Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Simpson

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Arrogant bunch aren’t they?

How so? 

We don’t see Simpson as good enough ourselves and many a poster on here has pointed out he’s not exactly a keen fit for their side.

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nwl fox said:

Youre basically saying the same thing as far as i can see. What the Bear is saying is that its actually a non-hg max quota of 17 rather than a min-hg quota of 8 so as long as youre happy with a squad of just 17 you dont actually have to have any Hg players

Correct. You can have zero HG players if your squad is only 17. Plus anyone under 21 doesn't count as non HG. 

17 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Wow a Wolves thread and The Bear only jus scrapes in on the fist page. 

You been having a nap by any chance lol lol lol 

Been watching SSN and betting the horses!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Really hope Wolves go down. They think they're a champions league club and didnt even beat our championship points total.

They remind me of QPR when they got promoted a while back, I don't think they'll do as well as everyone is making out they will. 

5 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Really hope Wolves go down. They think they're a champions league club and didnt even beat our championship points total.

We’ll give them a good pillaging when they get to the KP. 

Edited by SheppyFox
We’ll

19 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

To be fair, the signings they've made, they could well finish above us this season. 

Maybe they will, maybe they won't... but I think their many of their signings are being massively overrated.

Traore has flopped twice at premier league level.

Moutinho is 32, a good player no doubt but players can go down hill rapidly or get exposed when they hit that age.

Jimenez was a benfica sub

I could go through the whole list, we've seen ourselves how players looking good in portugal or the championship doesn't mean they are good premier league players.

They romped the league and usually teams getting those sorts of points do well, but the way they go on you'd think they were the next Man City.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

To be fair, the signings they've made, they could well finish above us this season. 

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Maybe they will, maybe they won't... but I think their many of their signings are being massively overrated.

Moutinho is 32, a good player no doubt but players can go down hill rapidly or get exposed when they hit that age.

I could go through the whole list, we've seen ourselves how players looking good in portugal or the championship doesn't mean they are good premier league players.

They romped the league and usually teams getting those sorts of points do well, but the way they go on you'd think they were the next Man City.

Made the point in another thread.. about 1 in 5 signings actually turn out good...and thats if your lucky.  Wolves may do ok next year but to Wolves fans could be in for a shock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

To be fair, I think a number of Wolves fans are sensible and recognise that it probably isnt all going to come together this season and have tempered expectations a little bit. @The Bear, for one. Of course, there certainly are a loud section who seem to think the PL is going to be a cakewalk for them. They've got a tough start and will get a bit of a wake-up call by the end of August, I reckon.

The biggest culprits for over-hyping Wolves are easily the media, who seem intent on putting them on some sort of pedestal. Phil McNulty for the BBC has predicted them to finish 7th, ffs. The cynical side of me thinks that some of this is so they can have a juicy 'where did it all go wrong' story later in the year...

They'll do well and I wouldn't be surprised if they did get into the top half, but some of their signings - as you say - aren't quite as stellar as they're being made out to be, and talks of Europe and the like is delusional.

We looked far better last night than at anytime in the last 2 years with Simmo. Send him on his way - shame we can't get cash for him.