Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

New fence quote

I have done a lot of work on my house this year and have had good to indifferent experiences with tradesmen.

At one time I only worked through recommendation from somebody I know who has had work done by the tradesman, but now I work for myself and am not at home most of the time this avenue doesn't work any more.

Now I sometimes have to go onto Checkatrade or MyBuilder to find someone.

Before I meet I work out how much the materials cost, and how long the job should take and before I meet I know the maximum price I am prepared to pay for the job.

I also balance my day rate against how much I would have to pay to get someone else to do the job.

I had actually seen the workmanship by the tradesman who did an indifferent job on my gaff before I took him on, as he was one of the workers who did the extension on the house next door.

With proper supervision what he did over the fence was pretty decent, but what he did on my own property was, well, meh!

The paving he did at my place was not a patch on the paving I did for myself about ten years ago, which is still nice and level.

Never had any fencing done for me, I have always done my own although the length of the boundary length is nearly 200 feet.