Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Ricardo Pereira

Exciting player to watch but I'm not completely sold on him yet.

Defensively he was a complete mixture today, sometimes he was nowhere to be seen in the first half, he left Evans exposed many times. Second half though I thought he improved massively, such a danger going forward but defensively I thought he did better, he made some quality tackles, he has great strength as well, power and pace are his main attributes.

I liked Simmo but it's refreshing to see someone with actual pace at RB.

Think this lad could be something special but I just don't see him as an out and out fullback. His positioning can be very suspect and it didn't help Evans today at all. Hopefully the more they play together the better it will get. Very exciting prospect though

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This just shows the attacking threat Ricardo offers, having the overload on the right wing and the potential to run inside will really rip teams up in the future. 

Also shows the use Albrighton will have given his defensive work rate and his crossing ability.

Pushes the opposition winger back aswell. Ricardo could have had another assist if it wasn't for the deflection in the first half that put it into the GKs arms. 

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

Pushes the opposition winger back aswell. Ricardo could have had another assist if it wasn't for the deflection in the first half that put it into the GKs arms. 

Exactly, pins that entire side back as they're covering and defending. As long as we're vigilant against the counter with Wilf or Mendy. He looks a great buy for us and you can really see what Puel wants us to do and how to play. 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Exactly, pins that entire side back as they're covering and defending. As long as we're vigilant against the counter with Wilf or Mendy. He looks a great buy for us and you can really see what Puel wants us to do and how to play. 

Wolves were playing 3-4-3 and they were all over us at the start. It wasn't untill we were able to get the two playing behind the striker back defending that we could get a foot hold in the game. (30mins till half time). Soyunci I can see starting for us by the end of the season, his pace will be a massive asset for us and Dove tail nicely with what Maguire is able to do / can't do (not the quickest lol)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Wolves were playing 3-4-3 and they were all over us at the start. It wasn't untill we were able to get the two playing behind the striker back defending that we could get a foot hold in the game. (30mins till half time). Soyunci I can see starting for us by the end of the season, his pace will be a massive asset for us and Dove tail nicely with what Maguire is able to do / can't do (not the quickest lol)

Missed the game, but my dad said a similar thing! Can see once Soyunco has settled and fit him starting a few games next to Maguire. Wouldn't be surprised to see him make his debut against Fleetwood.

On 11/08/2018 at 21:48, Farrington fox said:

Amartey is a difficult one. Sometimes I've thought all he needs is more minutes. But then, he doesn't seen confident with the ball and always looks capable of making a howler... Should we persevere ? Claude, its over to you.

Comparing Amartey at RB to Ricardo is like comparing an Austin Allegro to a Bentley.

I do wish people would stop this nonsense with Amartey. He’s been here now for what? 2 years or so and we’ve seen he’s nowhere near good enough.

Ricardo on the other hand looks the business IF he retains his defensive position when needed to.

41 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Comparing Amartey at RB to Ricardo is like comparing an Austin Allegro to a Bentley.

I do wish people would stop this nonsense with Amartey. He’s been here now for what? 2 years or so and we’ve seen he’s nowhere near good enough.

Ricardo on the other hand looks the business IF he retains his defensive position when needed to.

bit harsh on Amartey tbh, hes always been in and out of the team and never really got a good run of games, its always been the about 1-3 and then hes out the team, hes always been a steady player tbh, doesnt do nothing special, just get on with his job and doesnt kick up a stink like some who arent playing do.....

though im sure some on here would moan about us bring in someone from the U23's and if they did crap theyd crow that they shoudlnt be in the first team ever again, bloody cycle of moan and rubbish:rolleyes:

on Ricardo, have to admit ive been impressed with his performances so far, in a way with the way he and Chilwell get forward we can easily got from a 4 at the back to playing wing backs, which is always good for the team and actually having something of a plan B 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Amartey came on against Wolves and didn’t put a foot wrong - he was clearly good enough. He helped secure that side of the pitch where we'd been getting exposed all game.  

• Like 2