Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Did you see the Lille game? Ben Chilwell was incredible! Personally I’d give him MOTM he was faultless in both attack and defence. Nacho’s second goal came from his cross after a 2v1 overload between him and Albrighton against their right back. 

Chilwell is young and inconsistent but is getting better. We should get behind the guy - he’s literally a Leicester lad!

He had a good game yesterday and will only get better, we should persist with him and give him another season down the left see what type of player he is come the end of the season.

38 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Did you see the Lille game? Ben Chilwell was incredible! Personally I’d give him MOTM he was faultless in both attack and defence. Nacho’s second goal came from his cross after a 2v1 overload between him and Albrighton against their right back. 

Chilwell is young and inconsistent but is getting better. We should get behind the guy - he’s literally a Leicester lad!

nope! 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Both to me are best as being out and out strikers, but in the modern game it’s hard to play both at the same time.

Maddison is at no.10 so can’t see iheanacho playing there anymore 

Only formation that would fit them all in would be a diamond formation but that would make us way too narrow and we’re not good enough to be playing that sort of formation imo.

10 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Only formation that would fit them all in would be a diamond formation but that would make us way too narrow and we’re not good enough to be playing that sort of formation imo.

Exactly, so we can’t play them both 

Iheanacho sees himself as a No10 and we can't afford to play two out and out strikers. I think it's easy to get all three of Vardy, Maddison and Iheanacho in the team. The three behind Vardy will play narrow in a 4-2-3-1 and the full backs will be expected to supply the width and get past the attacking midfielders when they can so try to visualise this formation for where the players are expected to patrol on the pitch:

Vardy

Gray Iheanacho Maddison

Ndidi Silva

Chilwell      Evans      Maguire      Pereira

Schmeichel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I did and he was very good. Against a bad side in a friendly. But I hear you and I hope he can grow and progress. 

Have been a bit pissed off about the players we're likely to be without against Man Utd considering that if we had our full team I'd have actually fancied us to possibly get something due to the situation they seem to be in - on the verge of a potential implosion.

But Iheanacho's form in both pre-season and the end of last year makes me a bit less worried about Vardy being unavailable. I've been quite scathing of Iheanacho so far but he's in very decent form. You cannot knock his finishing. That header last night was brilliant.

On 05/08/2018 at 13:21, Dan LCFC said:

Have been a bit pissed off about the players we're likely to be without against Man Utd considering that if we had our full team I'd have actually fancied us to possibly get something due to the situation they seem to be in - on the verge of a potential implosion.

But Iheanacho's form in both pre-season and the end of last year makes me a bit less worried about Vardy being unavailable. I've been quite scathing of Iheanacho so far but he's in very decent form. You cannot knock his finishing. That header last night was brilliant.

I so want him to start scoring... scoring his first half chance last night would have been huge for him.  Face it we have two strikers -we need him to click

Thought he was ok last night. His movement isn’t great and tends to end up running into the same space that the player with the ball is running into to. Give him the ball in the box though and he comes alive.

Everything points to 3-5-2. Best of both then.

• Like 3

He's struggling badly to fit in to how we play and I don't think he and Vardy can play in the same team. They effectively want to play in the same space but Vardy is 20x better than him.

He's too slow and lightweight as well. Also I have to question his workrate which at times appears lacklustre.

Seriously concerned if Vardy gets injured as I don't see Iheanacho getting more than about 5 or 6 goals a season.

25million looks like another waste of money but he's still young so maybe he can improve.

• Like 1

Still second best to Vardy by a country mile, says a lot going into our fifth season back in the Prem that we rely for most of our goals on one striker but at the same time, the style Puel plays means that goal chances are going to be few and far between.

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I know it probably sounds like an absolutey mental idea to the likes of you but how about showing a little bit of paitence lads?

He's 21 and was playing against the best defence in the country last night. On top of that he had a good end to last season and a good pre season. Maybe give him oh I don't know 5 starts this season before writing off another one of our promising young players as a championship player lol

What the hell is all this "patience lads" stuff? First Ghazzel and now Nacho's first game of the new season. I miss the days when we decided a 19 year old Harvey Barnes was rubbish after less than 45 minutes of a league cup match. No nonsense stuff.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, reynard said:

He's struggling badly to fit in to how we play and I don't think he and Vardy can play in the same team. They effectively want to play in the same space but Vardy is 20x better than him.

He's too slow and lightweight as well. Also I have to question his workrate which at times appears lacklustre.

Seriously concerned if Vardy gets injured as I don't see Iheanacho getting more than about 5 or 6 goals a season.

25million looks like another waste of money but he's still young so maybe he can improve.

I thought him and vardy were just starting to click end off last season they were fantastic against spurs ,maybe a few more games together and it will come good 

I like him a lot. He wasn't great yesterday but then he was isolated more often than not which is a tactical flaw. To write his season off after one game against a United side who can defend if nothing else is laughable.

What I will say though is that I really think he should take a leaf out of Vardy's book and add some aggression to his game. Vardy didn't get a touch for about 8 minutes after coming on so what does he do? Steams in to Shaw and let's them know about his presence in the game. From that point United's defence were constantly worried about him.

I know it's hard to change your personality but I really think if Nacho could add a bit of Vardy-esque aggression and hyperactivity to his game he'd find himself less on the periphery. What I love about JV is that he gets stuck in, he can't stand to not be involved.

• Like 4

It's funny how you can go to the same game as other people and see completely different things. 

I thought he was alright tbh, I just thought they defended mostly very well. 

He worked hard, he's just not as fast as Vardy, he put his body about and was giving defenders and midfielders a hard time, he helped defend. 

The chance he had in the first half he created almost entirely for himself with a great touch and then was very unlucky to miss from a ridiculous angle. 

Given its his, what, maybe sixth premier league start for us spread over 12 months? At Old Trafford? Against a team better than us but still parking the bus? With an inexperienced midfield setting him up who have never played together before? 

Did fine tbh. 

• Like 4

I think that when you look at the chances he had yesterday, there were times when he took to long to shoot and gave the defenders a chance to get a tackle in. Compare that to Vardys reaction for his goal, that's the difference.