Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Manchester United Away Pre Match Thread

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Will be tough but very much depends on their players mindset and whether or not they are playing for their manager. The unrest in their ranks is growing. 

And amongst their fans.  They are keeping a very low profile in Manchester at the moment. 

I hope Kelechi scores.  he should have settled in now, and hopefully he will get more game time this season.    

I'm not reading too much into all this Jose's lost the team stuff. There is no real evidence for this and he was like this last season too and they did pretty well. Whatever team they put out will be more than decent. Their attack is far better than our defence and I'm still not sure we have enough creative ability in the team to be able to break them down.

I'd be ecstatic with a point but suspect it will be similar to last season. Our record there is absolutely terrible. Haven't we only won 6 times at Old Trafford in the league in our entire history, or something like that.

I'd be surprised if we set up anything other than an ultra defensive 4-5-1 with whoever plays up front pretty isolated for much of the match. Our full backs won't be able to get forward much as the space left behind will just be exploited by the pace of their front players.

They do have a few injuries and maybe one or two of their world cup players won't feature.

9 hours ago, roblcfc84 said:

I am certain it will be;

Kasper

Peireira

Evans

Maguire

Chilwell

Silva

Ndidi

Albrighton

Maddison

Gray

Nacho

I’m kinda hoping it’ll be this. I’d prefer Diabate not to be starting and think Vardy fitness may be a bit of a smokescreen tbh. I actually think I’ll go mental though if peireira is playing on the wing with Amartey in the RB role. We have enough players now for round pegs in round holes.

I do wonder if Puel will take advantage of the unknown element and give Ghezzal a debut 10 mins but it may be too bigger stage away from home at Old Trafford.

26 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I actually think I’ll go mental though if peireira is playing on the wing with Amartey in the RB role.

I'd be very surprised if we didn't line up like this:

GK. Schmeichel

RB. Amartey

CB. Morgan

CB. Maguire

LB. Chilwell

RM. Pereira

CM. Iborra

CM. Ndidi 

LM. Albrighton

CAM. Maddison

ST. Vardy

Not the team I'd pick myself but think that's what Puel will go for. I just want to see us get in their faces from the word go.

Edited by Fosse93
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Fosse93 said:

GK. Schmeichel

RB. Amartey

CB. Morgan

CB. Maguire

LB. Chilwell

RM. Pereira

CM. Iborra

CM. Ndidi 

LM. Albrighton

CAM. Maddison

ST. Vardy

I think you're about right, but I think Iheanacho will start. Maybe Vardy to come off the bench later on if needed. 

Edited by rn9013

11 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

GK. Schmeichel

RB. Amartey

CB. Morgan

CB. Maguire

LB. Chilwell

RM. Pereira

CM. Iborra

CM. Ndidi 

LM. Albrighton

CAM. Maddison

ST. Vardy

Not the team I'd pick myself but think that's what Puel will go for. I just want to see us get in their faces from the word go.

As above, this team, but with Nacho to start and Vardy on the bench. Harry presumably will be a bit ahead in terms of match fitness than Vardy seeing he played so much more over the world cup. Sounds like there is some optimism that Evans might start, but even then might benefit more from having a familiar partnership at the back for the first match back and against such tough opposition.

I think it would be pushing it to get a win today, but would love Big H to get another last gasp equaliser against them!