Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Snik-Snok

Stadium Expansion Plan Meeting

14 minutes ago, sixthswan said:

It looks nothing like the Cardiff expansion, or the SOL.

Have a look on the web at some other buildings that King Power have commissioned. There are some clues out there...

O rly

1 hour ago, sixthswan said:

Yes there were full artists impressions. Would have taken a shot on my phone, but that wasn't allowed.

Personally, I was very surprised by the stadium concept. It is iconic looking. There are two new facilities (other than the expansion) that I liked a lot. Very excited about them.

The consultation was an opportunity to let the club know what fans like, don't like and to suggest any fresh ideas. We were told that there would be no official representation from the club at these meetings, so that fans could be completely honest in their opinions.

There wasn't anyone in the room particularly animated about safe-standing. It was only briefly mentioned. I myself don't really have strong views on it.

The atmosphere is obviously important to the club. You will see that when the designs become public, in terms of how the seating is configured and the shape of the roof.  

Most of the discussion about atmosphere revolved around the lack of a single singing area and there was a hope expressed that the capacity increase, could also see a concerted effort from the club to create a designated area for signing etc.

If you've got an invite and strong views; I urge you to attend.

Sounds very interesting. I'm guessing maybe a curved roof or stand of some description maybe?

19 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Sounds very interesting. I'm guessing maybe a curved roof or stand of some description maybe?

Judging by the fact he mentioned facilities (the city of) leicester needed, I'm going for some sort of indoor complex that can double as a music / exhibition venue with multiple sports uses.

Edited by Babylon

5 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

I really hope it’s like their Phuket building and lights up at night ?

Interesting, I think by the looks of that building and the plans for the training complex, the owners will not do this by halves, I have a good feeling about this. Exciting times.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Woollett's Wellies said:

Sounds really interesting. I guess there’s going to have to be some serious Car Parking/Traffic management issues to address or the Planning permission isn’t going to be a given.

Hence why we'll be installing facilities the city needs... to grease the wheels.

As infrastructure investment isn't governed by FFP are the owners stumping up the capital or is it being financed by a loan? Financially we've been fairly steady over recent years (bar a bloated wage bill) but our retained profits aren't good enough to fund expansion and a new training ground

202114893_ScreenShot2018-07-24at16_29_13.thumb.png.e366ba89d8fc0460f792cdac4164db3b.png

Edited by Stadt