Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

7 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

We need to be careful because one of the reasons Lawrence left was that we kept packing him on loan and then didnt speak to him for 6 months....

He's not exactly proved to be one we should be disappointed about losing though. 

10 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

We need to be careful because one of the reasons Lawrence left was that we kept packing him on loan and then didnt speak to him for 6 months....

Haven’t we now got someone dedicated to player liaison for this very reason?

• Like 1

I've always assumed players are loaned out by the club to develop. Truth is Harvey's and other agents have to badger the club to be allowed to go out on loan, its not a moment of magic by the club.

He wont want to rush back.

Few, if any want to stick about either not playing or U23s.

Massively increases their value and their remuneration as is evident.

....with the exception of Benny who nobody wants

Edited by Bob Hazels shorts

Barnes is playing for a better team than Maddison did, and he's playing as a number 10, whereas Maddison was a box-to-box midfielder.

But nonetheless Barnes will beat Maddison's goals and equal his assists for last season based on current form.

Barnes: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/331382/History/Harvey-Barnes 

Maddison: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/137015/History/James-Maddison

Maddison was much higher up on passing, key passes and tackles though.

Given Maddison is currently a better passer and a better key passer and is better defensively I still hold some hope we can play them together. 

Never let it be said I'm a smart arse!!

Dropped lots of t'clues about him going to Leeds. He was all set.

Suspect a little too far away. Lived in Sheffield whilst at Barnsley allegedly and no doubt wants to live in his impressive house he has allegedly bought here.

Harvey Barnes

Bob Hazels shorts replied to davieG's topic in Leicester City Forum

Great move if it is West Brom. Leeds were in, still might be I guess but no doubt down to terms if not. Two big clubs though. Great development opportunity.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Barnes is playing for a better team than Maddison did, and he's playing as a number 10, whereas Maddison was a box-to-box midfielder.

But nonetheless Barnes will beat Maddison's goals and equal his assists for last season based on current form.

Barnes: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/331382/History/Harvey-Barnes 

Maddison: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/137015/History/James-Maddison

Maddison was much higher up on passing, key passes and tackles though.

Given Maddison is currently a better passer and a better key passer and is better defensively I still hold some hope we can play them together. 

They certainly could play together. I'd move Maddison to the right into the 8 role and bring Barnes into the 10 role.

This would give us  a much better balance to the midfield with huge attacking options plus goals galore from different areas.

The future is looking so good for us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

They certainly could play together. I'd move Maddison to the right into the 8 role and bring Barnes into the 10 role.

This would give us  a much better balance to the midfield with huge attacking options plus goals galore from different areas.

Thank-you Clever Fox

So enjoyable to read a positive, optimistic post.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Defensively we’d concede far too many with both playing centrally unless we played a diamond

Can't see Maddison as a CM in the PL, doesn't have the legs for it at moment and defensively not good enough, as demonstrated by being turned inside for the second goal against Everton.

Leave Barnes to develop, give him a year at that level to boost his confidence and experience.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Can't see Maddison as a CM in the PL, doesn't have the legs for it at moment and defensively not good enough, as demonstrated by being turned inside for the second goal against Everton.

Leave Barnes to develop, give him a year at that level to boost his confidence and experience.

Maddison is definitely not a CM, but we can not fault that turn from Sigurdsson. As horrible as it is to lose, that was a special skill and finish.