Jump to content
DANGEROUS TIGER

RUDKIN - How Does He Keep His Job?

Recommended Posts

This season is going to be a watershed moment for City. I think itll be the last season we see Kasper, Vards, Shinji etc.

We've let players move on but haven't splashedthe cash so to speak which suggests Puel doesn't have 100% backing....I think Puel will be gone before 2019 and well be playing a team of yungens that cant cut the mustard.

ill be lumping on relegation at 13/1

?

Link to post
Share on other sites

A squad of 15 /16 is all we need with the Development lads topping it up when needed. Then the manager can concentrate his efforts in moulding them into a tight nit group like Pearson had. then each Window replace one or two players with better quality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Why not, We got Mancini and Cambiaso here didn't we. We're a big club now and should be able to attract top players.

 

For five minutes at the end of their careers.

 

Attracting the best players does seem to be our biggest problem in the transfer market, even after we had just won the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, murphy said:

 

For five minutes at the end of their careers.

 

Attracting the best players does seem to be our biggest problem in the transfer market, even after we had just won the league.

Agreed, But it's really about selling the Club to these Players at the end of the Day.

Wolves seem to have done a very good job of it lately and are going to be serious challengers for a top ten place.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on past histories, particularly 2016, we irresponsibly splashed the cash and are still dealing with the fallout out today. Perhaps it is our ability, or lack there of, to recognise “big” players which is the real issue with ownership subsequently lacking confidence in the scouting network and Rudkin rather than in Puel. Once bitten, twice shy and all that jazz. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Biggles22 said:

Based on past histories, particularly 2016, we irresponsibly splashed the cash and are still dealing with the fallout out today. Perhaps it is our ability, or lack there of, to recognise “big” players which is the real issue with ownership subsequently lacking confidence in the scouting network and Rudkin rather than in Puel. Once bitten, twice shy and all that jazz. 

I did think that 

but you can’t stagnate in this division if you want to push on.

Liverpool had singed some shit over the years prior to getting it right 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 19:58, Bert said:

It’s simple. 

 

The club are too scared to fire him. 

 

#dirt

Really? I am surprised at your comment. You have been a great ITK but no one knows his job. Just as many club DOF's no one knows his remit.

 

If you really know his remit stand up and tell us so we all know. If he was so bad at his job he would be gone. Our owners don't **** about ask CR.

 

Yes I join in with the Rudders jokes but if he was as bad as the jokes he would be gone.

 

 

Dad I'll stand up for you lol lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/08/2018 at 17:54, HankMarvin said:

I did think that 

but you can’t stagnate in this division if you want to push on.

Liverpool had singed some shit over the years prior to getting it right 

Frankie Goes To Hollywood were especially bad.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Why would we sack someone wjo wad instrumental in signing Mahrez Kante and Huth.?He also got 35 millon for Drinky.What has he done so wrong?

Perhsps we should look at the manager 34.% Win rate.This was inflated by the new manager bounce.

 

Is he also responsible for recruiting the manager and the coaching team?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggest thing he did wrong was let Claudio clear out our sports science and psychological teams-if he’s above the manager that he should have told Ranieri to deal with the things he understood and focus on his own job. But would anyone really have stood up to CR after 2016? Impossible position, just like putting up opposition to his requests for overpriced underperformers.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/08/2018 at 10:19, Clever Fox said:

A squad of 15 /16 is all we need with the Development lads topping it up when needed. Then the manager can concentrate his efforts in moulding them into a tight nit group like Pearson had. then each Window replace one or two players with better quality.

Thats basically first 11, 5 subs, and if just one injury a development player has to fill in, thats too tight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Thats basically first 11, 5 subs, and if just one injury a development player has to fill in, thats too tight.

Way too tight. Most teams like two players for every position so a squad of 22 isn’t unreasonable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The owners obviously have trust in Rudkin and the scouting team. This will never change. The only thing that will ever change under the owners is sacking and hiring managers. If they were ever going to shake up the recruitment team then they'd have done it two years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

We’ve paid out around £100m this summer and someone on this thread complains we’ve not ‘splashed the cash’?

 

Whatever happens it won’t be because the club haven’t spent money.

 

On any given day, or season, money won’t buy success but over several years when supported by long term investments in infrastructure and capacity it more or less always does. 

 

The jury is out on Puel at this stage but he’s certainly got an expensive squad and only a fool woul claim otherwise.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...