us was 5pm yesterday and I didn't hear anything, so obviously I'm not invited.  I'd be interested to know how many people did succeed, and those that are going please can you give some feedback afterwards about what their plans are for the stadium.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Snik-Snok said:

Did anyone on here that submitted an application to attend next week's meeting get a successful response?

The deadline for informing us was 5pm yesterday and I didn't hear anything, so obviously I'm not invited.  I'd be interested to know how many people did succeed, and those that are going please can you give some feedback afterwards about what their plans are for the stadium.

Not heard anything either.

Wouldn't surprise me if with jim away on holiday they forgot to send the email replies.

17 hours ago, Snik-Snok said:

Is your fax machine plugged in?

• Haha 1

I went to the one last night, but don't want to spoil it for anyone. We were also asked not to discuss the designs and plans in public.

Wait until you see the new stadium concept and other new facilties.

Amazing...

6 minutes ago, sixthswan said:

I went to the one last night, but don't want to spoil it for anyone. We were also asked not to discuss the designs and plans in public.

Amazing...

Any idea when they will announce to the masses?

6 minutes ago, sixthswan said:

Amazing...

Looking forward to seeing what they've got planned. If it's anywhere near as good as the training ground, we're in for a treat.

Don't suppose safe standing got a mention?

11 minutes ago, sixthswan said:

Amazing...

you are spoiling it for us by not telling....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sixthswan said:

I was amazed that 12 people were invited last night and only six turned up.

Apparently the full planning application will be ready by January 2019 and they hope to start building by May 2019.

The stadium will remain open, while construction takes place.

We are not just getting a stadium expansion. There will be other facilties, right up to Aylestone Road.

That isn't new news though. There have already been announcements in the press about purchasing over 6 acres of land and consultation with the City Council, about facilties that Leicester needs.

The atmosphere at the stadium was discussed, along with safe-standing and many other things.

Looks bad on the face of it, but it seems from this thread that people were told they had been accepted at incredibly short notice.

Good to hear atmosphere was discussed. What specifically was said on that point?

8 minutes ago, sixthswan said:

Yes there were full artists impressions. Would have taken a shot on my phone, but that wasn't allowed.

Personally, I was very surprised by the stadium concept. It is iconic looking. There are two new facilities (other than the expansion) that I liked a lot. Very excited about them.

The consultation was an opportunity to let the club know what fans like, don't like and to suggest any fresh ideas. We were told that there would be no official representation from the club at these meetings, so that fans could be completely honest in their opinions.

There wasn't anyone in the room particularly animated about safe-standing. It was only briefly mentioned. I myself don't really have strong views on it.

The atmosphere is obviously important to the club. You will see that when the designs become public, in terms of how the seating is configured and the shape of the roof.  

Most of the discussion about atmosphere revolved around the lack of a single singing area and there was a hope expressed that the capacity increase, could also see a concerted effort from the club to create a designated area for signing etc.

If you've got an invite and strong views; I urge you to attend.

Did they mention the potential capacity with the extension? 

Would it be possible to explain the artists impressions in a  bit more detail? 

I think this is what most of us are most interested in. Does it look like Stadium of Light or Cardiff stadium? I really hope not lol

Thanks 

Edited by Stevosevic