Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

11 hours ago, brucey said:

If Chelsea were looking to buy him for 50 mil, wouldn't you guys buy him back at 37.5 mil and immediately sell him again for an instant profit?

Maybe. From what I remember his buyback is more like £50m anyway. I'd be a bit surprised if Kelechi is worth more than that at any point before the clause expires, whenever that is. 

8 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Maybe. From what I remember his buyback is more like £50m anyway. I'd be a bit surprised if Kelechi is worth more than that at any point before the clause expires, whenever that is. 

We’ve just paid 12 million for a back up keeper,

25 million for a championship player,

i think the way inflation is/has going that with his age aswell 50 mill will seem as much as 25 mill does now in 3 years time or so

10 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Can’t have him and Vardy in the same line up, you lose creativity that an extra winger /midfielder brings.

Start who’s ever in form, It’ll keep them fresh and competitive.

LOL!! we have just lost our most creative winger of course they can be in the same lineup, when they do play together they link up well, with Maddison in behind it would add the creativity 

13 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Drop our 20 goal a season striker. Good idea lads

I didn't say drop Vardy. Like I said in another thread we need to play both of them together. But yeah, the post you quoted, I will be disappointed if Iheanacho has to drop deeper when Vardy comes back.

Eh? I didn’t quote you mate. I quoted the guy that thinks Vardy hasn’t done enough to warrant his place which I’m astounded by. Great to see Nacho doing well and if Puel can find a way to integrate all of Kel, Vardy and Maddison I feel we could be in for a great season

5 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Got to work Kelechi, Vardy and J-Mad into the team. Three best attacking options. Reeks of diamond doesn’t it. 

With our wide options being fairly weak it definitely does. Never been a big fan of it as a formation as it can be quite hard to break down teams when you’re so narrow but if there’s a way I’d be interested to see us give it a go

34 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Can’t have him and Vardy in the same line up, you lose creativity that an extra winger /midfielder brings.

Start who’s ever in form, It’ll keep them fresh and competitive.

Tbh I think we need to work out how to get them both playing well together. Vardy is obviously top boy here but we know Nacho is a really good finisher. If these guys could click together then they would be such a dangerous force.

Clutching at straws maybe but what about a 4-3-3 formation with a front three of:

RW. Iheanacho

ST. Vardy

LW. Maddison

Maddison could be our Coutinho/Eriksen type player, they are often deployed on the left of a three but drift centrally more often than not.

Edited by Fosse93

2 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Clutching at straws maybe but what about a 4-3-3 formation with a front three of:

RW. Iheanacho

ST. Vardy

LW. Maddison

Don’t wanna nullify Maddison’s threat by sticking him out wide and damaging his confidence. Or Nacho for that matter 

2 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

RW. Iheanacho

ST. Vardy

LW. Maddison

Personally wouldn’t want Maddison anywhere but CAM he’s a number 10 not a winger 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Don’t wanna nullify Maddison’s threat by sticking him out wide and damaging his confidence. Or Nacho for that matter 

Yeah it was just an idea, the preferred formation would be 3-5-2 but reckon that's merely a pipe dream now.

15 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

With our wide options being fairly weak it definitely does. Never been a big fan of it as a formation as it can be quite hard to break down teams when you’re so narrow but if there’s a way I’d be interested to see us give it a go

Ricardo is a big step in that direction. We just need a bloody good attacking left back. I have faith in Wilf to cover either side, as the sitting midfielder, just don’t see Chilwell as that man for the left. 

37 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

LOL!! we have just lost our most creative winger of course they can be in the same lineup, when they do play together they link up well, with Maddison in behind it would add the creativity 

You sacrifice too much tactically playing two strikers, another man in midfield can sure it up or add some possession which can lead to opportunities created.

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

You sacrifice too much tactically playing two strikers, another man in midfield can sure it up or add some possession which can lead to opportunities created.

We are not exactly full of goals from midfield so having the two most lethal finishers on the pitch wouldn't do us any harm.

17 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Tbh I think we need to work out how to get them both playing well together. Vardy is obviously top boy here but we know Nacho is a really good finisher. If these guys could click together then they would be such a dangerous force.

Both to me are best as being out and out strikers, but in the modern game it’s hard to play both at the same time.

Maddison is at no.10 so can’t see iheanacho playing there anymore 

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

We are not exactly full of goals from midfield so having the two most lethal finishers on the pitch wouldn't do us any harm.

I’m just saying an extra man is needed for us to control the game. There is no point having two strikers on the pitch if you can’t get them the ball in the first place. 

Look at last season, Vardy was feeding off scraps, I don’t want to see that happen again.