Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Manchester United Away Pre Match Thread

Looks like Amartey might play right back with Ricardo playing in midfield. With Albrighton on the left, it shows how quickly a 4231 formation can soon become a more negative 4411. I think he’ll opt for Iborra ahead of silva for his physical presence even though he has been woeful all pre season. 

If Evans isn’t fit, we have to risk Maguire IMO. 

20 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Can't wait for this now, we could come away with a draw and maybe sneak the 3 points if Nacho carries through his form.

Iheanacho could score 3..but our defence will let in more! 

Benny and Wes as CB's!!.. What a nightmare. 

Amartey at RB?..so we've bought Pereira so he can play elsewhere?.. WTF? 

8 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Looks like Amartey might play right back with Ricardo playing in midfield. With Albrighton on the left, it shows how quickly a 4231 formation can soon become a more negative 4411. I think he’ll opt for Iborra ahead of silva for his physical presence even though he has been woeful all pre season. 

If Evans isn’t fit, we have to risk Maguire IMO. 

Make sense that. Keep it tight and protect that back 4. I'm sure pereira will be moved to RB for the wolves game. 

13 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

What will their team be?

Probably:

De Gea 

Valencia

Bailly

Lindelof 

Shaw

Fred 

Fellaini 

Pogba 

Lingard

Lukaku 

Sanchez

39 minutes ago, Koke said:

Probably:

De Gea 

Valencia

Bailly

Lindelof 

Shaw

Fred 

Fellaini 

Pogba 

Lingard

Lukaku 

Sanchez

Not massively scared of that. There's some quality there but with off season rust we know they can be poor

17 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I doubt we'll give our u23 right back his first team debut against United as centre half. I assume Evans will still be injured. And Maguire probably won't be match fit. It's going to be Benny and Wes. And unless we sign a right winger I reckon we'll play Richardo at right wing. Albrighton had a shocker but he did pass to Iheanancho for his first. And he may be more fit than Gray. Iborra hasn't impressed. Silva's been better.

Kasper

Amartey Wes Benny Chilwell

Pereira Ndid Silva Albrighton

Maddison

Iheancho

I'd prefer Choudhury to Silva to better protect Wes and Benny but I doubt it'll happen.

I fear that back 4 would be utterly mullered...

Amartey, Benny Hill, Wes, Chillers....

:surrender:

Edited by Col city fan
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Not much choice available if Maguire isn’t ready though. 

Could play Ricky at RB. A youngster at CB. Or an aging LB. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

It'll be disappointing if Fellaini, Pogba, Lingard and Lukaku start and Maguire and Vardy don't. 

I think once it becomes clear their WC players are going to play, it will be more difficult for Puel not to play them. 

Personally given Iheanacho's form I'd be happy for Vardy to start on the bench, given our defence at the minute it's a much bigger priority that Maguire plays. 

May not happen but I still haven't given up hope we could see Maguire & Evans tbh. 

22 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

I think once it becomes clear their WC players are going to play, it will be more difficult for Puel not to play them. 

Personally given Iheanacho's form I'd be happy for Vardy to start on the bench, given our defence at the minute it's a much bigger priority that Maguire plays. 

May not happen but I still haven't given up hope we could see Maguire & Evans tbh. 

Definitely think that Evans will start. 

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

Really?

lol Yeah, I agree, we could be taken apart.

Only went for 1-2 so I could be smug in the post match thread along with the other 5 people who predicted we'd win.

However, we really don't know who's starting yet so it is difficult to predict at this point.

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

It'll be disappointing if Fellaini, Pogba, Lingard and Lukaku start and Maguire and Vardy don't. 

Ah but according to peeps in the other thread, our boys need 3 week’s hols rather than 2, otherwise they’ll be sad ? 

I do agree though that with Nacho in such good form, he should start anyway.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Not sure what choice we have, regarding the centre halfs anyway. I'd feel safer with both Hamza and Ndidi in front of them.

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Ah but according to peeps in the other thread, our boys need 3 week’s hols rather than 2, otherwise they’ll be sad ? 

I do agree though that with Nacho in such good form, he should start anyway.

I didn’t see a problem with John Stones playing for Man City today? Or Kyle Walker?

;)

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I didn’t see a problem with John Stones playing for Man City today? Or Kyle Walker?

;)

Slight difference is that if they look jaded then they can bring in a squad of world class players later in the Winter or Season...

I cannot quite see that we can ease them in gently or rest them which is part of the issue as our squad is thin outside the starting 11 imo

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

plenty of World Cup semi finalists playing at Wembley today ........  no way will vardy and Maguire not feature on Friday night.  

Yes, if they're not there you'd have to question their commitment. Vardy was hardly overworked for England but did get an injury. Maguire is a centre back and at 80% of full fitness he's got to be better than the alternatives. They've had plenty of rest. As you say, if Chelsea and Man City players are available plus most of United,  then if ours aren't it's shocking.