Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

New forum guidelines

I'd say just be sensible and respectful in  your posts. if you stay respectful then  you'll be safe, surely? If you don't want to fall off the mountain, stay away from the edge right?

Edited by MPH

9 minutes ago, MPH said:

I'd say just be sensible and respectful in  your posts. if you stay respectful then  you'll be safe, surely? If you don't want to fall off the mountain, stay away from the edge right?

The question is:

Who defines the edge and who defines the mountain?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The question is:

Who defines the edge and who defines the mountain?

I have an idea.... throw me a few insults and we'll see if it sneaks past the mod team...

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

Maybe just think "would you say this to someone's face"? 

:thumbup:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, bovril said:

Common sense is a great thing, but to me, there‘s less and less of it and more and more people who either don‘t know what it means or how to apply it.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, bovril said:

Thats a weird one to be honest as i am way more relaxed on here than i would be to someones face. Im told im quite a confrontational person, so for me in this respect it would probably be a bad idea :D 

Very good point.   BTW-  I do admire how you never ever 'seem' to get up-set about the endless banter directed at you (which I am often guilty of!).   

17 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Very good point.   BTW-  I do admire how you never ever 'seem' to get up-set about the endless banter directed at you (which I am often guilty of!).   

Lol.. Its :D Banter! And i dont think i have ever read anything that has been disrespectful to me or been in bad taste, just playful fun. 

One wouldnt expect to come onto a football forum being female, blonde and abit dim at times and expect anything less. 

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

Lol.. Its :D Banter! And i dont think i have ever read anything that has been disrespectful to me or been in bad taste, just playful fun. 

One wouldnt expect to come onto a football forum being female, blonde and abit dim at times and expect anything less. 

?

12 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

One wouldnt expect to come onto a football forum being female, blonde and abit dim at times and expect anything less

Fewer :whistle:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

You're doing well.

( give it a few more weeks and you might realize it isnt a Manchester United forum.).

*that was just banter  mods  please don't ban me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

You're doing well.

( give it a few more weeks and you might realize it isnt a Manchester United forum.).

I would have been more insulted, had you said Spurs. 

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

You're doing well.

Ban him and throw away the key! :angry:

I think the kind of thing @MC Prussian is concerned about is if someone's being an idiot, then they really need telling that they are an idiot, which of course, will offend them, because they're an idiot.

And as far as @bovril's sensible suggestion of, "would you say it to their face"... it depends if they're 6ft 4 and built like a brick privy.

“Lately, we have seen a rise in amount of personal abuse. Too many topics have been derailed by unnecessary abuse. It will not be tolerated any longer. As the new season approaches I've updated the guidelines, what has been added is below.

No cyber bullying

It is very important that you carefully consider the type of posts you make on the forum and their consequences, whether direct/indirect or deliberate/unintentional. We can't and won't ever tolerate this forum being used for malicious communications, bullying or harassment of any sort. We can't police the internet but we can control what happens here on FT and we now have a zero tolerance approach for any content or posts of this type.

We also take a dim view of personal abuse in general, so please consider the way in which you debate with others. We understand that you're not all going to agree with each other all of the time. If you can't stand reading the thoughts of another poster, put them on ignore. Furthermore, if you have been subjected to behaviour like this please know you can always contact any of the admin team and we'll do our best to help. 

Trolling

Please just don't. We will be handing out suspensions/bans a lot more frequently in future for this offence. It's disruptive and tedious for those who just want to come here and use the forum to chat with fellow supporters. 

Please also remember the report function is an essential tool for maintaining decent standards on the forum and we ask you to please use it if you spot behaviour which breaches these forum rules.

Thanks”

@Mark

Edited by GaelicFox

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Or if they're simply an idiot.

I'm an idiot...but then again i am only 5ft 1 (151cm to you European's) so it would be hard to argue with anyone smaller. I did have an argument with my son once, but then he was only 9. 

• Haha 1

i  got banned once for calling Gingerfox copperknob. i actually meant it in the old style not the new interpretation of the phrase.. - the term was used in a book we read when doing my GCSE english back at Lanky boys many moons ago... 

So don't call anyone copperknob and you should be fine, @MC Prussian .

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

I have committed to stop inadvertently trolling , it seems some of my posts have been considered Trolling by some and for that I apologise.

Im still not clear what is trolling and what is having a strong opinion , but I’m open to learning and modifying my behaviour. 

Just want to thank @Mark and all the mods for allowing us to have this wonderful forum