Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Manchester United Away Pre Match Thread

43 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Slight difference is that if they look jaded then they can bring in a squad of world class players later in the Winter or Season...

I cannot quite see that we can ease them in gently or rest them which is part of the issue as our squad is thin outside the starting 11 imo

Yes and that’s our own fault. We’ve just sold Mahrez for 60/70 million and look like starting with Wes and Benny Hill at CB against Man Utd at old Trafford. If our squad is paper thin, the club must get off their arse and get it sorted.

I say again... Morgan was past it LAST season, let alone this one.

• Like 3

The issue with playing players at 80% fitness is that they are more susceptible to injury - one mistimed tackle could potentially see us lose Maguire for the rest of the season.

It really isn't worth the risk for the sake of a game that we'll probably lose even at full strength.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 2

Neither are going to get match fit unless they play games. If they come in against Wolves, yes they’ve had a few days extra training but they’ve had longer without any competitive football. 

Maguire should start, he’s only been out the game for 3 weeks so shouldn’t need too much physical fitness work. Vardy on the bench because he hasn’t played many minutes at all since the end of last season and he’s been injured in that time. 

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Neither are going to get match fit unless they play games. If they come in against Wolves, yes they’ve had a few days extra training but they’ve had longer without any competitive football. 

Maguire should start, he’s only been out the game for 3 weeks so shouldn’t need too much physical fitness work. Vardy on the bench because he hasn’t played many minutes at all since the end of last season and he’s been injured in that time. 

Looks like you can say the same about Lingard, Pogba and Lukaku.

Be handy if those three don't feature on Friday.

2 hours ago, breadandcheese said:

If we start with that rumoured dreaded back four, surely heads must roll in the recruitment department.

Not ideal but with Evans and Maguire apparently not available and Pereira filling in further up the pitch. it's not as bad as it looks at first glance

21:06

FULL-TIME

Bayern Munich 1-0 Man Utd

Manchester United end their pre-season campaign with defeat after a lacklustre performance lacking any cutting edge.

Leicester might just fancy their chances at Old Trafford on Friday.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Not ideal but with Evans and Maguire apparently not available and Pereira filling in further up the pitch. it's not as bad as it looks at first glance

Maybe, but I look at it as not having appropriate replacements in the squad such that Perreira is pushed to right wing and not having signed another centre back when it's clear we probably need to.

2 hours ago, Buce said:

The issue with playing players at 80% fitness is that they are more susceptible to injury - one mistimed tackle could potentially see us lose Maguire for the rest of the season.

It really isn't worth the risk for the sake of a game that we'll probably lose even at full strength.

It's rare during a season that players play 100% fit all the time. Many carry injuries from one week to the next. Maguire if he's kept himself In reasonable condition with this week in training would be absolutely fine. I see Rashford on a team sheet up above. There were also players that turned out for the Charity  Shield that had been to the World Cup. If Maguire isn't about ready then he's been negligent. He a professional athlete paid a fortune and should at all times have himself I reasonable condition, particularly when he knows he only has a very ample 3 week break. I've seen or heard nothing to suggest he's not a dedicated individual. 

They feel vulnerable at the moment.

A very big pre-game week for them, to get a strong signing in defence that Mourinho wants.

Should go out all-attack and pull their pants down. Even a unlucky 1-0 defeat on them will send all the negative media attention on them.

If we a fully fit side I'd genuinely fancy us to get something as they're looking right in shape for a Mourinho implosion.

But we're missing players in crucial positions and that is going to kill our slim chances. There's just no way Morgan and Benalouane will keep them out. I'll be amazed.

4 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I feel vulnerable at the moment.

A very big pre-game week for them, to get a strong signing in defence that Mourinho wants.

Should go out all-attack and pull their pants down. Even a unlucky 1-0 defeat on them will send all the negative media attention on them.

This isn't the place for these sorts of things.  NHS direct maybe the best thing.