Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Manchester United Away Pre Match Thread

7 hours ago, THEREALKLG said:

Right. Stop being negative on here. Puel is our gaffer... back him. If you want the club to loose for him to get the sack, you are not a real fan. Up the citeh.

Given you a rep point as your correct. A word of advice though get used to the miserable feckers lol lol 

9 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I reckon this will be the team Fri: 

Kasper

Ricardo 

Maguire

Morgan

Chilwell

Ndidi

Iborra

Ghezzal

Maddison

Albrighton

Ihenancho 

No chance he will start this game. Far too early for him.

Will be Gray if fit or Diabate. Maybe even Ricardo in front of Amartey. 

This is not a season definer for me (duh!). I would happily give 2 points (heck, I would give away the full 3) if we show a little, just a sliver of advancement towards a better squad. 

I'm gonna be honest here, I have zero problem with us using this season as a foundation. The past 2 years were the equivalent of patching a decaying wall. Doped by few "sleight -of-hand" tricks. "look here! We sold Kante but mendy is just as small and just as black". "an Algerian RM you say? Old, humble Rudkin here got you covered!" 

A man once said "I'm tired, Robby!". It's getting unbareble how unorganised we seem. We buy clones of our best departed players and hope for the best, we spend big money on players who don't fit the system and panic buy as a miserable attempt to show that the club is doing something.  Sigh

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

No chance he will start this game. Far too early for him.

Will be Gray if fit or Diabate. Maybe even Ricardo in front of Amartey. 

This is Puel we're talking about not Pearson.

He may start Gray if fit but if not I reckon he'll go with Ghazzel 

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

I'm gonna be honest here, I have zero problem with us using this season as a foundation. The past 2 years were the equivalent of patching a decaying wall. Doped by few "sleight -of-hand" tricks. "look here! We sold Kante but mendy is just as small and just as black". "an Algerian RM you say? Old, humble Rudkin here got you covered!" 

A man once said "I'm tired, Robby!". It's getting unbareble how unorganised we seem. We buy clones of our best departed players and hope for the best, we spend big money on players who don't fit the system and panic buy as a miserable attempt to show that the club is doing something.  Sigh

Are we disorganised? I'd have thought our two big summer targets were Ricardo and Maddison and both were through the door early. I don't think Ghezzal is / needs to be a like-for-like replacement for Mahrez because the two aforementioned signings should spread the creativity about the squad. It was clear Evans was a long term target and he was also bought in with relatively little fuss, and we've flogged some absolute garbage and by all accounts wiped our face with Musa.

I don't think we're going to resort to panic buying and I'm not getting worked up by tabloid reports linking us to some pretty atrocious players.

A young centre half and another winger perhaps, and we're set. If we don't get either, I still think we can cope.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Are we disorganised?

Oh, absolutely! We don't have a blueprint for what we exactly we want to be. I get the need for a plan B but we should establish a solid plan A first. 

I'd have thought our two big summer targets were Ricardo and Maddison

Maddison should've not been our main target as the creative outlet. Outside of him not having enough experience, coming off an injury and the the expectations the side of a gigantic bolder to fill the gap Mahrez left. 

As for Ricardo, I fully agree! What a signing he is. My only gripe with the signing is the fact we waited until Mahrez was pretty much gone for us to move for a RB who can overlap effectively. 

should spread the creativity about the squad

We have no evidence (yet) that they will hit the ground running in the prem. Ricardo can do a job but the creative burden is thrown at Maddison. Which was proven to be a backbreaker if our only creative outlet is off form /injured. 

A young centre half and another winger perhaps, and we're set. If we don't get either, I still think we can cope

Let us hope. 

Edited by the fox

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

Oh, absolutely! We don't have a blueprint for what we exactly we want to be. I get the need for a plan B but we should establish a solid plan A first. 

Have to disagree there. I think that that's coming along under Claude – Rome wasn't built in a day. In general I think we've snagged our top targets early doors and he's put his foot down now with easing out players who aren't in his plans.

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

We have no evidence (yet) that they will hit the ground running in the prem. Ricardo can do a job but the creative burden is thrown at Maddison. Which was proven to be a backbreaker if our only creative outlet is off form /injured. 

Nobody has any evidence that anybody can hit the ground running in the Premier League unless they've played here already, and even then it isn't a cert. Buying from abroad doesn't make us disorganised. I think we're about there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Have to disagree there. I think that that's coming along under Claude – Rome wasn't built in a day. In general I think we've snagged our top targets early doors and he's put his foot down now with easing out players who aren't in his plans.

Nobody has any evidence that anybody can hit the ground running in the Premier League unless they've played here already, and even then it isn't a cert. Buying from abroad doesn't make us disorganised. I think we're about there.

Fair enough. 

There's a huge amount of recency bias occurring. We did our essential recruitment early, RB, CB and an AM were what we needed desperately and they're all significant coups considering the interest in them elsewhere. This biggest issue so far is trying to replace Riyad, there's no way we can sign a player as good as him so hopefully we've spread the creativity about in Maddison, Ghezzal and Pereira as replacements.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

I honestly think we will see Maguire and maybe even Vardy playing this Friday.

To be fair to Iheanacho, I think he may start with Vardy on the bench ready to come on 60mins in or so.

---------------------------Schmeichel-------------------------

Ricardo-------Maguire---------Evans----------Chilwell

Gray------------Silva------------N'didi----------Albrighton

-----------------------Maddison-------------------------------

---------------------------------Iheanacho--------------------

Vardy, Iborra and Diabate to be used from the bench. 

Got a nasty feeling Maguire will not be on our bench but theirs. I don't think he'll play in the game (for United) if nothing else to save a real fall out between clubs but I think our current fit back pair are looking like 2 achilles heels.  The rest of the team will run around, chase the ball, needlessly give it away and we will get beat by a poor United side who will themselves start the new season badly after we gift them 3 points. 

As you can see I am not hopeful for this one and with our start; we will be at or near the bottom after five to six games.  

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

To be fair to Iheanacho, I think he may start with Vardy on the bench ready to come on 60mins in or so.

Hope you are right …. really like that side with the Vardy off the bench option.

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Tbh I now almost expect Evans to play if it's true that he was back in training last week...

Maguire might not - but at least Evans/Morgan is less scary than Benny/Morgan. 

I agree with the rest of it - but I suspect he will go for Iborra to start instead of Silva. 

Which is a shame because I think Iborra has looked poor in pre-season but I think Puel will prefer to have a bigger player in the midfield, Mourinho's teams are always quite physically strong 

• Like 1

On 05/08/2018 at 01:37, RobHawk said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but for those like me who won't be attending the game, Sky have confirmed the game will be screened on sky 1. So if you have access to sky 1 but not sky sports, you'll still be able to watch it without pissing around with shitty streams

Thanks  for info. I was looking to see if it was on Skymix, (which I have access to) as well as Skysportsmain channel , didn’t think to look on sky 1, that’ll save me buying a day pass on NowTV .