Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

New forum guidelines

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

With all due respect Wymesy, that makes absolutely no sense.

The comment highlighted in bold could be seen, to others, as a genuine statement - but to you it may well have been put as 'tongue-in-cheek'.*

* As if you want it to be believed, but you know you don't actually agree with it.

Just now, Collymore said:

Can you not put the dodgy posters on a screening service? Mods have to check the post and authorise it? 

That does happen with certain people, one I can think of at least, but it's a bit of a pain for us to have to check everything someone says. Other times there might not be anyone online to do it and by the time it's approved the moment has passed.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

That does happen with certain people, one I can think of at least, but it's a bit of a pain for us to have to check everything someone says. Other times there might not be anyone online to do it and by the time it's approved the moment has passed.

Surely you need more mods then, not that I'm volunteering.

4 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Like many on this forum i love it. I am quite a newbie in posting but have been reading it for years and have alot of respect for what goes in to the moderating of it. 

I do however have one small irritation (there is always a but, right?) Would it be possible when someone gets banned to have the reason for their ban under the word BANNED when you attempt to log on?

I ask for several reasons, as most of you will know i was recently banned through no fault of my own and it transpired it was due to someone reporting me for apparently being some weird bloke who used to post on here and in disguise. No questions asked and insta banned :( This could have been cleared up instantly, had i known said reason for the ban. 

Now i know that was perhaps a 'one off' but one of my friends has been temporarily banned today, and again has no reason what he has done. He isnt offensive and often sticks up for the people who are being bullied. However he doesn't know what he has done and thus will not know how to avoid this in the future.

If there was a reason given, perhaps it would be a lot clearer for him and others to avoid doing the thing that got them banned in the 1st place. Im quite sure we have serial banned people on here. 

I am not expecting an answer, just wanted to put this out there as something that perhaps could be looked into in the future and this topic seemed the perfect opportunity. 

I knew you had been banned but didn't know the reason until reading your post in this thread, your ban does seem a very unfortunate incident. I guess the mods are obliged under those circumstances to limit your account immediately. I agree with you though that a reason given would be a good idea as you could have cleared it up right away with them.

This is no secret as I posted it somewhere else on FT, I was banned for 3 days a few weeks ago, I guess that makes me part of the recent problem that has lead to this notice from the mods. That's embarrassing to admit to be honest. It was my first and only ban and I want it to stay that way. However, I was an idiot (although alcohol impaired my judgement, it's no excuse, I drank it) and knew exactly why I was banned and I deserved it. A shame really as I'd like to think of myself as a reasonable individual normally.

Even though I deserved it, it was still annoying not to be able to log in at all so I can't imagine how annoying it must have been for you when you weren't actually guilty of doing anything.

On occasions like yours (where someone reports it) it would be good if the mods were able to give you an instant reason so you know and can appeal. That said, I have absolutely no idea exactly how much work and time goes into running a site like this so that's easy for me to say.

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

...like posting "GOAL" in a match thread!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Surely you need more mods then, not that I'm volunteering.

I think most of us work a normal week, we all go bed at night. On match days, some are at the match.

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

...like posting "GOAL" in a match thread!

lol  

14 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The comment highlighted in bold could be seen, to others, as a genuine statement - but to you it may well have been put as 'tongue-in-cheek'.*

* As if you want it to be believed, but you know you don't actually agree with it.

Kingfox named me, I didn't ask him to. I wasn't looking for a row, I said my peace, stood up for myself and said I'd leave it there, I'm not sure how else that can be taken. 

3 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Please, what is the difference between a Cyber bully and a troll ?

A cyber bully is someene who bullies someone else over social media ,,,   a troll is a horrible little green thing that hides under bridges ...   :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Countryfox said:

A cyber bully is someene who bullies someone else over social media ,,,   a troll is a horrible little green thing that hides under bridges ...   :thumbup:

I don't mean to be a pedant but I think you made an error there.....

....a troll, in this instance, is someone who posts deliberately provocative posts with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument....... a cyber bully is someone that makes fun of, smashes up and urinates on computer equipment. X

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I don't mean to be a pedant but I think you made an error there.....

