Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I disagree with the formation thing, how many times under Puel have we played anything different from a 4-2-3-1? Only time I can think is against Man City and he changed it at half time back to 4231. 

I mean his time at Lille.

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Get him back off loan in January and let’s have him in our first team squad please

he needs to be playing regularly. i can’t see who he would replace right now in the  first team?

14 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Sub to start with and he would come on for Gray or Albrighton for example 

i’d rather he get a full season starting for west Brom. he’d  learn more than making a few sub appearances for us this season.

• Like 2

On 25/11/2018 at 03:14, FIF said:

I like him but I really think a lot of FTers are in cuckoo land calling for his return and expecting him to "dominate" in the prem. A recall in January could knock him back years.

It would be unlikely to see him.dominate, but he could be the difference in a game or three. How many points would he need to add to our season total to be worth pulling from his current developmental stage? 

We could certainly do with him taking a bit of pressure off Maddison. Mads is all too easy to take out of the game at times, but playing with Barnes would give us a second player capable of those seeing eye passes into dangerous parts of the pitch for Vards & Co. Frankly I'd love to see us go three at the back and add a target man, though if not that, I think Barnes could be an interesting option some matches. Or more likely, a late game substitute when we need a goal, especially as Maddison slows down quite a bit by minute 70 or so.

While I personally don't believe we should recall him this season, I do think he could add 4-6 points or so to our season total.

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Two minutes in and he’s already skinned two men and fizzed a perfect outside of the boot cross in for Rodriguez to miss from two yards. Serious player this boy.

Considering our lack of creative players, I'm starting to change my position on him staying there tbh. He'll get game time because we've got so few options to bring on in attack.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Considering our lack of creative players, I'm starting to change my position on him staying there tbh. He'll get game time because we've got so few options to bring on in attack.

He’d definitely get minutes here and I am sure would contribute even with the step up in quality. It’s just whether the benefit of him playing a full season with all the ups and downs as the creative force for a side chasing promotion may improve him so much more for next season that we sacrifice any short term benefits this. 

• Like 1

Seems to rarely give the ball away but always seems likely to do something when he gets the ball, the only question on mind about whether he'd play for us is does he have the work rate? Seems to not track back or press the opposition, could just be how he's been asked to play though