Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

12 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Would help as well if we had a couple of wingers who can get past defenders and in to the box, he isn’t the type of forward who is really going to attack crosses and be clinical from them but cut it back or put it to his feet and he’ll get plenty 

Yeah, agree.

I agree that Kelechi is quite a clinical finisher. But the problem with him, for me, is what does he offer if he’s not in a team creating lots of chances for him?

He’s not particularly good at making his own chances. He doesn’t base his game on running into channels and pressuring from the front. And he isn’t much in the air.

Iheanacho would look good I reckon in a free flowing side, creating lots of opportunities where his role is solely to finish them off. 

But here at Leicester we aren’t like that so he needs to offer more.

Either we don’t play To Iheanacho’s strengths or he hasn’t learnt to adapt?

Whichever, there’s something wrong.

• Like 4

Kelechi didn't really want to come to Leicester, that's why it took a long time to sign him, he waited to see if any big clubs would counter Leicester offer, but no other were interested in him. So he had no choice, Pep wanted to get rid, no other big showed any sign they wanted him, so he had little option but to sign for us.

1 hour ago, Crispin LA said:

Kelechi didn't really want to come to Leicester, that's why it took a long time to sign him, he waited to see if any big clubs would counter Leicester offer, but no other were interested in him. So he had no choice, Pep wanted to get rid, no other big showed any sign they wanted him, so he had little option but to sign for us.

Speculation? Or any evidence?

I only ask because I cant believe any player doesnt see Leicester as an ideal club to join

2 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

Yeah, that and the small matter that someone else owned his imagine rights and that didn’t get sorted for a few weeks.

• Like 1

Why does there seem to always be one player that we have to say has "won a competition" to play for us or something along those lines. It's disgraceful the way some of you talk about players. No one deserves that kind of shit.

He made some good runs and shown intent but his confidence is shot to bits at the minute. He will get alot better. 

We have alot of easy on the eye players behind the forward (ghezzal, maddison, gray) but we seriously lack a direct pacey threat, kind of like what lloyd Dyer was for us in the Championship winning season. Not at all skilful but, just a sheer threat that always allowed others into play because of how quickly he would make something happen. If we could find a really quick, aggressive player to go with them 3 and allow them into play then i think we would see more results. We aren't far off being a really good team but what we do lack is really showing atm.

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

Why does there seem to always be one player that we have to say has "won a competition" to play for us or something along those lines.

I completely agree with this, to enter a competition it usually involves some kind of effort and we all know that shit isn’t happening here.

• Haha 2

I wouldn’t boo a player but wouldn’t stop anyone who does. I understand he’s isolated and low on confidence but the lest we ask it to put some effort in. Everything he does is half-hearted. The reason you would never see Vardy or Albrighton getting booed off is because they give it 100% every game

• Like 1

Really let down by Ghezzal tonight. How many times did he get the ball up top, look for support and see Ghezzal slowly plodding forward forcing him to go back to the CMs or just try a low probability shot or take on. He doesn't help himself but he's being hung out to dry here

3 minutes ago, ketteringscott said:

It literally was a little bit, he is the laziest player I have ever seen.

Mmmm, Yakubu was lazy but got away with it because he scored.

Unfortunately when you not very good, you need to put a shift in, could do with watch a few videos of Vardy in his early City days

Couldn't believe my ears hearing hundreds of fans chanting for Shinji to replace him, like trading a blunt knife for a rusty spoon. 

Another bad game tonight but christ our fans are embarrassing, what do they hope to gain by jeering and booing our own player as he's walking off? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Mmmm, Yakubu was lazy but got away with it because he scored.

Unfortunately when you not very good, you need to put a shift in, could do with watch a few videos of Vardy in his early City days

May be we have been spoilt with vardy, even if he plays bad he gives it everything. It just drives me mad when the goalkeeper or centre back has the ball and he is 5 yards away and doesn't even move towards them

18 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Don’t boo the lad but ****ing hell he gets worse each week doesn’t he.

I don't understand why he's getting worse when we have this great manager, with such incredible vision and a long term plan, who isn't making him even better on the training ground.

Answers on a postcard...

• Haha 2