....a troll, in this instance, is someone who posts deliberately provocative posts with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument....... a cyber bully is someone that makes fun of, smashes up and urinates on computer equipment. X

Ah ...   tbh, I think between us we've cracked it Grumble ! ...      so, a worst case scenario is a horrible little green thing that p1sses all over your computer ...   the dreaded cyber bullying troll ! ....         :) x

• Like 1

I think a place for us to discuss these things is quite important as obviously, as humans, we tend to see things from our own point of view which means that mods see offensive/trolling posts but posters feel hard done by if they feel the post was misunderstood.  A place to actually talk about this will hopefully create more understanding.  As I said earlier, this site is great and in general run very well but I do worry that sometimes people get banned because someone has reported a post which they have misunderstood and then the mods have not taken the time to see what the context of the post was.  I say this because I was once banned for three days with no explanation because I quoted the programme Extras because a photo of Maddison looked like Ricky Gervais doing the Genie bit (at least I THINK that was why, I was never given a reason).  Obviously this scene in the show is an attack on lazy, tired cliches regarding sexuality but I can only assume someone with no knowledge of the show saw it our of context and misunderstood, leading to me being banned.  I am not trying to make this about me or turn myself into a martyr, haha, I just think these kinds of actions can lead to quite reasonable posters feeling frustrated by being banned and given no explanation.  I think if we were given a reason things could be cleared up much more easily and quickly because posters could either explain their posts and the mods could make a decision or could hold their hands up and say "fair enough, I was out of order I will stew for a few days".  As someone who constantly challenges sexist, racist and homophobic actions on here but then sees entire threads basically made for posting pictures of "sexy ladies" the hypocrisy of being banned for a joke about a silly face is hard to take.

Anyway sorry, I love you Mods and you are all so strong and attractive.  :)

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

Wow, I didn't even realise it was that easy to get banned. 

Is a "Warning Point" different? Never thought to ask the question.

Being a good boy, and an absolute bloomin' charmer, I've never had either on here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

Wow, I didn't even realise it was that easy to get banned. 

Is a "Warning Point" different? Never thought to ask the question.

Being a good boy, and an absolute bloomin' charmer, I've never had either on here.

Ban this good boy right here, right now, please mods ! ...    that will send a clear message to the whole forum that you really mean business ....    :thumbup:

(P.S.  I keep using this bloody phrase, (in italics), all the time now ...   bonus point for the first person to name the show it came from ..)

22 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Well, that's me banned within the day then, haha.....

I'm just gonna play safe and pretty much stop posting apart from to tell everyone how great they are and how I love you so..... :)

I can't think of anything genuinely offensive I have ever said (OK, maybe once I was out of order) and yet I have been banned a few times, and quite often I have not even been able to fathom what it might have been for.  I respect the mods on here and this is not a dig but open discussion is useful.  It must be an awfully hard job being a mod and I wouldn't want it but, as someone else pointed out, offence is very subjective and I do worry that maybe sometimes intent, tone and context are not taken into account when someone is banned.  As I think Suzie  stated, a reason for being banned would be helpful and maybe a right to appeal the decision as often it is very frustrating to be banned and not given an explanation.  I am a right nobber on here sometimes and post a lot of stupid stuff but I like to think I am never offensive and I certainly never mean any harm.  I think self-policing of forums like this is very important and I welcome the new guidelines and will certainly take a look at my posts more carefully before submitting but I also hope a little context and reason is given into these decisions to ban.

I love you all and the mods are all great and I hear, very handsome.  X

22 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

And how little your penis is? :P

On a serious note, you are perhaps one of the most unoffensive posters on this forum, you are always optimistic and are obviously not intellectually challenged. I find your posts a breath of fresh air sometimes and they can quite often be funny too. 

I find it hard to think you would ever be banned. 

X

Love you Rumble and i aspire 

21 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Been reinstated after my ban... I'll behave myself from now on I promise!

:ph34r:

21 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Would be fun if there was a "No Forum Day" for once - imagine nobody being able to log in at all! lol

20 hours ago, Max Wall said:

I knew you had been banned but didn't know the reason until reading your post in this thread, your ban does seem a very unfortunate incident. I guess the mods are obliged under those circumstances to limit your account immediately. I agree with you though that a reason given would be a good idea as you could have cleared it up right away with them.

