Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

He got seven shots away last match with two on target, his team mates managed a max of four. Eighty percent pass completion too. Played behind the strikers.

Edited out stupidity

Edited by Foxxed

17 hours ago, Foxxed said:

He got seven shots away last match with two on target although admittedly Leeds had two men sent off but his team mates managed a max of four. Eighty percent pass completion too. Played behind the strikers.

What? I was there, I was drunk... not drunk enough to miss two sendings off though lollol 

He was so so good yesterday, a pleasure to watch him live, should have scored a couple and was always the out ball as they countered in the second half. 

Their fans adore him too, as a side they’re incredibly reliant on him.

Im a fan of the idea of him staying there for the season. But I think if he was to come back in January we’d be in better shape for it, he’s already twice the player Rachid will ever be that’s for sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

What? I was there, I was drunk... not drunk enough to miss two sendings off though lollol 

He was so so good yesterday, a pleasure to watch him live, should have scored a couple and was always the out ball as they countered in the second half. 

Their fans adore him too, as a side they’re incredibly reliant on him.

Im a fan of the idea of him staying there for the season. But I think if he was to come back in January we’d be in better shape for it, he’s already twice the player Rachid will ever be that’s for sure.

Sorry drinking and posting again!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Harvey looks dynamite today

I love how fluid his movement is from a left sided position, to a central position and also breaking the lines and getting up as a striker at times. Hes exactly the sort of dynamic forward player we will need in future under Puel.

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I love how fluid his movement is from a left sided position, to a central position and also breaking the lines and getting up as a striker at times. Hes exactly the sort of dynamic forward player we will need in future under Puel.

He looks so comfortable with the ball at his feet

• Like 1

Just scored. 

So torn... on the one hand it would be great for him to stay at West Brom and continue developing there, but equally does it really make sense spending money on someone to score goals when we already have him who is doing it in abundance... 

5 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Can we recall him to play during January and then send him back if we decide to not play him again?

Yes but we would have so send him back to West Brom, as a player can only play for two clubs in one season. Same with Benkovic and Celtic.

Interesting case with both players as they are both doing well. On the one hand you'd say that having them playing every week, getting confidence and possibly winning something is brilliant for our team next season. But at the same time I'd argue that both players are probably good enough to play / come on in games already. It's a good problem to have really! First time in a long while I can say great recruitment strategy by the club.

9 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I'd be inclined to let him see the season out at the Baggies, we recalled him in January from Barnsley for him to only play 8 mins of Premier League football.

Hes a stronger and more complete player than he was a year ago. I honestly think he'd get in our team. Whatever happens, the future seems very bright for him and for us hopefully!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I'd be inclined to let him see the season out at the Baggies, we recalled him in January from Barnsley for him to only play 8 mins of Premier League football.

Sure but he looks better now and none of our 3 behind the striker are exactly making themselves guaranteed starters. 

There would be alot more opportunity and if management feel he's ready he may as well start aclimatising to our level.