Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Ricardo Pereira

11 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Got real pace and dynamism, an excellent first touch and can tackle and pass well. What's not to like?

....don't like the fact we resorted to having to play Amartey when this guy was supposed to be our answer to our RB problems. 

• Like 1

He done well last night although I thought he was a little weak in the Shaw challenge, Shaw out muscled him, but it's his first Prem game so he'll be smarter for it.

I suspect the decision to play him forward was made early in the Week with Albrighton injured. All the tactics would have been worked on and to late for the new signing Ghezzel.

I'm sure he'll revert back to FB once Albrighton is fit and Ghezzel gets to work with the squad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He done well last night although I thought he was a little weak in the Shaw challenge, Shaw out muscled him, but it's his first Prem game so he'll be smarter for it.

I suspect the decision to play him forward was made early in the Week with Albrighton injured. All the tactics would have been worked on and to late for the new signing Ghezzel.

I'm sure he'll revert back to FB once Albrighton is fit and Ghezzel gets to work with the squad. 

Exactly what I said earlier. Exciting times 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I think he got really unlucky with the Shaw challenge. When you play you try and anticipate the first touch, Shaw’s miscontrol meant he couldn’t really do much about it.

I can’t be the only one thinking Kasper should have been the one that did a little bit better surely?

Ricky P looks like a real find, it’s a difficult one but on that evidence I would possibly prefer him to start higher up the pitch V Wolves.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I think he got really unlucky with the Shaw challenge. When you play you try and anticipate the first touch, Shaw’s miscontrol meant he couldn’t really do much about it.

I can’t be the only one thinking Kasper should have been the one that did a little bit better surely?

Ricky P looks like a real find, it’s a difficult one but on that evidence I would possibly prefer him to start higher up the pitch V Wolves.

The real mistake was someone not getting to Mata, After that it was a good thru ball and Shall done well. I don't think he new much about the first touch. After that he done excellently. I just think a lit of bodily contact from Rico might have put him off. Similar to the way Bailey leaned and nudged Nacho in the box to put him off out chance.

It was a good strike from Shaw and he put it in the only place guaranteed to score. It was a Strikers finish from a full back and Kasper probably anticipated a pure strike at him.

Kasper may have got down to save on another day but it's hard to be too critical when Shaw skill was excellent. 

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

Amartey is a difficult one. Sometimes I've thought all he needs is more minutes. But then, he doesn't seen confident with the ball and always looks capable of making a howler... Should we persevere ? Claude, its over to you.

Persevered with him long enough.. He's not good enough! 

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

....don't like the fact we resorted to having to play Amartey when this guy was supposed to be our answer to our RB problems. 

In a 442 we also don't have many RW options. Ricardo looked like the best option there. Had Amartey not given away that penalty they'd probably be few complaints.

8 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Would he? I doubt it. Considering how where Shaw struck the ball from, a keeper wouldn't have a chance to set himself. And again, the position of the ball makes it very difficult to get anything on. If it goes under your body from that distance, then short of being much, bigger he can't get anything on it. His arm would have to go in an entirely unnatural position.

He’s got more than his arms he can save the ball with. Ask most goalkeepers, they’d be disappointed not to have got something on it.

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

He’s got more than his arms he can save the ball with. Ask most goalkeepers, they’d be disappointed not to have got something on it.

I know he has... 

Edit: I take back this bit having just seen it again :D. But I stand by the fact he should not have saved it.

Edited by dmayne7

To be fair having watched that back he was quite unlucky. I don't really see what he was meant to done. Dodgy touch from Shaw meant he'd have to commit himself and risk conceding a penalty which they'd have no doubt got. It was a freak goal.

I like this bloke. Really good player.

10 hours ago, Bert said:

Schmeichel will be disappointed with himself, but he'll be disappointed with himself to not get something on the penalty having gone the right way, sort of player he is - in reality it's a difficult one for any keeper, just because Shaw's first touch gives no clue what's coming or where to set yourself.

11 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Schmeichel will be disappointed with himself, but he'll be disappointed with himself to not get something on the penalty having gone the right way, sort of player he is - in reality it's a difficult one for any keeper, just because Shaw's first touch gives no clue what's coming or where to set yourself.

Yep it all happened so fast and I’m not saying he absolutely should’ve saved it. But it wasn’t one of the where you thought ah well didn’t have a chance at all there. 

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

To be fair having watched that back he was quite unlucky. I don't really see what he was meant to done. Dodgy touch from Shaw meant he'd have to commit himself and risk conceding a penalty which they'd have no doubt got. It was a freak goal.

I like this bloke. Really good player.

I thought the same. Shaw was lucky to get the touch and the forward movement meant he got there before RP.

He is absolute quality. Quite honestly he’s too good for Leicester and if he played right back for Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea you’d think “that guy looks really good.” You’ve got to credit Puel for convincing him to join! Maybe he’s got some incriminating footage of him somewhere :ph34r:

He’s fast, can use either foot, can cross, is a decent tackler, good positional sense and best of all a good decision maker. It’s rare that he plays a pass or ball that you think is the wrong option. 

Only criticism is that the understanding between Albrighton and him is not there yet but given this is the first time they started together that’s not really surprising. Perhaps his size could be an issue but he and Amartey dealt with Traore so well that they swapped the man he was up against. 

Honestly this guy’s a steal even at 25m. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2