Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Chris Mepham

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm sure they can do something with 15 big ones that makes them feel better. 

To be fair their moneyball business model is to buy cheap based on stats and make a tidy profit! 

10 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Well now that you’ve confirmed that all I need to know now is how good on Football Manager is he?

Not played that shit since 2013.

Anybody want to help Buzzer out, he'll be having sleepless nights otherwise.

• Thanks 1

Brentford fans rate him extremely highly. 

Starting to see why we are interested if their reviews are anything to go by. 

They say he is very composed, can pass, bring it out from the back, and is very quick for a CB. 

They rate him higher than Mawson and believe he will be their Sessegnon! They don't want to sell, but believe an offer of £15m plus several big add ons, will likely be accepted. 

Whether true or not I think a big thing for me with our centre backs is succession planning. Wes, as a top flight regular starting centre back (as much as it pains me to say) is probably finished. Big Harry is being looked at by every top club in the northern hemisphere. And as good as Evens is, he doesn’t scream long termism. 

This is a guy I’ve heard positive things about, although being touted as the next John Stones as a positive is debatable I suppose! 

We need to seriously look at this area of the squad. Getting someone like this in would be ideal. Not going to demand game time but will be ready to step in to a void next season. Burnley did something very similar with James Tarkowski. 

Would be happy with this

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Brentford fans rate him extremely highly. 

Starting to see why we are interested if their reviews are anything to go by. 

They say he is very composed, can pass, bring it out from the back, and is very quick for a CB. 

They rate him higher than Mawson and believe he will be their Sessegnon! They don't want to sell, but believe an offer of £15m plus several big add ons, will likely be accepted. 

Sort of profile that would should be looking at. Come here as third choice to Maguire and Evans and get a fair amount of games. 6,3", quick, composed, that's a lot to work with. 

18 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Based on my logging in for the first time in 90 minutes and seeing this new name in the transfer thread, I can confirm that we need to get him in asap. 

This. I’ve never heard of the guy before this thread was created but I’ve decided if this doesn’t go through then Rudkin needs to go imo

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

Not questioning the validity Ric, just saying that unless it's substantiated, it shouldn't have its own thread. Don't get that for other ITK's

It’ll be substantiated. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

He's tidy, but that is a lot. Frustrating for the likes of Johnson, Knight and Hughes if true.

But that would give us 4 young CB's all with the potential to kick on to big things. That's not including Maguire either. 

1 hour ago, MPH said:

He does sound eerily similar to Maguire. His long term replacement maybe? Signing with a view of the batton being passed next summer?

That's the scent I get off this.    mcgruff.JPG.cfc34b3a2060b81b17c1c01879012eaf.JPG

But we'd be buying Sheffield Maguire, not Hull Maguire.  Pretty risky to think he could be ready in a year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

He's tidy, but that is a lot. Frustrating for the likes of Johnson, Knight and Hughes if true.

If any of those had similar potential we probably wouldn't be trying to buy this lad.

History tells us that the likely career path of Johnson, Knight and Hughes will be probably League One players when they're 27yo. I've not seen much of any of them so it isn't a judgement based on my opinion of their playing ability but statistically very few players come through academies to be PL footballers.

• Like 1