Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Snik-Snok

Stadium Expansion Plan Meeting

19 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Whats with all the bloody secretism (is that even a word?)

Just tell us lol 

Its off season, the World cup has ended and everyone is bored. 

(You should check out general chat right now, even posts about peeing in the shower and stuff like that.) 

Some people get info off people from the club and elsewhere. If its posted on here and other sites it might get the original person in trouble.

So when things are posted they're adjusted slightly or hints are dropped.

Some good gusses though on here ;) :o

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Some people get info off people from the club and elsewhere. If its posted on here and other sites it might get the original person in trouble.

So when things are posted they're adjusted slightly or hints are dropped.

Some good gusses though on here ;) :o

I'm guessing Suzie meant LCFC not the fans

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

I really hope there's an artisan bakery and a cheese room.

We can't have Spurs fans looking down at our stadium.

Walkers factory being moved in-house

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Hence why we'll be installing facilities the city needs... to grease the wheels.

Oh! Very true but the traffic chaos with 32k is going to be significantly worse with 40/42k . Then there’s going to be the fact it becomes more regular with a venue for other events. I was just hoping that there might be some hints as to the cunning plan the owners may have to get around this. I’d really like to use the park and ride now but the operating hours are so useless as to make it impossible on a regular basis. It’s going to be fascinating to see what they’ve got in mind....

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

That sounds like there might be train station potential? Or am I being too hopeful lol 

If Network Rail could be persuaded to let match day trains be run from the line behind the stadium or even if the owners foot the cost of doing that, that would be fvcking stellar.

Edited by lfu
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

That sounds like there might be train station potential? Or am I being too hopeful lol 

Coventry have a train station at the Ricoh so I cant see why we cant have one. Problem with theirs is its not big enough to use on match days as its not big enough. Dont know why they dont get many at the Ricoh

8 minutes ago, lfu said:

If Network Rail could be persuaded to let match day trains be run from the line behind the stadium or even if the owners foot the cost of doing that, that would be fvcking stellar.

Unfortunately, there’s several issues with doing that which would cause problems elsewhere and require some serious engineering to operate succesfully so...Although it would be a great idea I can’t see it. 

24 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Its been discussed.

1 minute ago, joachim1965 said:

Is the indoor arena going to be used as a music venue ?

Boogie woogie

20 minutes ago, Woollett's Wellies said:

Unfortunately, there’s several issues with doing that which would cause problems elsewhere and require some serious engineering to operate succesfully so...Although it would be a great idea I can’t see it. 

Do you know by chance what the main issues are? I remember reading about that a couple of years back but it's slipped from my mind by now

36 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Coventry have a train station at the Ricoh so I cant see why we cant have one. Problem with theirs is its not big enough to use on match days as its not big enough. Dont know why they dont get many at the Ricoh

Probably because it's not used for just football. Also the Ricoh is miles away from anywhere compared to Filbert Way which is walkable distance from City Centre .

2 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

And it was built on the wrong gauge. It can only accommodate two carriage sprinter trains.

10 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

And it was built on the wrong gauge. It can only accommodate two carriage sprinter trains.

I don't think this is true, funny as it would be. The line on which the station sits was built in 1850 and like almost all UK railways it is standard gauge

The train issue was raised at the last FCC it turns out the line is a different guage according to the club. So can't actually be connected to Leicester station.

Sounded bull to me but that was the explanation as it seems the club had looked into completing the set.

Plane.

Boat

4 Helicopters 

Train!!!!!!

8 hours ago, sixthswan said:

Yes there were full artists impressions. Would have taken a shot on my phone, but that wasn't allowed.

Personally, I was very surprised by the stadium concept. It is iconic looking. There are two new facilities (other than the expansion) that I liked a lot. Very excited about them.

The consultation was an opportunity to let the club know what fans like, don't like and to suggest any fresh ideas. We were told that there would be no official representation from the club at these meetings, so that fans could be completely honest in their opinions.

There wasn't anyone in the room particularly animated about safe-standing. It was only briefly mentioned. I myself don't really have strong views on it.

The atmosphere is obviously important to the club. You will see that when the designs become public, in terms of how the seating is configured and the shape of the roof.  

Most of the discussion about atmosphere revolved around the lack of a single singing area and there was a hope expressed that the capacity increase, could also see a concerted effort from the club to create a designated area for signing etc.

If you've got an invite and strong views; I urge you to attend.

Just out of interest, from the pictures you saw, would you compare it to any other new stadiums out there, just to give us a bit of an idea.