Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Ricardo Pereira

Thought he was our MOTM.

Haven't seen the goals back yet and from the away end it's hard to see what exactly happened but I thought he looked good. Not only going forward but doubling up to help Amartey.

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

Play him in his true position please. For these games where we need protection I would rather play Sharky in front of him. 

This

if he was bought as a right midfîeld/winger then why buy Ghezzal? We needed a right back. He is a right back. An overlapping right back. Let’s play him in his position and tactics that suit him and chilwell getting forward which is what they do best. 

sort it out claude - tried in pre season and first competitive fixture - bin it now! 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This

if he was bought as a right midfîeld/winger then why buy Ghezzal? We needed a right back. He is a right back. An overlapping right back. Let’s play him in his position and tactics that suit him and chilwell getting forward which is what they do best. 

sort it out claude - tried in pre season and first competitive fixture - bin it now! 

We had more options to play at right wing last night than right back.

I'm sure he will be right back /wing back eventually (if not that leaves us with Amartey and the publicly rejected Simpson) but why not last night?

4 hours ago, Everygamefox said:

And kasper should have saved it

What? No chance of saving that because of how Shaw took the shot. Standard that people blame Kasper. You only have to look at the reaction to the save from Lukaku compared to the De Gea's easier ones, to see how easily people are influenced by 'pundits'.

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Thought he was our MOTM.

Haven't seen the goals back yet and from the away end it's hard to see what exactly happened but I thought he looked good. Not only going forward but doubling up to help Amartey.

The first touch or lack of has absolutely done him. He wasn’t expecting that and that’s what done him. 

5 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

What? No chance of saving that because of how Shaw took the shot. Standard that people blame Kasper. You only have to look at the reaction to the save from Lukaku compared to the De Gea's easier ones, to see how easily people are influenced by 'pundits'.

Wouldn’t say no chance. It went right under his body. Good finish of course and wasn’t going to be an easy save but to say no chance is a bit ott. Deep down Kasper would’ve expected to have got something on that. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Wouldn’t say no chance. It went right under his body. Good finish of course and wasn’t going to be an easy save but to say no chance is a bit ott. Deep down Kasper would’ve expected to have got something on that. 

Would he? I doubt it. Considering how where Shaw struck the ball from, a keeper wouldn't have a chance to set himself. And again, the position of the ball makes it very difficult to get anything on. If it goes under your body from that distance, then short of being much, bigger he can't get anything on it. His arm would have to go in an entirely unnatural position.

I was very impressed with Pereira and I think he'll be a great asset, either as a right winger or hopefully as a RB. We're obviously a little short at right midfield so I'd like to see Albrighton tried there with Pereira overlapping. Either way, I think we have a very good and talented player on our hands. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

I was very impressed with Pereira and I think he'll be a great asset, either as a right winger or hopefully as a RB. We're obviously a little short at right midfield so I'd like to see Albrighton tried there with Pereira overlapping. Either way, I think we have a very good and talented player on our hands. 

Think that's an ideal pairing for now because Albrighton will bring balance to that side of the pitch. Plus it opens up more space for him to deliver the ball if Ricardo is bombing on.

7 hours ago, Everygamefox said:

And kasper should have saved it

Harsh to blame Kasper.  It was point blank through his legs.

Ricardo, who otherwise had an excellent game, was in a congested central area holding hands with Wes and Harry and Rashid didn't track his runner leaving Shaw all on his own.  

From what I can gather Albrighton isn’t fully fit he had an injury during preseason so he missed a few games . Ghezzal had literally been here a couple of days and Diabaté has been rubbish in preseason . So I think thats why he opted to play him as a  right winger and not a right back  cause to be fair who else could he have played there . I’m sure when the others are up to speed he’ll drop in to right back 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1