Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Manchester United Away Pre Match Thread

Its away match againts big team. Puel often opt with 2 dm (ndidi james) back then, so it could happened again, with choudhoury have a decent form. 

Kasper surely start, with pereira, Morgan, chilwell in the back. Another cb might be a amartey considering benalouane performance during pre season. 

2 cm will likely ndidi with choudhoury. 3 am of diabate, maddison/gray who's more fit, albrighton, considering ghezzal barely join. Hes likely start as sub

Vardy will be subbed in when nacho is not impressed 

I'm pretty content with all the other positions. The only position that worries me is Mahrez position. What are we going to do about that? I'd expect Man Utd to exploit that area of weakness and attack from there mostly. 

14 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Puel would only play wes and benny at the back if he thought the development squad options wernt better. If they were hed put them in. With mourinho slagging of utd, saying they will struggle, this is the best time to play them! 

Not having that at all. Dragovic was far better than Morgan he didnt get in or keep his place. He will still get in because of who is and what he has achieved for the club.

I honestly think players like Simmo have been phased out not only for style but because they controlled the dressing room much like Morgan does which was the playing power aspect of this.

Edited by les-tah

20 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Not having that at all. Dragovic was far better than Morgan he didnt get in or keep his place. He will still get in because of who is and what he has achieved for the club.

I honestly think players like Simmo have been phased out not only for style but because they controlled the dressing room much like Morgan does which was the playing power aspect of this.

Or maybe Dragovic didn't plan on staying so Puel wanted to work with players committed to the club?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

As has previously been pointed out, it's really frustrating that Maguire has been given so long off & Evans is injured. I think United are there for the taking defensively, but they'll still put 2 or 3 past our back 4. 

3-1. Maddison. 

our defense is still alot worse and their attacking line is so much better..  Its really hard to be confident going into this game.

Edited by les-tah

36 minutes ago, les-tah said:

So Simpson has been bombed out because he controls the dressing room, but Morgan will keep playing because he controls the dressing room... Doesn't make much sense.

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So Simpson has been bombed out because he controls the dressing room, but Morgan will keep playing because he controls the dressing room... Doesn't make much sense.

Just a hunch lol  think its how Puel plans to split up gang warfare..

10 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Just a hunch lol  think its how Puel plans to split up gang warfare..

He's been given the task of transitioning us away from the title winning team, whether that was specified or not, it was time to do so anyway and he's having to deal with it. The majority of this forum seemed to think so for the last year and more anyway. I don't think we need to read to much into it.

Kasper

Ricardo    Wes    Maguire    Chilwell

N'didi      Iborra

Diabate  Maddison  Albrighton

Iheancho

Bench: Ward, Benny, Amartey, Silva, Vardy, Rachid, Hamza/Fuchs

If we only have Gray, Okazki, Evans, Mendy to add the that squad (presuming all the others are let go) I'm a tad concerned as we're tragically light weight in attack.

Presuming Gray won't play any part and the England lads are at least in the squad.

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Puel said neither he or Vardy will. I'm not sure if this is a lie, however.

Puel also said we wouldn’t be signing anybody else last week and then we made a signing yesterday he’s playing mind games with Mourinho, Maguire will start on friday

Edited by kyleolly

1 minute ago, kyleolly said:

Puel also said we wouldn’t be signing anybody else last week and then we made a signing yesterday he’s playing mind games with Mourinho, Maguire will start on friday

In an interview Puel smiled when he said Mourinho is playing mind games. I suspect Puel is not adverse from doing the same. But I'm not sure if three weeks off without any pre season games will be enough for Maguire's fitness.

Simpson is getting bombed out because Puel wants his full backs to be able to play and he clearly can't. Every time we were behind last year he got taken off, he offered no support to Mahrez going forward at all.

Morgan is probably third choice CB at this point but you can't just get rid of all the leaders. Look at how much impact Huth had when he came in a couple of years ago, leadership is important especially in defence.

24 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

In an interview Puel smiled when he said Mourinho is playing mind games. I suspect Puel is not adverse from doing the same. But I'm not sure if three weeks off without any pre season games will be enough for Maguire's fitness.

He probably just didn't understand the question...