Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Come on mate, everything has bounced off him and his passing has been so poor. He's not been in the game and he's played the vast majority of the game with his head down, whinging.

I watch a lot of Inter, as you know I'm a big Icardi fan, but that's just him. He's not particularly technical in terms of just control and his passing game, he's never going to be a great creator. He's just a phenomenal finisher and is only ever going to be as good as his service which has been largely rubbish tonight. 

To suggest he's had his head down stropping is daft given he's chased everything around the Tottenham half, closed down everyone, dived after tackles and blocks and run like a dog. 

Vardy has games where he does a lot of that and barely gets a sniff and I'd never call his performances "pathetic." Quiet, yeah, which Icardi largely has been but "pathetic" is just dumb. It's trying to get a rise out of me at best and just silly at worst. 

Edited by Finnegan

Just now, Finnegan said:

I watch a lot of Inter, as you know I'm a big Icardi fan, but that's just him. He's not particularly technical in terms of just control and his passing game, he's never going to be a great creator. He's just a phenomenal finisher and is only ever going to be as good as his service which has been largely rubbish tonight. 

To suggest he's had his head down stopping is daft given he's chased everything around the Tottenham half, closed down everyone, dived after tackles and blocks and run like a dog. 

Vardy has games where he does a lot of that and barely gets a sniff and I'd never call his performances "pathetic." Quiet, yeah, which Icardi largely has been but "pathetic" is just dumb. It's trying to get a rise out of me at best and just silly at worst. 

Woah what? Why would you think I was trying to get a rise out of you? lol 

He's been poor, worked his arse off no doubt. But every time his team mate has failed to get him with a pass his head has gone down and his shoulders have slumped.

Pathetic is obviously hyperbole, but Sanchez and Vertonghen were comfortable against "The best number 9 in the world" for 85 minutes.

He's a very good player, but he's not in that category.

Spurs being Spursy!

Game was there to be killed at 1-0, Inter there for the taking. Second goal ends the tie. Didn't take it, they equalise and the rest is inevitable.

Also another goal which could have been prevented by not having a player on the post. Absolute pet hate that most pundits treat having a man on the post as a no-brainer. Costs more goals than it saves.