Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Chris Mepham

11 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

Well only for a couple of days, he was resurrected wasn’t he? ?

Nah mate. Brown bread. Although there is s school of thought that he didn’t die in the cross at all. But that’s for another sort of website. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I think he was joking mate refering to Danny Murphy's comments on Harry Maguire earlier in the week.

Chris Mepham is definitely headed for the Premiership either with yourself another Premiership team or us  eventually if we can hold onto him long enough. He’s still got 4 years left on his contract with us. He’s an exceptionally talented centre back who has  come on in massively since being given his opportunity when Bjelland was injured last season. He’s 6’3” ball playing CB who’s already seen as one of the standout players in the Championship. If your lucky to land him you’ll soon see what I mean. Personally I’d love him to stay for the rest of this season. I hope he does, but if he goes for the right money I can’t think of any fan or anyone at the club who would not wish him well. Happy bidding ?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He's obviously very highly rated if your club are turning down £15m for a lad who has 22 professional games under his belt.

Another four years on his contract so Brentford have Mepham and potential buyers by the balls. He'll probably want a bigger contract to be kept happy though if Brentford rate him at £20m then that's at least worth £30k a week. 

I understand that’s possibly on the table but it won’t be anywhere near that.

I don't fancy rotating Morgan with Evans and Maguire. And we're not sure Darnell will sign a new contract. But god damn 20 million for a championship defender is obscene.

https://www.footballwhispers.com/players/chris-mepham

20 mil for a 20 year old who has played 1800 minutes of championship football and is wanted by two premier league teams.

3 minutes ago, Long Lost Bee said:

Chris Mepham is definitely headed for the Premiership either with yourself another Premiership team or us  eventually if we can hold onto him long enough. He’s still got 4 years left on his contract with us. He’s an exceptionally talented centre back who has  come on in massively since being given his opportunity when Bjelland was injured last season. He’s 6’3” ball playing CB who’s already seen as one of the standout players in the Championship. If your lucky to land him you’ll soon see what I mean. Personally I’d love him to stay for the rest of this season. I hope he does, but if he goes for the right money I can’t think of any fan or anyone at the club who would not wish him well. Happy bidding ?

Good luck with your season either way and do us all a favour and take 6 points a piece off Forest and Derby! :P

Edited by Silva Fox

5 minutes ago, Long Lost Bee said:

In the same way that I hope old Slab Head stays with us, I hope you keep hold of this lad for this season.

19 minutes ago, Long Lost Bee said:

So McGuire should do the same thing ??

Chris Mepham won’t do anything like that. We did have one player Tarkowski did go on strike a couple of years ago. He lost his battle with the club and we got what we wanted for him. We’ve got our price for Chris M. I’ve posted it early today. We won’t budge on that. He’s an exceptional talent. Have a look at his profile on Wiki to check, or go on the Griffin Park Grapvine.

If Murphy actually said that. He should hang his head in shame. 

Free McGuire

image.jpeg.aebe6a1af79c6974f354704a060b0160.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I don't fancy rotating Morgan with Evans and Maguire. And we're not sure Darnell will sign a new contract. But god damn 20 million for a championship defender is obscene.

https://www.footballwhispers.com/players/chris-mepham

20 mil for a 20 year old who has played 1800 minutes of championship football and is wanted by two premier league teams.

It really is a lot because his value can't get much higher in the Championship unless he looks like being the next Beckenbauer.

Even Maddison who oozed class in the Championship didn't go for much more and there is a premium for attacking players. 

There's also a lot of examples of players ripping up the Championship but the Premier League being a step too far, players like Dwight Gayle and Jordan Rhodes. I'd love us to sign Mepham as he sounds ideal to come in and support Evans and Maguire and it would do him the world of good to learn from them both and he would get decent game time here. At £20m the risk is all with us though and the price is too big for what looks like a player who is highly talented but very much unproven even at Championship level. He could be one of those players who looks brilliant at the start of his career then never maintains expectations. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Long Lost Bee said:

I hear you are looking for a striker maybe you could have Ulloa as part of the deal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It really is a lot because his value can't get much higher in the Championship unless he looks like being the next Beckenbauer.

Even Maddison who oozed class in the Championship didn't go for much more and there is a premium for attacking players. 

There's also a lot of examples of players ripping up the Championship but the Premier League being a step too far, players like Dwight Gayle and Jordan Rhodes. I'd love us to sign Mepham as he sounds ideal to come in and support Evans and Maguire and it would do him the world of good to learn from them both and he would get decent game time here. At £20m the risk is all with us though and the price is too big for what looks like a player who is highly talented but very much unproven even at Championship level. He could be one of those players who looks brilliant at the start of his career then never maintains expectations. 

You're right and I agree but I keep getting these short, shallow anxiety ridden breaths thinking about Wes taking two, three touches on the ball making a short, safe pass while the opposition move two yards closer to their markers, forcing an error, intercepting and countering. He's about 4/3rd's a Musa after all. It's not a lot.

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Your probably spot on TBH. The club want to keep him for this season at least, he’s on a very long contract. So the balls in our court. If a club meets their valuation he’ll be free to talk to you and I’m guessing we will not be able to pay the wGes you will. To replace him will cost us a lot of money ( for us) and our funds are limited to some extent. The club are in the process of building a new stadium and really giving it a go for promotion so either way it’s a win win for us either way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

You're right and I agree but I keep getting these short, shallow anxiety ridden breaths thinking about Wes taking two, three touches on the ball making a short, safe pass while the opposition move two yards closer to their markers, forcing an error, intercepting and countering. He's about 4/3rd's a Musa after all. It's not a lot.

Well I'd much rather overpay for the right players who will add good value to the team and the squad than overpriced garbage like Ward, Ghezzal and Diouf. 

At that price though I'd still probably walk away as that's more than we paid for Maguire last season who had a good season in the PL. Unless of course are scouts think he's going to be a worldie but I've lost a lot of faith in our scouts recently. :)

Just now, Long Lost Bee said:

Your probably spot on TBH. The club want to keep him for this season at least, he’s on a very long contract. So the balls in our court. If a club meets their valuation he’ll be free to talk to you and I’m guessing we will not be able to pay the wGes you will. To replace him will cost us a lot of money ( for us) and our funds are limited to some extent. The club are in the process of building a new stadium and really giving it a go for promotion so either way it’s a win win for us either way.

I'm always spot on mate, you must be new here if you didn't know that? :D

• Haha 1