Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Manchester United Away Pre Match Thread

Looking at how we played in Pre season I think CP is leaning towards the so called Christmas Tree formation.

Maguire and Vardy will probably start on the bench and Evans will be fit.

Benkovic probably to early for him to be involved but who knows?

That said I think we line up something like this.

Kasper

Pereira

Evans

Morgan

Chillwell

Iborra

Ndidi

Silva

Gray

Maddison

Iheanacho

Subs

Ward

Maguire

Fuchs

Diabate

Ghezzal

Vardy

Okazaki/Albrighton.

Edited by themightyfin
  • Like 2

This is such a great opportunity for us.

The atmosphere around Manchester United stinks. Mourinho is a Class A Tosser and is sucking the life out of the club. 

Meanwhile after today and the summer in general we’re buzzing. We’re cautiously looking forward to the season but United fans are dreading it.

Shame that it’s a World Cup year because with Vardy and Maguire fully fit I’d have us as favourites in these circumstances. Say what you like about Puel but his record against the top 6 is actually pretty good.

1 hour ago, Mehrez said:

Anyone know if Benny has travelled haven’t spotted him in any of the players insta’s

I don't think he has, Benny uploaded an instagram post of him outside a car with Mendy, at the exact same time the players were sitting down to dinner :mellow: unless his post was delayed, or they drove themselves to Manchester and was late.

Edited by brucey

Just now, brucey said:

I don't think he has, Benny uploaded an instagram post of him outside a car with Mendy, at the exact same time the players were sitting down to dinner :mellow: unless his post was delayed, or they drove themselves to Manchester and was late.

Yes just spotted that, I’m assuming he’s not there as he’s with Mendy who’s injured so wouldn’t be going to the game. Maguire & Evans/Benkovic I think 

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Kasper

Peireira  Evans  Maguire  Benny Wes  Soyuncu Benkovic  Chilwell

Ndidi

Iheanacho

Goals in that team 

• Like 1

Just need to be at them enough for Jose to lose his shit at halftime and fully demotivate his team for the 2nd half. I have a real Chelsea feeling for Jose this season. I think the squad will down tools and fuch him over - but only because he’s such a whinging cvnt. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Kasper

Peireira  Evans  Maguire  Benny Wes  Soyuncu Benkovic  Chilwell

Ndidi

Iheanacho

Only one defensive midfielder ?? could drop Iheanacho and slot Iborra in maybe :-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/08/09/jose-mourinho-left-frustrated-man-utd-refuse-pay-lesser-centre/

Harry Maguire was a genuine target although no progress was ever made with Leicester, and while it has proved impossible to change minds the softening of the club’s stance over time with Riyad Mahrez has given United some encouragement that it could be a long-term project.

Great, looking forward to a couple more transfer windows of this crap. :rolleyes:

45 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

I am certain it will be;

Kasper

Peireira

Evans

Maguire

Chilwell

Silva

Ndidi

Albrighton

Maddison

Gray

Nacho

Be very surprised if it isn't this tomorrow. Vardy to come off the bench around the 60th min too. 

It's a decent line-up, but I still think we will struggle against them. They're missing some big players though, which will help!

12 minutes ago, Mr Mister said:

A very tough game despite Man Utd's crisis. 

Will be tough but very much depends on their players mindset and whether or not they are playing for their manager. The unrest in their ranks is growing. 

Sanchez was strangely flat after joining them, a fish out of water, have a feeling he'll be back to his irritating, jammy, in yer face, ref controlling best / worst. The available Utd players will be looking to show Jose they are more than capable, which was probably part of his plan. 

For us as well as the new signings, Iheanacho and Silva will feel like new signings as I feel they were just starting to click as the season ended. Whatever formation and line up Puel selects I wouldn't read too much into it, I have a feeling he's going to adopt a horses for courses approach and take each game on its merits. 

Still feels too early for everyone, if it wasn't for season ticket holders I'd suggest a country wide boycott of the weekends PL games, star players have barely trained and have missed all of the friendlies but the season starts regardless - just hope there are no gambles leading to injuries.