Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Loan watch 2018-19

24 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

That's with his weaker foot too :wub:

Next season, I really hope he is pushing for a start here, or at least being used from the bench. 

6 months in a low Barnsley team and a year in a competitive WBA team should really get him the experience he needs and help to get him to the level for the first team

• 2 weeks later...

Six Foxes In Line For Further Loan Action

All six of Leicester City's loan stars are preparing for a busy weekend of action in three different countries.

- Six Leicester City stars could feature for their loan clubs over the weekend
- Islam Slimani is in line to make his debut for Fenerbahçe in Turkey
- Academy graduates Harvey Barnes, Elliott Moore and Max Bramley could add to their reputations
- George Thomas and Daniel Iversen are also set for more Football League action

Islam Slimani's loan move to Turkish champions Fenerbahçe was confirmed last Sunday and his adopted club tackle Yeni Malatyaspor in the Süper Lig at Malatya Arena on Saturday (7:45pm BST kick-off).

Meanwhile, also on Saturday, Harvey Barnes will hope to continue his exceptional form for West Bromwich Albion when they host Queens Park Rangers in the Sky Bet Championship.

Barnes, 20, has already scored twice for Darren Moore's promotion chasers, who welcome Steve McClaren's winless Rs for a 3pm kick-off.

Fellow Academy graduate Elliott Moore, on the other hand, is likely to feature for Oud-Heverlee Leuven as they look to open up a gap at the top of Belgium's Proximus League.

The Leuven club, managed by Nigel Pearson, have yielded four points from their opening two games, following last weekend's 2-1 win at Royale Union Saint-Gilloise, when Moore scored.

They tackle Beerschot Wilrijk at King Power at Den Dreef Stadium on Sunday (3pm BST kick-off).

In League 1, George Thomas can add to his appearances tally for Scunthorpe United at Stadium of Light when the Yorkshire side face Sunderland on Sunday (3pm BST kick-off).

Goalkeepers Daniel Iversen and Max Bramley are also in line to appear when their sides run out over the weekend.

Iversen's Oldham come up against Macclesfield at home, while Bramley's Telford United travel to Spennymoor Town (both 3pm BST kick-offs on Saturday).

Check back to LCFC.com early next week to discover how they fare!

https://www.lcfc.com/news/818373/six-foxes-in-line-for-further-loan-action

I say we recall Harvey Barnes in January (if we can, some folks on here said we can) and get him some first team PT. We could go:

Vardy
Barnes -- Maddison -- Gray 
           Ndidi -- Mendy/Silva/Choud
Chil -- Mag -- Soyuncu -- Pereira

At this point, with this team, I am not wholly certain where we strengthen in the winter transfer window. The one place that makes sense would be RB so as to free up Pereira to move to wing if Gray is underperforming. But I think that dynamism we saw from the Gray/Chil pairing vs. Man U, we could have that on both sides if we brought in Barnes to pair with Chilwell on the left and got Gray and Pereira used to playing with one another. 

In any event, Barnes appears ready to try playing in the Prem. Speaking of which, JFC we need to sell some players. The winter transfer window should afford us some opportunities to move some of the starting-quality players we have riding the bench. Could use that money for a new RB, or perhaps a new striker if that looks a need. We are very close to being a special team on paper, but we are going to need a couple superstars. If we cannot develop them, we need to buy them. 

26 minutes ago, vanity said:

I say we recall Harvey Barnes in January (if we can, some folks on here said we can) and get him some first team PT. We could go:

Vardy
Barnes -- Maddison -- Gray 
           Ndidi -- Mendy/Silva/Choud
Chil -- Mag -- Soyuncu -- Pereira

At this point, with this team, I am not wholly certain where we strengthen in the winter transfer window. The one place that makes sense would be RB so as to free up Pereira to move to wing if Gray is underperforming. But I think that dynamism we saw from the Gray/Chil pairing vs. Man U, we could have that on both sides if we brought in Barnes to pair with Chilwell on the left and got Gray and Pereira used to playing with one another. 

In any event, Barnes appears ready to try playing in the Prem. Speaking of which, JFC we need to sell some players. The winter transfer window should afford us some opportunities to move some of the starting-quality players we have riding the bench. Could use that money for a new RB, or perhaps a new striker if that looks a need. We are very close to being a special team on paper, but we are going to need a couple superstars. If we cannot develop them, we need to buy them. 

We wasted half a season of his development by bringing him back from loan last January and then not using him. Also, why are you looking at bringing in a new RB when youve got Pereira playing there in your formation?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, nwl fox said:

We wasted half a season of his development by bringing him back from loan last January and then not using him. Also, why are you looking at bringing in a new RB when youve got Pereira playing there in your formation?

Bc of how strong Pereira is on the wing. Which is where I'd prefer to see him, opposite Gray, something Puel has noticed and been toying with since the preseason. 

And if Barnes continues dominating the Prem, we could use his creativity after seeing how easily we were stifled when Wolves kept Maddison off the ball. Two players with that sort of attacking creativity are far better than one, tho obv if we aren't going to play him, then sure, keep him in the championship. 

Edited by vanity

30 minutes ago, vanity said:

Bc of how strong Pereira is on the wing. Which is where I'd prefer to see him, opposite Gray, something Puel has noticed and been toying with since the preseason. 

And if Barnes continues dominating the Prem, we could use his creativity after seeing how easily we were stifled when Wolves kept Maddison off the ball. Two players with that sort of attacking creativity are far better than one, tho obv if we aren't going to play him, then sure, keep him in the championship. 

Ok i get that but then surely that means that in your formation you have a new rb, pereira moves to right wing and gray shifts back to the left side, in which case theres no point in bringing Barnes back from his loan.