Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Is it time for a New Club Captain...

We are entering a New era,

Is this the time to chase a New Club Captain,to mesh with Puel and Lead the Team,carrying Puels ideas and

needs onto the field.  

I will never,go on the negative Direction Wes Morgan,but maybe its time to say goodbye to the title years,

and face the future challenges with a New young Captain..

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Morgan will be club captain as long as he's here and I'm fine with that.

Club is made up of plenty of 'captains' and 'leaders' anyway. 

Pretty sure it's just a label these days anyway.

Thats why I had 2nd thoughts on how I would open up the topic,but then thought, no let it run

with all options and opinions, have an open  discussion, hoping to attract all thoughts.

Is a Club Captain,still necessary in our New PL Club structure.Where players are more easy

to go on the transfer conveyer belt,compared to the seasons gone by.

Do management want accept,respect   having that connection to/between the playing

Staff and squad...

Edited by fuchsntf

There have been plenty of situations where club captains don't play that often. It can sometimes be just an honorific title, to be honest.

I'd just give Schmeichel the captaincy but Wes the armband when he actually plays. This is assuming he will only get limited playing time, which is up in the air even after signing 3 new CBs and keeping Maguire.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1

Tough one. You have Kasper, Vardy and Maguire as the stand out contenders. 

Giving it to Maguire is not going to make him stay any longer and with Vardy just signing a new 4 year deal, could be the right time to give it to our main guy! 

Toss up between Kasper and Vardy but I lean towards Vardy. 

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

Wes to be Club Captain you need some stability/anchor points during major changes and have a team captain on the pitch.

I still wouldnt say NO.  If he can Carry on like the Period he had before Xmas last season.

There will be a time or descision,I am sure this season where Puel will make that transistion.

Club captain can just be a title - I think it'd be good for the club and for Wes if he stayed as club captain until he goes. There are captains on and off the pitch, and dropping him would be harsh. 

Kasper for on pitch captain for me - comes across as a good leader and will read the game well from the back. 

11 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Don't need an armband with a big C on it to be a leader on a football pitch. Literally the only function of a captain in football is to do the coin toss and babysit the mascot before the game. Anyone can do that.

Depends what the actual Profi fraternity believes,and their ideas on the subject......

Whilst wes is here he will remain club captain. When he isn’t playing the on the field captain will be kasper. in the event that neither of these are playing (less likely now), vardy would take it. I don’t see any reason for wes not to remain club captain and removing kasper from his deputy could  be seen as a negative when it isn’t meant to be. We don’t need to create issues. 

Puel may come our publically stating that he doesn’t want his keeper to permanently be an on the field captain which changes  the entire converstaion and helps any ‘issues’ removing it from kasper.