Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

Just now, lgfualol said:

Need to find a way of playing him and Vardy. 

True but in a 2 striker system, Nacho will always need to drop back, to help link the play.

He’s better leading the line. 

Unfortunately until Vardy starts to decline, nachoman will always be 2nd choice. 

enjoyed his performances since returning from Russia.

Looks proper fired up and on the ball. His header today shows he's in form and got confidence to try things like that. Doesn't look like he needs any more games for pre-season, either. He's getting in the right places to get on the end of crosses or chances and today was proof.

Just hope he doesn't get injured between now and Friday! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Need to find a way of playing him and Vardy. 

Going to be very tricky. Both thrive playing up front, I don't see how we can integrate Vardy when Iheanacho is on the pitch and vice versa.

I guess you could try placing Iheanacho just behind Vardy, that has worked before.

But with that 4-2-3-1 we've used so far, only one place for a striker at a time.

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Drop our 20 goal a season striker. Good idea lads

Exactly.

Let’s not act as though Vardy has no right to walk back into this team. Nacho will be the man, but right now it’s Vardy.

Nacho and Vardy were linking well at the end of last season. I’m not sure we’ll do it every game but I’m sure you can get Maddison, Vardy and Nacho all in the same team without losing our shape. Probably more for teams that park the bus than the top 6 but it’s a potential option. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

4-4-2 diamond is the only way to have him, Vardy and Maddison playing at the same time without being out of position. There's also the 3-5-2 (lol).

Don’t think 4-4-2 would be a consistent formation for us next season, given our lack of options upfront . 

Slimani & Ulloa will surely be leaving, which means there will be no back up for Vardy/Iheanacho bar Shinji. 

Edited by Shane

2 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I can't see the original post that brought this conversation about. Was it deleted? 

Looks like it’s been deleted. By who and why I have no idea as I wasn't trolling/lying but basically puel wanted Vardy out. I assume this will get deleted though.