This is no secret as I posted it somewhere else on FT, I was banned for 3 days a few weeks ago, I guess that makes me part of the recent problem that has lead to this notice from the mods. That's embarrassing to admit to be honest. It was my first and only ban and I want it to stay that way. However, I was an idiot (although alcohol impaired my judgement, it's no excuse, I drank it) and knew exactly why I was banned and I deserved it. A shame really as I'd like to think of myself as a reasonable individual normally.

Even though I deserved it, it was still annoying not to be able to log in at all so I can't imagine how annoying it must have been for you when you weren't actually guilty of doing anything.

On occasions like yours (where someone reports it) it would be good if the mods were able to give you an instant reason so you know and can appeal. That said, I have absolutely no idea exactly how much work and time goes into running a site like this so that's easy for me to say.

Five of my favourite posters on FT. All intelligent, Funny and inoffensive who add a great deal of enjoyment to the board. The fact that these people have had bans is an indictment of the board. They are the type of posters you should be encouraging.

I have to agree with their sentiments and those in the OP. In my opinion (I want to make that clear), there is selective modding. The mods have a very wide power and therefore can choose whom to apply it on, whilst staying in their remit. I understand that modding is a difficult job and will always be undertaken with a personal bias, as is everything in life, I just think that the modding on FT is rather draconian in many cases and definitely uneven. Having said that it is still a great football forum and appreciated. 

I've argued in the past that a reason for a ban would make the board a better place and like those above have never understood the bans I've had - though surely more deserved than some on here - as I'm an obtuse kind of person.

Anyway that's my tuppence. Love and kisses to everyone and thanks for the board.

On 01/08/2018 at 19:35, FIF said:

Five of my favourite posters on FT. All intelligent, Funny and inoffensive who add a great deal of enjoyment to the board. The fact that these people have had bans is an indictment of the board. They are the type of posters you should be encouraging.

I have to agree with their sentiments and those in the OP. In my opinion (I want to make that clear), there is selective modding. The mods have a very wide power and therefore can choose whom to apply it on, whilst staying in their remit. I understand that modding is a difficult job and will always be undertaken with a personal bias, as is everything in life, I just think that the modding on FT is rather draconian in many cases and definitely uneven. Having said that it is still a great football forum and appreciated. 

I've argued in the past that a reason for a ban would make the board a better place and like those above have never understood the bans I've had - though surely more deserved than some on here - as I'm an obtuse kind of person.

Anyway that's my tuppence. Love and kisses to everyone and thanks for the board.

You're too kind FIF.

As it happens I've always wanted to be a Mod but I was born 30 years too late :whistle:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

You're too kind FIF.

As it happens I've always wanted to be a Mod but I was born 30 years too late :whistle:

Rockers bikes were far more powerful, Rockers didn't need to wash and they had their choice of drugs and loose women. Mods were far too prim and proper.

On 31/07/2018 at 19:54, Great Boos Up said:

Please, what is the difference between a Cyber bully and a troll ?

A cyber bully picks their target and hounds them and follows them around into different threads a troll will post deliberately inflammatory comments looking for a reaction  in one thread and then keep stoking the flames to get a bigger reaction. If you are not sure if you have inadvertently engaged in trolling, just think have you ever logged in and seen you have some notifications,and got a little thrill thinking about the responses you have, then maybe, just  maybe you are an accidental troll.

On the rules of this forum, I do think that bans should have a reason, I understand the argument against giving the reason, but it must be frustrating to find yourself banned and not know why. Especially in the case of Suzie. For serial offenders like Fif then perhaps an explanation is not necessary.

Finally I was disappointed to see spamming and puns not included  in the reminder, too many threads become unreadable nonsense, especially the transfer forum.

Keep up the good work mods.

On 01/08/2018 at 10:36, Countryfox said:

Ban this good boy right here, right now, please mods ! ...    that will send a clear message to the whole forum that you really mean business ....    :thumbup:

(P.S.  I keep using this bloody phrase, (in italics), all the time now ...   bonus point for the first person to name the show it came from ..)

Uncle Bryn in Gavin and Stacey ! ...   point for me please !!