Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

Just now, poggypogpog said:

It’s probably already been said several dozen times, but I’d still say a promotion push with Brom is better for his development than a spot in the subs bench with us. It did Muzzy Izzet no harm! 

Since they're now playing him on the wings, and occassionally up front, rather than number 10, I'm happy with him staying there.

I'd rather him come here and push for Gray or Albrighton's place rather than Maddisons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

if Vardy is struggling with injury....here's the first Answer!!!

Agreed. No one is saying he is like for like, but I worry that Vardy's ongoing groin problems may mean he needs an extended period on the sidelines, so I think there is a growing case for Barnes to return in January. 

3 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Agreed. No one is saying he is like for like, but I worry that Vardy's ongoing groin problems may mean he needs an extended period on the sidelines, so I think there is a growing case for Barnes to return in January. 

I can’t see any scenario where we play Harvey Barnes up front alone. We need to buy another striker for me and not recall Barnes.

• Like 1

The only problem is with West Brom he don't have to track back. Different in the premier League with City and that's not his strong point. But it's so exciting to see whenever he gets the ball he's the sort of  player you expect to make something happen. A rare commodity indeed. 

• Like 2

He's often quiet but always deadly in the opposition half.

I reckon we've told the Baggies to remove him from the number 10 position. He scored after he switched wings today too. He seems happy on either side.

Eight goals, three assists. In that game four shots, one on target, two key passes and over ninty perfect pass accuracy.

Edited by Foxxed
eight

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

possible switch to a lowly prem team in January to get prem experience?

then join up with us in the summer?

Wolves will not take him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

Crazy idea. Why would you take him from a side where he's happy and obviously enjoying his football and most importantly  playing 90  minutes every week. To sending  him to another club where he would have to prove himself all over again and win a place in the team and he may never settle in his surroundings? Leave him there!  

I prefer keeping him there, if they keep him on the wings or upfront, but he's going to have to prove himself and win a place sooner or later anyway.

11 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I can’t see any scenario where we play Harvey Barnes up front alone. We need to buy another striker for me and not recall Barnes.

Like the man said...it's not like for like!!!

we lose Vardy,then like what happens in football,you set up your team for the new players,taking over. A backline doesn't need to change its style,

but midfield/attack replacements automatically gives you plan B/C.

There is no replacement for Vardy s game. full-stop!! Why be blind and think we will get a striker,that fits and wants to come...!!!

so Using a known player from within,is surely more logical. Plus if Vardy is out for awhile,we would need again cover for the rest of the season,

for the "Vardy-replacement", to cover also as sub...Nacho gets the nod,then who does Puel use,when we want to sub him,or he gets a knock..?

If Barnes does comeback to play for us,then another selection and formation scenario will be anyway forced on us...Puel and the coaching

staff can sort that out!!! For Banter the fans can give their suggestions,but believing the set up stays the same would be somewhat shortsighted.

one could also look positive,and Vardy being absent for awhile could be the making of Nacho....

but until we know more,it is immaterial and irrelevant. 

However even with a playable Vardy,we still need a new Striker in January!!!  Or we recall Barnes anyway and partner him with Vardy or Nacho,or just

for a tease,with both..!!

24 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Crazy idea. Why would you take him from a side where he's happy and obviously enjoying his football and most importantly  playing 90  minutes every week. To sending  him to another club where he would have to prove himself all over again and win a place in the team and he may never settle in his surroundings? Leave him there!  

to test him against higher lvl opponents of course? 

surely testing him against prem opposition is a better test of how well he will do in he prem than him playing in the championship?

its really not rocket science, even if it seems lost on you..

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Like the man said...it's not like for like!!!

we lose Vardy,then like what happens in football,you set up your team for the new players,taking over. A backline doesn't need to change its style,

but midfield/attack replacements automatically gives you plan B/C.

There is no replacement for Vardy s game. full-stop!! Why be blind and think we will get a striker,that fits and wants to come...!!!

so Using a known player from within,is surely more logical. Plus if Vardy is out for awhile,we would need again cover for the rest of the season,

for the "Vardy-replacement", to cover also as sub...Nacho gets the nod,then who does Puel use,when we want to sub him,or he gets a knock..?

If Barnes does comeback to play for us,then another selection and formation scenario will be anyway forced on us...Puel and the coaching

staff can sort that out!!! For Banter the fans can give their suggestions,but believing the set up stays the same would be somewhat shortsighted.

one could also look positive,and Vardy being absent for awhile could be the making of Nacho....

but until we know more,it is immaterial and irrelevant. 

However even with a playable Vardy,we still need a new Striker in January!!!  Or we recall Barnes anyway and partner him with Vardy or Nacho,or just

for a tease,with both..!!

I never said he was a like for like replacement for Vardy or am I missing something? And recalling Barnes to be back up for Iheanacho is absolute madness while he is doing well at WBA, he wouldn’t agree that.

In my opinion we need another striker, someone like (I’m not saying him) Mitrovic who can also score with his head but isn’t useless on the floor to give us a different option.

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

to test him against higher lvl opponents of course? 

surely testing him against prem opposition is a better test of how well he will do in he prem than him playing in the championship?

its really not rocket science, even if it seems lost on you..

See my reasons. Read it and you may find yourself. Seems enough people are agreeing with me. Anyways it's all about opinions.